Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSS

Highlighted
Shazma R Member Since: Jun 19, 2019
3341 of 3,538

Hi Petra, thanks for a detailed response. I have few questions from your reply;

-3 out of the 4 suboptimal feedback you mentioned were still there before my previous evaluation in which i JSS increased from 80 to 83%. 

-As you called 76 a bad JSS so what's the good JSS on average for Upwork to list me in suggestions to clients and for clients to offer the job?

-What is the good % for the "Clients who would recommend you" section? 

-Also, what are the laws of Upwork to protect Freelancers' right? A lot of clients exploit by asking for extra work or not providing the relevant information and we do it with the fear of bad rating? As the penalty effects more to freelancers than the clients. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3342 of 3,538

Shazma R wrote:

-As you called 76 a bad JSS so what's the good JSS on average for Upwork to list me in suggestions to clients

90% or better

Shazma R wrote:

-What is the good % for the "Clients who would recommend you" section? 

90% or better

You need to choose your clients more carefully and also try not to overpromise and underdeliver,

The fact that you keep being marked down for quality indicates that you are promising more than you can deliver. 

Highlighted
Shazma R Member Since: Jun 19, 2019
3343 of 3,538

There is one client who left 2.4-star rating that has impacted my rating badly. If i refund him the paid amount will it improve my rating? Do i need to ask him to improve the feedback or it will simply disappear from my profile?

There was a miscommunication with the client and i didn't argue further with him thinking the damage is done and he has already ended the contract. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
3344 of 3,538

Shazma R wrote:

There is one client who left 2.4-star rating that has impacted my rating badly.

That is not the only contract that has impacted your JSS.

Shazma R wrote:

If i refund him the paid amount will it improve my rating?

No, it will not. It will only remove the visible feedback from your profile.

Highlighted
Zaki S Member Since: Dec 30, 2019
3345 of 3,538

Hello

My clients who recommend me % score yesterday was at 92% and today it dropped to 87% due to one client and I am pretty sure it was him. The other 2 reviews before him my stats remained as is.

He gave me a 4.45/5 public feedback which I think is not bad but I am pretty sure he demolished me in the private feedback. My concern is since it went from 92% to 87 with just this one review , how will this affect my JSS when it updates this sunday...currently JSS is at 97%. Since the last update I have done 4 jobs with perfect 5/5 and this one with a 4.45

Much thanks...hoping my JSS does not go to 80% just because of his private feedback!

Highlighted
Community Guru
3346 of 3,538

Zaki S wrote:

Much thanks...hoping my JSS does not go to 80% just because of his private feedback!

Nooooo, that's not going to happen.

See what damage it does do (I doubt it'll be severe) and use your feedback removal perk if it is more than you like (provided you have not used it during the lat 10 jobs and 3 months.

It is possible that this contract alone didn't do the damage to your private feedback percentage. It does not (!!) update after every job, so it includes the private feedback from several (exact number unknown, widely guess to be between 3 and 5) contracts.

Highlighted
Mohammed Omar A Member Since: Oct 7, 2019
3347 of 3,538

Hello everyone,

I would like to confirm if refunding the full amount hurt my JSS calculations?

The client awarded me the offer and I completed the job, he was very happy with the final product and closed the contract with 5 stars rating and great feedback. But within a few mins, he realizes that he paid with the wrong credit card and asked for a full refund and I refunded him the full amount.

So, my question is if the contract closed on good terms I mean 5 stars rating and good private rating does it still hurt the JSS? please confirm.

Highlighted
Community Guru
3348 of 3,538

Mohammed Omar A wrote:

Hello everyone,

I would like to confirm if refunding the full amount hurt my JSS calculations?

So, my question is if the contract closed on good terms I mean 5 stars rating and good private rating does it still hurt the JSS? please confirm.

The client obviously still has to pay you for the contract so have your client change the primary payment method to the right credit card and then pay you a bonus on the closed contract of the agreed amount using the right credit card.

This way the contract is not affected in any way.

Highlighted
Mohammed Omar A Member Since: Oct 7, 2019
3349 of 3,538

Well, he already paid me by awarding me the new job and paid with the right payment method.

The old contract is closed with a full refund and with positive feedback. So, please confirm does it still hurt my JSS calculation?

Highlighted
Community Guru
3350 of 3,538

Mohammed Omar A wrote:

The old contract is closed with a full refund and with positive feedback. So, please confirm does it still hurt my JSS calculation?

When I had a similar situation it did not hurt my JSS. If it does, get the client to pay you a $ 1 bonus on the closed account and it will stop it counting as a contract without payment. JSS updated on Sunday, so you'll see then.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS