cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSS

Highlighted
Oleksandr P Member Since: Mar 12, 2020
4781 of 5,249

Hello everyone. Once again, I'm creating a new topic about JSS, cause yesterday it was "updated" but it still the same as it was. I have two closed contracts since last JSS update. It's 5 stars and clients was really happy with work. Any thoughts? Let me know. Thanks.

Highlighted
Tom B Member Since: Feb 26, 2019
4782 of 5,249

H!

My job success rate has recently fallen from 100% to 94%. I've had no negative reviews, particularly nothing below 5 stars since I was considered a 100% success rate freelancer. Much of my work on uw has been for existing, long term clients, with smaller new client projects in between.

Sometimes it is difficult to get feedback from a 1 project client. I do have several "No Feedback Given" marks on my profile, even when providing them with positive feedback.  Unfortunately, no feedback seems to be effecting my success rate, which in turn may affect my bidding success.

Is this accurate, or are there other factors that are dropping my success rate?

Highlighted
Aarti C Member Since: Apr 27, 2019
4783 of 5,249

Hello Upwork, I got 4 jobs and about 2k earnings and my all jobs are going well. I am surprised because I still not get JSS. Can you please check why my JSS is not showing yet?

Please see attached snapshot

Thanks.

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
4784 of 5,249

Hi Aarti,

Please note that more than 90% of freelancers have a score after 5 projects. Since not all projects and clients are equal, the length of time will vary. Nearly all freelancers have scores after completing eight projects. The projects need to be with at least three different clients and take place within a 24-month period. For more information on JSS, you can check out this help articleOnce you earn your JSS, you can start working toward Top Rated status.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
4785 of 5,249

Hello Team,

I have 5 jobs with long term contract still i didn't get JSS please check proper 

Please see attached snapshot

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
4786 of 5,249

Hi Aarti,

More than 90% of freelancers have a score after 5 projects, and nearly all freelancers have scores after completing eight projects. We exclude clients whose freelancers report a history of unreasonable feedback so their scores won't count against you, but that may mean it takes longer to receive your initial score. You can check out this help article to learn more about JSS.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
4787 of 5,249

I have 5 jobs

Please check my snapshot

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4788 of 5,249

Aarti C wrote:

I have 5 jobs

Please check my snapshot

Not a single completed one.

For a JSS you need 4+ COMPLETED contracts with at least 3 different clients, or some proper long term active contracts ( 3+ months with regular payments)

Highlighted
Andrei V Member Since: Aug 3, 2020
4789 of 5,249
Hello, I started with Upwork 6 months ago and today my JSS was updated to 75% (it was 100% previously).

So far I've only gotten 5 star reviews (don't think I've gotten any bad private feedback) and I've just taken on my biggest client a week ago.

I have quite a few open contracts where no payment has been received (due to clients moving slowly or long discussions). Specifically:

13 total contracts
1 open with 1 milestone completed
5 open with no payment received
7 closed with 5 star reviews

I want to ask if these open contacts are the issue behind my JSS dipping and if closing or completing milestones in them before the next update in 2 weeks will improve my JSS? I will most likely not be taking on any new work within the next weeks, because I am busy with what I have.

Thank you,
Andrei
Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4790 of 5,249

Andrei V wrote:
I have quite a few open contracts where no payment has been received (due to clients moving slowly or long discussions). Specifically:

13 total contracts
1 open with 1 milestone completed
5 open with no payment received
7 closed with 5 star reviews

How long have those been open? Anything over 60 days is hitting your JSS. NEVER accept a contract you can't get started with and get paid "something" within the first few weeks-

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS