3271 of 5,754

Can one $15 contract hit that bad.

colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
3272 of 5,754

Atifa T wrote:

It's nearly always the short, cheap contracts that hit. Your case is not desperate. If you were top rated you can use your perk to remove that feedback, and your stats will improve, but at 90%, it could go up on your next gig. 

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3273 of 5,754

Nichola L wrote:

Atifa T wrote:

It's nearly always the short, cheap contracts that hit.

Indeed

Nichola L wrote:

. If you were top rated you can use your perk to remove that feedback,

She's not.

tta192
Community Guru
Andrei T Member Since: Aug 30, 2016
3274 of 5,754

Atifa T wrote:

I personally agree the impact on the JSS should be adjusted with the contract value. OTOH, a low value contract is not always coming from a low spending client. And even then, are low-spending clients less important ? (in a way Upwork does seem to think that at times).

But it’s more complex than that: your $15 contract could be from an important client who are just testing the platform before engaging in bigger projects. So it makes sense to encourage freelancers to consider small projects just as important as all the higher paying ones.

rockstarz
Avi V Member Since: Aug 6, 2019
3275 of 5,754

Helo freinds, I am not sure how the JSS is calculated and I understand there are some "hidden" factores that go into that calculation.

I am currently at 98% JSS after being at 99%-100% for the past 15 weeks.
In the past week I have completed 5 jobs, all resulted in a 5 stars, I had 2 jobs that had a 5 star rating but no feedback... the client gave me a $50 bonus so it is impossible to say he wasnt happy (plus, he hired me again), so im not sure if having no written feedback affects the JSS...

My stats are:
48 jobs (ALL are 5 stars rated)
98% JSS
100% clients would recommend
16 out of 16 Top Rated eligible weeks

One more thing is that I see a 0% long term clients, not sure if this is connected to Returning Clients, but if yes, I have lots of clients who come back for more work.

Thank you for your time. 

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
3276 of 5,754

Hi Avi, 

You may want to read up on this help article for more information on how your Job Success Score is calculated. You may also want to read up on this help article to learn what factors can affect your Job Success Score. 

-Avery
Untitled
zeemumtaz18
Zeeshan A Member Since: Nov 29, 2019
3277 of 5,754

CAn you please tell me what happened in last 14 days, due to which my job success is dropped to 86% from 90%. It takes ages and about 3 to 4 good client reviews to gain these 4 points . and takes nothing to ruin this . I am very very disappointed with you all the time.

ubinkofficial
Umer Bin K Member Since: May 18, 2018
3278 of 5,754
Hi
I am Umer. Since last month i got many project and completed perfectly with 5 stars and there is no pending or negative feedback project. Why my job score decrease from 100 to 90. I am really in stress. Please let me know.

Thank you.
2a05aa63
Community Guru
Viacheslav K Member Since: Sep 9, 2015
3279 of 5,754

Clients have to give you a private score when ending a contract, that is not visible. Some of your recent clients weren't really happy, and gave you a bad score, so your JSS dropped.

varungs
Community Guru
Varun G Member Since: Dec 11, 2019
3280 of 5,754

Since last month i got many project and completed perfectly with 5 stars and there is no pending or negative feedback project. Why my job score decrease from 100 to 90. I am really in stress. Please let me know.

This has been stated in the thread tens (if not hundreds) of times. Each client leaves a private feedback which is hidden to you, but Upwork uses it to establish how your clients feel about the work you're doing for them. This factors into your JSS, and is likely the reason for most "unknown reason" drops in JSS.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS