Did you mean: 

JSS

Highlighted
Community Guru
Christine A Member Since: May 4, 2016
3501 of 4,082

Lara T wrote:

Lara T wrote:

The clients reacted very quickly: closed the contract and asked for a full refund. I asked her why and fixed the problem. We both contacted the support and were told that they could not reopen the contract and I had to file a dispute. 

All the client needed to do was pay a bonus on the closed contract to get you paid. It is very unfortunate that Support did not advise you accordingly, because that is the elegant and easy and non-damaging way out.

I am surprised you know more than the support and because of this it is hard to believe what you are saying,

Lara T wrote:

I do not understand how you can feel confident in telling me what happened, unless you can access my account and be very sure of what you are saying. 

I don't need to access your account to be "very sure of what I am saying."

This is the same reaction as my seven-year-old: no new information in support of a strong argument, just over-confidence.

Okay, well here's a second opinion: Petra probably does know more than anyone else on Upwork when it comes to advice about JSS. But my opinion, like hers, is provided on a voluntary basis and you're free to take it or leave it.

Highlighted
Rheza Afrian P Member Since: Mar 20, 2020
3502 of 4,082

Anybody can help me to explain why my JSS dropped to 84%?

I have:

1. 1 active job (hourly)
2. 10 closed contract that contain 8 contracts with 5 stars rate and 2 contracts with no feedback

I still confuse what affect my JSS score because i always get 5 star rate from my client, thanks

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3503 of 4,082

Rheza Afrian P wrote:

Anybody can help me to explain why my JSS dropped to 84%?

I have:

1. 1 active job (hourly)
2. 10 closed contract that contain 8 contracts with 5 stars rate and 2 contracts with no feedback

I still confuse what affect my JSS score because i always get 5 star rate from my client, thanks

Any jobs that closed (or have been open for 2+ months) with nothing EVER paid? 

If not, you got poor private feedback somewhere.

In general, there are two things that negatively affect the JSS

1. Poor private feedback

2. Contracts where nothing has ever been paid (closed or open for a very long time such as 2 or 3 months)

Public feedback (stars) are largely or entirely irrelevant for the JSS.

Highlighted
Blagojche T Member Since: Nov 26, 2019
3504 of 4,082

Hi guys,

I just want to ask regarding my job success, I have 69%,I only complete 4 project so far, 3 of them with 5 stars and the forth one with 4,6 score, also I have 3 contract at the moment which I finished already but the clients still didn't close them.

So now I am thinking how come I have 69% job success?

Anybody can explain me more?

Thank you in advance!!

Blago

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3505 of 4,082

Blagojche T wrote:

Hi guys,

I just want to ask regarding my job success, I have 69%,I only complete 4 project so far, 3 of them with 5 stars and the forth one with 4,6 score, also I have 3 contract at the moment which I finished already but the clients still didn't close them.

So now I am thinking how come I have 69% job success?

You only had 4 contracts closed, and the client who gave you a 4.6 actually marked you 3 for skills, so it is likely that the private feedback wasn't great, either.

The JSS is weighed by Dollar value, and this was your biggest closed job, so weighed more than the 3 small ones. 

Highlighted
Blagojche T Member Since: Nov 26, 2019
3506 of 4,082

Hi Petra,

Thank you for your answer!!

I got that 3 for skills,because the client who hired me, said that I will not be charge for calling in USA using his mojo diler all I need to do is connect my phone, I did that and I was calling that day, but the next day my phone company block my number and charge me 150 euros, basically the client lied to me (or didn't know) that I will be charge also, and when I told him, he just cancel the contract and pay me half of the bill through bonus, which of course upwork took 20% out of that, so is not like I didn't do a good job, it just the part that I will be charge also was unknown. 

Honestly I think I am wasting my time here.

Thank you for your time!!

Highlighted
Muhammad A Member Since: Jan 6, 2020
3507 of 4,082
Greetings,
I have recently got JSS on my profile. But I see its very low (73%), due to that reason I'm not even being interviewed on the jobs that I apply.
I've read many forums and posts here in upwork community, I've got to know that Private feedback heavily affects JSS, I've seen that in my Stats, it's 80%(client's recommendation).
I request the upwork team to please have a look at my profile, and please explain me the reason of my low JSS, and recommend me do's & don'ts to improve my JSS.
I'm a new freelancer, I know that upwork doesn't discloses how the actual JSS is calculated, but some idea(in actual figures) would help me alot to improve and work on my JSS. If someone could tell me how many new satisfied clients I would have to work with in order to take it over to 90+.
Last thing, I read at one post that a wealthy job have more affect on JSS, if someone could see that my 2nd last job was the most expensive one, and that was rated on the 15th march, so is that also being counted in my current JSS? I'm worried I have all the 5 star feedbacks and clients were also happy, then why my JSS is very low Smiley Sad
Thanks in advance.

Regards
~ Muhammad Affan
Highlighted
Community Guru
Wes C Member Since: May 3, 2019
3508 of 4,082

The two most likely reasons are 1) one of your clients left poor private feedback even though the public feedback was good or 2) you have contracts that closed (or open a long time) without any payments ever being made on them.

Highlighted
Muhammad A Member Since: Jan 6, 2020
3509 of 4,082
Thanks Wes, for your reply.
But as far as I know there's no such a contract that might be ended without being paid, All the jobs that I've been hired on were completed by me and were also paid. Only 1 job that I got was paid after 14 days because the client didn't respond, so I submitted my work and got payment after 14 days, that is what I think.
As for the 1st point if someone from Upwork Staff could have a look on my profile and make me know better, the reason of low JSS and how should I proceed from now, to make it better, would be very helpful for me.
Thanks again.
With best regards
~ Muhammad Affan
Highlighted
Vincent C Member Since: Jan 22, 2020
3510 of 4,082

I see a rating of 83% on my account....how is that computed? My prospects seem worried about it. Did I do anything wrong that I was not informed or allowed to correct.

Do let me know and I will be happy to work on it whatever the issue.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS