Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSS

Highlighted
Community Guru
Michael S Member Since: Aug 29, 2017
4061 of 4,422

Could be a client left negative private feedback, which lowers your JSS. But since JSS only updates every two weeks, you see the eligibility numbers drop before you see your JSS drop.

Highlighted
Prachi T Member Since: Nov 22, 2018
4062 of 4,422

Hello Team,

Why it's showing 81% JSS beacuase i have regularly working with client there is no uncontinuity than why it's down please explian in details

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
4063 of 4,422

Hi Prachi,

Please note that Job Success Score is calculated on 6-12 an 24 months windows and it is updated every second week on Sunday. There are many factors that go into your JSS calculation including public and private feedback given when the contract is closed, a pattern of contracts without feedback, etc. To learn more about JSS check out this help article.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Muhammad Rehan K Member Since: Dec 19, 2017
4064 of 4,422

Hello. 
I had just received my Top-rated badge last week. My JSS fell from 100% to 86% even though I have only completed one contract in the near past which was a 5-star rating. 2 other contracts are active but don't have much activity due to the COVID-19 situation. Can someone help me find the reason for my decreased JSS?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4065 of 4,422
Muhammad Rehan K wrote:

I have only completed one contract in the near past which was a 5-star rating. 

When did that contract close? The last contract showing as closed on your profile ended in April, so that can't have been it

Muhammad Rehan K wrote:

2 other contracts are active but don't have much activity 

Your profile shows only one contract in progress. Has there been any payment (at any point in the past, ever) on the second open contract? Usually contracts with any payment made show on the profile....

If not, and if it's been open for 2+ months, that's what may have caused the drop. Contracts that never lead to any earnings (ever - $ 0 paid contract) can hurt the JSS - either when closed or if they've been open for over 2 months.

You also now have only 2 completed contracts in your 6 month window, which may have caused your caculation window to default to a different one because there aren't enough outcomes in the 6 month window since the one that closed in November fell out of the 6 month window.

Highlighted
Muhammad Rehan K Member Since: Dec 19, 2017
4066 of 4,422

I had 3 ongoing contracts. One of them was my primary client and the second one had hired me 6 months ago and did not respond after that. I kept the contract expecting a reply till now. I did not know to have an ongoing contract and not earning from it can reduce my JSS.

The third contract started 2 months ago and I just started working with that client, the client had to take a break due to the COVID situation. So 2 active out of the 3 and 1 client who did not respond after hiring me.

Secondly, I have 2 closed contracts in the past 6 months both gave me 5 stars: one is under the title "Online Business Manager for Technology Entrepreneur"; and the second is "VA needed for a Data Entry Project." I believed these two 5-star ratings will help me maintain 100% for at least 6 months. How many closed contracts would I need to maintain the rating? Because if I'm working with just 1 or 2 long-term clients, am I bound to get new work and close contracts just to maintain my rating?

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
4067 of 4,422

Hi David and Muhammad Rehan,

This help article gives a detailed overview of how JSS is calculated and what may cause changes in the score when it updates.

I also encourage you to check this announcement with information about the recent update to JSS calculation. Because we are now weighing jobs with higher earnings more, if you received less than stellar feedback on one of those jobs it may have impacted your Job Success Score more. Thank you!

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Ahmad A Member Since: May 16, 2019
4068 of 4,422

Hi,

Last week my profile was on 92% and now it is on 87% why?

While i did't got any negative review.

Please assist about it.

Thanks

Highlighted
Irfan A Member Since: Jun 12, 2016
4069 of 4,422

Hello Everyone

My JSS was 93% before May 19, 2020. I had 4 ongoing projects. 1 of them closed before May 10th but client did not pay and his account got suspended. Before suspension he gave me 5 star public feedback but I am not sure about the private feedback as he was new for me and it was a only $90 project. I was not paid but on 10th May my score dropped by 4% to 89%. My other long term projects had worth of around 10k usd and 1 of them was almost inactive.

During 10th May and 24th May one of my long term projects was closed which had 3k usd worth and I am sure about good private feedback because client gave me bonus and I have very good relationship with client even now. He was happy with my work. I was expecting good impact on my JSS. Another long term project is still on which has reached 10k mark. 

On 24th May I got a drop of 3% in my JSS. That is beyond any kind of logic. I am not sure what is going on. During last 4 months I completed 8 projects and got 5 star feedback in all of them and got bonus in 3 projects.

Recent 3% decrease has created lots of doubts in my mind regarding JSS calculation. I think it is completely broken and for that reason it is not a real representation of quality of the services.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Drew D Member Since: Feb 18, 2020
4070 of 4,422

You haven't mentioned what your 'clients who would recommend you' percentage is. Is that going down? Also, do you have any contracts which have been open for several months with zero dollars paid on them?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS