Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSS

Highlighted
Community Guru
Gerald S Member Since: Apr 1, 2018
3191 of 3,598

Why should we the Freelancers have our JSS drop due to clients not engaging with us, my JSS has dropped even thought I keep getting stellar feedback and 5 star ratings and all recent clients have stated they send great private feedback to UpWork. This algorythm is broken!Smiley Frustrated

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
3192 of 3,598

What to you mean by clients "not engaging with you"? 

You only have three open contracts, and you have feedback on all of your recent contracts.

Side note: it's super unprofessional to ask clients about private feedback, and obviously if they've chosen to give you high public ratings and low private feedback they have intentionally concealed the poor ratings from you, so there is no reason to expect that they are being truthful if you do put them on the spot.

What is your percentage of clients who would recommend you score?

Highlighted
Community Guru
3193 of 3,598

27% and no I've never asked a client about their private feedback.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
3194 of 3,598

Oh, so "all recent clients" just randomly volunteered that they'd left great private feedback? That's virtually unheard of, so I assumed that if they'd given you that information, you must have asked.

They were lying. That 27% is reflective of private feedback, which consists wholly or nearly wholly of the question "How likely would you be to recommend this freelancer?"

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
3195 of 3,598

Gerald S wrote:

27% and no I've never asked a client about their private feedback.

If >70% of your clients would not recommend you, your problem is bigger than non-engagement. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3196 of 3,598

Gerald S wrote:

Why should we the Freelancers have our JSS drop due to clients not engaging with us, 

"We the freelancers" don't have our JSS drop due to clients not engaging with us...

If we do, we've screwed up along the way.

Highlighted
Nana A Member Since: Mar 5, 2018
3197 of 3,598

Dear colleagues! I would need an advice.

I was keeping Top Rated  profile with 100% JSS since 2018. 

Yesterday noticed it dropped to 96%. I don't have any contract closed in recent 3 months. Last contract had been closed by client in September with 5 stars review. The only reason in my opinion can be open contracts. I am working actively on one since December and beside  I have 2 idle contracts (one from March, the other from September), but anyway have money earned with both. 

Both promised to return back with new tasks. Anyway, I pushed 3 times the client with whom I worked since March, asking to close the contract if there is no work to do, but no reply.  Last time he replied me in mid June, telling that he wants to proceed.  Don't know what is better to close it by myself or wait ? 

Another hypotesis of JSS dropping off. In my current contract, I submitted a work for payment with fix-priced contract couple of days later of the deadline indicated by client. Can it affect JSS somehow?  

Thank you in advance for response! 

Highlighted
Community Guru
3198 of 3,598

Mine keeps dropping as well due to clients not interacting, why should their lack of involvement hinder me!!

Highlighted
Nana A Member Since: Mar 5, 2018
3199 of 3,598

Sad situation, where you are unable to change something...

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
3200 of 3,598

Gerald S wrote:

Mine keeps dropping as well due to clients not interacting, why should their lack of involvement hinder me!!

Because you are a freelancer providing a service to clients. If the clients don't like working with you enough to be involved, that is your problem. You may be selecting the wrong clients, communicating with your clients poorly, or failing to meet their expectations with what you deliver. Your score will reflect these lackings. 

Did you accept some contracts and then close them without being paid because the client 'hindered' you? Upwork isn't going to count those as favorable outcomes and you will see a reduced score as a result. Because a positive outcome is one in which the freelancer delivers and the client pays. That's not a punishment, it is a consequence of your choices. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS