Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSS

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Mrwan S Member Since: May 11, 2020
4481 of 5,530

Sorry if this isnt the right place to ask this, but i really looked for the answer and didnt find it so i think i will find the answer here.

What happens to my JSS if i decided to only work in a long term contract only and didn't proposal for any other jobs as i working full time on that contract ? as you know you cant give feedback while the contract is open and its not 100% right to ask client to close the contract and re open it again and if he did like once every 2-3 monthes how the JSS will work on this setiouation?

Also maybe i had a good amount of jobs and my JSS is 100% adn want to just focus on my ongoing jobs only from now on will my JSS remain 100?

Thanks

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Mrwan S Member Since: May 11, 2020
4482 of 5,530

Can anyone help me on this please.

Highlighted
Muhammad Arslan J Member Since: Jan 28, 2019
4483 of 5,530

So I recently had encountered a client, who posted a job with a very budget. So he engaged me for interview for like 3 hours + in discussing things, which were not complicated at all.

So I got notification after about a day that job is closed now. I went to job posting and saw he interviewed like 20+ people and there ware 11+ unanswered invites as well. He had a 56% hiring rate.

I messaged the client, that if he isn't sure about the job he would not have to post, to waste the time and bids and of freelancers which are now paid.

I told him I am not speaking for myself, he didn't hire anyone, which got me thinking about other freelancers and their monetarliy bids.

He also told me that he found good freelancers who made good impressions about the job, but still he didn't hire anyone.

And then he just blocked me. I want to know should I stand up against this kind of unjustice to all freelancers or does it effect my profile or JSS when a client who has not hired you and blocks you in interview

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4484 of 5,530

Muhammad Arslan J wrote:

And then he just blocked me. 

I am not surprised.

That wasn't exactly professional of you. I wonder if he also reported you to Upwork.

Muhammad Arslan J wrote:

does it effect my profile or JSS when a client who has not hired you and blocks you in interview

Of course not.

Highlighted
4485 of 5,530

Why do you say it's not professional ? I simply tried to have a conversation. I know he has the right to close project and everything. But shouldn't be he more serious about the work? We actually buy bids here. He could add refundable bids, if he had doubts with the job.

He clearly indicated he found some freelancers fit for the job. and then didn't hire anyone.

You are saying, we should not even try to have a conversation with clients at all.

This is not the first time I encounter this type of clients, in the past I took a blind eye on it. there were those who interview a lot, then ask all of them to code a demo and then blocks you or possibliy reports you if you try to argue that you won't be able to do extensive demos when there is a huge line of interviews.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
4486 of 5,530

Muhammad Arslan J wrote:

Why do you say it's not professional ? I simply tried to have a conversation. I know he has the right to close project and everything. But shouldn't be he more serious about the work? We actually buy bids here. He could add refundable bids, if he had doubts with the job.

He clearly indicated he found some freelancers fit for the job. and then didn't hire anyone.

You are saying, we should not even try to have a conversation with clients at all.

This is not the first time I encounter this type of clients, in the past I took a blind eye on it. there were those who interview a lot, then ask all of them to code a demo and then blocks you or possibliy reports you if you try to argue that you won't be able to do extensive demos when there is a huge line of interviews.

The client was looking for free work apparently, and received it. Instead of further engaging and expression your dissatisfaction to the client, and lament about the unfairness of it all, you should have just moved on. You should thank your lucky stars you were never hired.

If you have a 3 hour interview next time, calmly explain your approach to interviews (whatever it is), but don't try to admonish people if you think they did something wrong. My guess is the client knew exactly what he was doing and preferred not to be enlightened by you. 

Highlighted
4487 of 5,530

Thank you Martina P. That is very helpful and explainable

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4488 of 5,530

Muhammad Arslan J wrote:

Why do you say it's not professional ? I simply tried to have a conversation. .

The client didn't hire you. The end. There is no "conversation" to be had.

The client does not owe you an explanation, you don't know why he didn't hire. For all you know the project fell through, the funding fell through, they ended up hiring on another platform or in-house. And it's none of your business either way.

Highlighted
4489 of 5,530

Petra R wrote:

Muhammad Arslan J wrote:

Why do you say it's not professional ? I simply tried to have a conversation. .

The client didn't hire you. The end. There is no "conversation" to be had.

The client does not owe you an explanation, you don't know why he didn't hire. For all you know the project fell through, the funding fell through, they ended up hiring on another platform or in-house. And it's none of your business either way.

Why do I am having feeling you are being rude to me? Should we not discuss our minds openly here in a polite manner ?

Highlighted
Community Leader
Gurjeet S Member Since: May 18, 2020
4490 of 5,530

First of all, I pay respect to you brother, that you stood for the truth.
This is what makes us real humans.

Sometimes it happens, when the client themselves are clueless, take it normally, it can happen... but sometimes they are really smart and want to have FREE IDEAS by posting a job at the higher price, and they knew that on higher price many will bid and share valuable ideas, Initially I delivered free work as well, but later I understand and got to know how to deal with such clients, ie I don't share real ideas until they hire you. and try not to get into such things personally but make aware of the client to this community (not his name, just his actions), that is important to secure/save honest freelancers' bid money and efforts.

we should not be biased for client or freelancer, but we all must learn and grow each other by helping and guiding each other.

Petra & Martina, already answered that blocking will not down your JSS. They both are best, experienced and provides great advice always.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS