cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSS

Ahmed A Member Since: Feb 6, 2016
3001 of 3,248
Hi, Can somebody help with this? I've completed many jobs successfully with five-star reviews. My job success score didn't improve. I've worked for long weeks until I finally made it above 90%, the countdown to top rated status begun. But, I'm not dropped again under 90%, all I did was declining a job interview and this drop happened. While I've many five-star reviews for completed jobs. Please, can you look into it? Thanks a lot for any tips or help I can get to get it above 90% again.
Words Into Coins
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
3002 of 3,248

Hi Ahmed, 

Your Job Success Score calculation includes multiple factors such as public and private feedback, long-term relationships, contracts without feedback if they represent a significant portion of your overall contracts, etc. We won't be able to advise regarding which contracts exactly affected your Job Success score, but we recommend that you read up on this help article for more information on how your score is calculated. 

I would recommend that you check out these articles from our Hiring Headquarters to help you create proposals that win jobs, and help you boost your career on Upwork: 

Hopefully, this helps you with your Upwork career. Good luck!

-Avery
Untitled
Ahmed A Member Since: Feb 6, 2016
3003 of 3,248

Thanks for your help.

Words Into Coins
James B Member Since: Aug 17, 2019
3004 of 3,248

I find the JSS infuriating. I had 93% for weeks (after joining Upwork and not knowing about it's effect, I cancelled a contract where the client stopped communicating)! I had every client give 5 star reviews and in messages have been extremely happy (Which would be odd if they then gave bad private feedback!). My JSS did not change at all - surely it would have risen slightly???

Then - one day - a client who gave misleading info on a project cancelled a contract when I queried this and BOOM - 88% the next day!! No account of positive feedback.

Is it me, or is JSS highly in favour of clients and not freelancers? I think so.

Also - why on Earth would it be ok to factor in private feedback when the freelancer has NO WAY of addressing this. In some cases, a client can be given all they wanted and more, and STILL give you a poor private feedback. If a client is happy to give nice public feedback - then this should be the only feedback taken into account. 

Getting mighty fed up with JSS. Get rid! 

Thanks for listening

James

Khalid R Member Since: Oct 24, 2017
3005 of 3,248

Hi community,
I am facing an issue with Job success scores. I am top rated and have 94% JSS. 
But it is fixed at 94% from the past month. Although I have completed 8 jobs in this period having 5-star reviews but it is still at 94%.
So, what is the possible matter?
In the previous week, I have faced issue of job feeds as well.
So there is some possible error in my profile or anything else needed?

Hoping for best possible solutions. 
Thanks and Regards

Gurjit S Member Since: Jun 25, 2017
3006 of 3,248

My JSS scores are continuously dropping without me doing anything with the profile. It's been already difficult finding a work with 89% JSS and today it dropped to 81%. So it's now near to impossible finding any good work. Any suggestions, how you guys are dealing with the situation?

Community Guru
Jamie F Member Since: Mar 7, 2010
3007 of 3,248

It probably means that good private feedback has dropped out of the calculation window.

To fix it, you will need to complete jobs and gain good private feedback. 

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3008 of 3,248

Gurjit S wrote:

My JSS scores are continuously dropping without me doing anything with the profile

It is dropping BECAUSE you are not doing anything.

Every month, great outcomes fall out of your calculation window(s) and those are not replaced by other great outcomes, so any "not so great" outcomes become a more and more significant percentage of your overall score.

You really need to grab a few jobs, complete them well, and yourJSS will go up quickly again, because you don't have that many contracts in your 2 year window.

Gurjit S Member Since: Jun 25, 2017
3009 of 3,248

Thats sure I can understand that, but major problem is to get a good paying job, 
you need high scores, and without high scores you are not even able to grab
a job.

My scores dropped from 97 directly to 85. I did 2, 5* jobs back to back in
june and got it to 89% only and from there it has been continuously just
dropping making it extremely hard to even get a job.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3010 of 3,248

Gurjit S wrote:

My scores dropped from 97 directly to 85. I did 2, 5* jobs back to back in
june and got it to 89% only and from there it has been continuously just
dropping making it extremely hard to even get a job.

It has been dropping continuously because you haven't been doing more jobs.

You need to be a little more proactive and apply, apply and apply some more, because otherwise it will just keep dropping. It's not THAT bad now, but if it drops into the 70s things will get worse, not better.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS