Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSS

Highlighted
Community Guru
Varun G Member Since: Dec 11, 2019
3231 of 3,559

Robin H wrote:

Congratulations on your success so far in such a short time period!  You have quite a unique background and will surely succeed here.  As you listed, those are the items that can negatively affect your JSS.  I surmise it is the client who didn't give you feedback that caused your JSS to drop 7%. 

At this stage, every completed project will alter your JSS.  The more completed projects you have, the less each individually will affect the JSS.  

Once you receive Top Rated status, things will be even easier for you.  Just don't short-change yourself.  Start increasing your hourly rate and accept jobs aligning with that rate.  The jobs that are under $35 are really not worth your time (or the 20% fee to Upwork).  

Thank you for your kind words. I'm starting to understand Upwork better over time, and I'm going to start focusing mainly on my long-term clients as opposed to one-off jobs. I appreciate the advice, it's quite helpful.

And yeah, it seemed like the contract without feedback could be the only plausible explanation, but I'm a little surprised that one contract resulted in a 7% drop. I guess it's probably due to me only having 20 or so jobs, so one job represents 5% of that. I'm not a huge fan of JSS dropping due to no feedback, but it is what it is. Once again, thank you for taking the time to reply.

Highlighted
Jaffer H Member Since: Oct 14, 2018
3232 of 3,559

Hey, Two times my upwork profile update but my Job success score never change, its does not decrease or not increase, 1 month passed away but JSS is constant, even I have completed 4 jobs with 5 star review from clients in this time frame.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Muhammad A Member Since: Jan 9, 2019
3233 of 3,559

Hello, Upwork community.

In the last evaluation, I have a job success score of 96%.

I've completed 5 jobs recently with 5 stars and 2 of the client rehired me

Today my JSS dropped to 93%

What is the problem?

I know it is calculated automatically and a number of factors involved but still?.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3234 of 3,559

Muhammad A wrote:

Today my JSS dropped to 93%

What is the problem?

Private feedback (unless you had any contracts that ended with nothing ever paid or were canceled / fully refunded / been open for months with nothing (ever) paid)

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Muhammad A Member Since: Jan 9, 2019
3235 of 3,559

I don't have any nonactive contract however I have canceled the 2 contracts with no funding or refunded.

Does this effect JSS to this extent?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3236 of 3,559

Muhammad A wrote:

I don't have any nonactive contract however I have canceled the 2 contracts with no funding or refunded.

Does this effect JSS to this extent?

contracts that end with nothing ever paid  (or which were fully refunded) affect the JSS, yes.

Highlighted
Muhammad Usama J Member Since: May 15, 2019
3237 of 3,559

Hello, i would like to know why my jss is decreased from 100 percent to 80 percent?

Thanks

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
LIN F Member Since: Apr 30, 2016
3238 of 3,559
Hi all, I know that this has been asked over and over but I am a bit flabbergasted!! My score dropped from 100% to 92% today. I have ongoing projects and none have come to completion over the past few days. So it can’t be client feedback. One client went AWOL at the end of last year and did not leave feedback. This didn’t affect my 100% score at the time. If anyone has the time, could you please have a look at my profile and perhaps see what I’m missing here??
Thank you!
Highlighted
Community Guru
Richard S Member Since: Mar 12, 2019
3239 of 3,559

LIN F wrote:
Hi all, I know that this has been asked over and over but I am a bit flabbergasted!! My score dropped from 100% to 92% today. I have ongoing projects and none have come to completion over the past few days. So it can’t be client feedback. One client went AWOL at the end of last year and did not leave feedback. This didn’t affect my 100% score at the time. If anyone has the time, could you please have a look at my profile and perhaps see what I’m missing here??
Thank you!

Hi Lin. I think that the JSS calculation is a mystery to most of us...Looking at your profile, you have had 6 public feedbacks during 2019 of less than 5, so I'm not quite sure why, until today, you had a JSS of 100%? I don't mean that as a criticism of you btw, far from it, the feedback is excellent, but presumably at some point that will have an impact? What I don't understand is why it hasn't had an impact earlier.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
LIN F Member Since: Apr 30, 2016
3240 of 3,559
My JSS hovered in the 90s for a long time (all those 4. ratings) and then increased to 100% at the end of last year. Which is why this drop of 8% now — when no projects have been competed — makes absolutely no sense!
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS