Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSS

Highlighted
Martin H Member Since: Mar 18, 2019
4421 of 4,797

Re: previous posts.

I dropped from 100% to 88% two weeks ago and now came back to 100%. Nothing has changed regarding the status of my contracts in this time. I'd really like to see a possible scenario why that happens, as it would answer many people's questions.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
4422 of 4,797

Martin H wrote:

Re: previous posts.

I dropped from 100% to 88% two weeks ago and now came back to 100%. Nothing has changed regarding the status of my contracts in this time. I'd really like to see a possible scenario why that happens, as it would answer many people's questions.

What has changed is time. Even when many mystics insist that time is meaningless and and illusion, upwork still uses it. As do many others. 

As time moves on, weeks fall out of your window, new weeks are added to it. So even if nothing changed regarding jobs or such, the passage of time does change the calculation window. 

Highlighted
Esther G Member Since: Aug 26, 2017
4423 of 4,797

I'll be the first to admit I did not know you could go back to 100% once you dropped as it never happened to me before and it is statistically impossible so clearly the calculation is only temproarly which i didn't know.

To me my explanation would still be the only possible reason as I didn't get any "private feedback" since April and it was up to 100 till 2 days ago. all feedback since are 5* (and the 10 before, stopped counting after 10 which was in april 2018 so seemed irrelevant). 

The contract that was on a "break" did have money on the contract (so the total amount is in +) but not for at least two months. 

so, great news I can go back to 100%! but I still would like to know why and how this happened if someone could explain it to be that would be grand. 

Cheers,

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer R Member Since: Sep 15, 2017
4424 of 4,797

Esther G wrote:

So there are two subjects about this on the main community page.

I got 3y ears of 100% job success and for no reason my rate dropped from 100 to 97% yesterday.

The only reason I can think off is because i got a client who paused the project due to COVID there are no active milestones for months now. but the UPWORK logic does state that for inactive contracts you can get -%.

I asked the client to close the contract if he didn't see a restart in the near future, he did, gave me a 5* recommendation (top on the list below). Still I am on 97% also I do get reviews from pretty much all my clients so that is also not the issue.

So let me get this straight, due to COVID all the world is in Recession it’s hard enough as it is having clients cancel, and back out here and there. Now to punish us more Upwork makes our job success score lower? What is with this entry banner stating they’ll help freelancers during COVID. How is this helping?

Please fix it! Fast, once you drop from 100 logically you can never go back. I definitely want to go back as it’s not my fault.

reviews.png

What does it say under Clients who would recommend you? That is the privat feedback and weights more than the public feedback. Another reason might be the percentage of jobs without feedback. And you even identified a dorment contract as the culprit and took actions.
The JSS is updated every other Sunday and there is nothing to fix in the meantime.

You can get back to 100%. Somehow your logic fails you to understand how and based on what data the JSS in calculated.
Regarding Upwork's promis to help dring COVID-19: Read this

Highlighted
Marian M Member Since: Feb 12, 2020
4425 of 4,797
Hello
Can someone tell me if everything is fine with letting my clients know that "private feedback" help me a lot too?
Highlighted
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
4426 of 4,797

Marian M wrote:
Hello
Can someone tell me if everything is fine with letting my clients know that "private feedback" help me a lot too?

No, it's not fine. When a job is ended, you will leave private feedback for the client too. Would you appreciate the client telling you what to put there?

Highlighted
Walid H Member Since: Oct 26, 2017
4427 of 4,797

This is not what I expected that my JSS will decrease after getting tow 5 stars positive

feedback. (No private feedback)

1. So the problem we have in JSS

Every time I come up with a JSS question and they always answer me with information from their website that we already know. The information we know, it says "if a client is not responsive and the work has been completed on the contract, it is better for you to close the contract and also mentioned that it will impact on your JSS. So why would I take it as my fault? If a client doesn't know what JSS is and how it works, I think we will face a lot of problems in the future with this. I have met many clients who never know exactly what JSS is.  I have worked with a lot of good clients who don't know how to end a contract and give a feedback.  So every time I message them about feedback, they may be busy with their business or my messages may not be notified.  So isn't it important to let a client know how feedback works in Upwork?  From my real experience, I have talked to some of my clients about why they gave me less than 5 star feedback and they told me that it was given so that it doesn't look fake. Because they don't know anything about JSS and Upwork feedback on how it works and somehow you're going to lose your top-rated badge.  Recently I found out that some new accounts are getting Rising Talent Badge without doing nothing and some people don’t get it after getting a job.

2. We're already having trouble with Upwork invitations 

Because every day people create thousands of accounts in Upwork and there are thousands of other accounts created by them who never open this account a second time and some other people create many fake accounts by the name of their sister or brother and when those accounts appear on search engines they get invited. The reason is that Upwork giving opportunities to all accounts to appear in search engines. So the problem is that it takes time to make the profiles private. I have received many messages from people who have not opened their account for the second time but they are getting invitations.

3.  We are losing our connect for some fake jobs.

I have already discussed this several times in upwork support.  But I'm tired of not getting the right answer.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Drew D Member Since: Feb 18, 2020
4428 of 4,797

Walid H wrote:

This is not what I expected that my JSS will decrease after getting tow 5 stars positive

What do you mean? How would you know you have no private feedback? What was your previous JSS before the latest two five star reviews? 

Highlighted
Walid H Member Since: Oct 26, 2017
4429 of 4,797

I talked to my client about this. He is really happy with my work and he will hire me again for another project. Before the latest, it was 92%

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4430 of 4,797

Walid H wrote:

There is no such thing as "5 stars and no private feedback."

A client can not leave public feedback without leaving private feedback."

Marian M wrote:

No. That's called feedback manipulation. 

Simply do your jobs in such a way that clients have no reason to leave poor private feedback.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS