cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSS

Highlighted
Andrew Bryan S Member Since: Dec 5, 2018
3011 of 4,061

My "success score" has been downgraded, apparently because I haven't accrued any reviews for a while. I was 98% and now I'm 87%.

I secured a review from a client on an older, still-open contract, but that didn't move the needle.

I have a regular client who'd like to give me a good review, but our contract is ongoing.

Can I end that contract, get that review, then start a new one? I understand that commissions rec'd by Upwork revert to their original percentages. (It's a recent-ish contract but it may be worth it to me in the long run to cancel and start over.)

If that's a TOS violation, do you have any other recommendations, other than more jobs and more reviews? Can I take a few piddly fixed-price jobs for the reviews, and will that help?

ABS

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer R Member Since: Sep 15, 2017
3012 of 4,061

Can I end that contract, get that review, then start a new one? Yes, you cando that any time.

I understand that commissions rec'd by Upwork revert to their original percentages. (It's a recent-ish contract but it may be worth it to me in the long run to cancel and start over.) You understand wrong. You will continue with the percentage you have reached with this client.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
3013 of 4,061

Confirming Jennifer is 100% correct.

Not that you need confirmation, Jen ...  Smiley Wink

Highlighted
Community Guru
Mark F Member Since: Jul 10, 2018
3014 of 4,061
I can confirm Wendy is also right and also needs no confirmations.
Highlighted
Mudassar S Member Since: Feb 26, 2019
3015 of 4,061

I don't know why my Job Success Score is drop. while I did my job with 100% quality.

Thanks

Mudassar
Highlighted
Dennis K Member Since: Dec 12, 2017
3016 of 4,061

Hi guys,

Just looking for a way to get in contact with a moderator or staff member at Upwork.

I've had an issue with regard to my JSS and need some help.

Thanks

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3017 of 4,061

Dennis K wrote:

Just looking for a way to get in contact with a moderator or staff member at Upwork.

I've had an issue with regard to my JSS and need some help.

There is little point speaking to Support about your JSS.

Presumably you are wondering why your JSS is 83% when you had no feedback at all in your 3 calculation windows (6 months, 12 months or 24 months)?

My guess is that whilst your long term job counted positively towards your JSS you may have had a job that never led to any earnings (either one that was fully refunded, canceled, closed before anything was paid, or has been open but nothing has ever (!) been paid on it. Such "nothing paid" contracts have a negative effect on the JSS.

Highlighted
Daniel G Member Since: Dec 4, 2019
3018 of 4,061

Hello,

I have been on Upwork for about 4 years my profile is here: https://www.upwork.com/fl/danielgillen

For the first year or so, I had Top Rated Status. Then because I didn't close a job in a while, I lost that and my JSS was in the 90s+%

Then about 2 years ago someone offered me a job without talking to me first, I foolishly accepted it and messaged them. They never sent me a message about the job, any clarification etc. Just pure radio silence. Eventually the job was closed either by them or automatically.

Upwork decided this was a collosoal failure on my part and my JSS instantly tanked to the low 70's%

Every since, I have been unable to escape the 70s%.

But look at my profile, every project my clients love me, I do a great job, the reviews are great, a ton of 5 stars. But my JSS continues in the 70s making me look like I'm terrible.

What's going on?

Thanks,
Daniel Gillen

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3019 of 4,061

Daniel G wrote:

I do a great job, the reviews are great, a ton of 5 stars. But my JSS continues in the 70s making me look like I'm terrible.

What's going on?

Public feedback (stars) are pretty much irrelevant when it comes to the JSS. What counts is private feedback.

To see your private feedback percentage, take a look at your "Clients who would recommend me" percentage on your "My Stats" page. This includes only the actual private feedback left by clients.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Ehtisham B Member Since: Mar 15, 2019
3020 of 4,061

When you complete  5 6 jobs then the JSS will be increase after 2 weeks ago.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS