Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSS

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4091 of 4,465

Lara T wrote:

I guess I could ask to have this removed and see if it improves my JSS but I'm just trying to see why this seems so drastic. Thanks in advance for any input, advice, etc.

As far as I remember they cannot remove private, but only public feedback .... So you might use that option without the expected result.

No. The entire point of the perk is to remove the impact of the contract on the JSS, otherwise the perk woud be pointess. The ability to remove public feedback is an additional option, not the purpose.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
4092 of 4,465

Nicholas S wrote:

Hello everyone,

I have a quick question that maybe someone can help me with. My JSS just dropped 5% down to 90% but I'm not sure why (my clients who would recommend me is at 93% and was at that prior to this.) My best guess is the contract I closed due to the client disappearing. The job had been open since February, I completed the first milestone and received payment. However, the second milestone was never activated and the client disappeared. After multiple attempts to reach out to the client, I finally decided to close the job. After doing so, that's when I noticed the drop. My question is this, why is there such a drastic drop in JSS? I understand open contracts can affect it (but I was paid for milestone one and milestone two was never started) and I'm assuming closing contracts can affect this too. But this is such a large drop. I'm annoyed because it's not my fault and now I'm at the border of being Top Rated. I can't control the client, so to have this affect me negatively seems a bit unfair. I guess I could ask to have this removed and see if it improves my JSS but I'm just trying to see why this seems so drastic. Thanks in advance for any input, advice, etc.

Did you not see the 4.2 rating one of your clients left you?

Highlighted
Vatsal P Member Since: Nov 11, 2019
4093 of 4,465

Hello Everyone, I lost my TOP RATED BADGE followed by a decrement in JSS from 100% to 89% in just a few weeks, Which is quite unusual seeing all my jobs have 5-star reviews and I've only worked with one client in past few weeks and she's only left 5-star feedback for the jobs I've done and I don't think she has ever given me bad private feedbacks since she's always happy with the outcomes of jobs. Any help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
4094 of 4,465

Vatsal P wrote:

Hello Everyone, I lost my TOP RATED BADGE followed by a decrement in JSS from 100% to 89% in just a few weeks, Which is quite unusual seeing all my jobs have 5-star reviews and I've only worked with one client in past few weeks and she's only left 5-star feedback for the jobs I've done and I don't think she has ever given me bad private feedbacks since she's always happy with the outcomes of jobs. Any help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

Bad private feedback. What does your clients that would recommend you metric say?

Highlighted
4095 of 4,465

It says 71% 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
4096 of 4,465

Vatsal P wrote:

It says 71% 

Ouch, that is really low and might sink your JSS even more. 

You need to think long and hard what went wrong in some contracts and how to improve in the future. 

Highlighted
4097 of 4,465

Thanks for the reply. My JSS sunk low just recently so doesn't it have something to do with the very recent contracts? the only contract that didn't go well was my 2nd job on here, which was in Nov 2019.  But I didn't even have Rising talent badge back then. Also, my Top Rated eligible metric says 16 of 16 weeks. Sorry if this doesn't make sense.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4098 of 4,465

Vatsal P wrote:

I've only worked with one client in past few weeks and she's only left 5-star feedback for the jobs I've done and

That client seems toxic to another freelancer's JSS too...

Highlighted
Ana T Member Since: Nov 29, 2019
4099 of 4,465

Hello,

I would like to ask if contracts closed by Upwork because of clients issues are affecting the JSS. 

I realized that my JSS is 70%, even when all the jobs I have finished are with good score, and also I have open contracts where I have earned money and are still active.

I had one contract that was first put on hold by Upwork because of some client's profile issues which was never solved, the client didn't solve them, the contract got closed without any payment. I don't mind with the contract being closed, I understand that Upwork had some issues with the client, I mind if this is affecting JSS.
Also, before that, I had another contract with another client, that the client closed because she realized she didn't have very important things solved that I needed for the design, so first, she needed things done by other engineers. She closed the first contract, without me starting the job, and then she opened a new contract a month or two after that, after she could get the design done and hired me again.
I can't see any other reason why my JSS is 70%.

Is all this affecting the score? If yes, it is quite unfair because it is something that is not my fault.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Humayun M Member Since: Jan 15, 2020
4100 of 4,465

My JS score went down from 94 to 91, no bad ratings by clients were given, my client recommendation rate remains the same, the only thing I can think of is I started a new contract and it was supposed to be for 1 week but the client kept adding milestones, it has been almost a month now and the contract still continues. Does that somehow impact the JS?

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS