Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSS

Highlighted
Ivan M Member Since: Aug 13, 2018
5521 of 5,754

Greetings,

I would kindly like to ask someone form Upwork Support to review my job success rate. My success rate hase been dropping rapidly and drastically since February and meanwhile I was hired for only one project and the client left a rating of 4.40 (public review).

At the moment success my rate is only at 61% and it should have been at least at 70% or even more considering the ratings from previous projects.

Can you please investigate and review this case because the current success rate does not reflect the true state of my profile?

Thank you in advance. 

Ivan Matejic

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
5522 of 5,754

Ivan M wrote:

My success rate hase been dropping rapidly and drastically since February and meanwhile I was hired for only one project and the client left a rating of 4.40 (public review).

That's because good contract outcomes have been falling out of your maximum 2 year windows, making the poor outcomes (poor private feedback and/or "nothing ever paid contracts) weigh more every time that happens.

You also no longer have enough completed contracts to calculate a 6 month or 12 month window from.

The only way you can improve your JSS is by increasing the number of successfully completed contracts in your calculation windows.

Highlighted
Ivan M Member Since: Aug 13, 2018
5523 of 5,754

Thank you very much for the elaborate answer.

Highlighted
Muhammad Ali R Member Since: Aug 11, 2020
5524 of 5,754

Hi, I'm a bit concerned about my job succuss score as its 88% right now and I got it a few days  for the first time. I have completed a couple more jobs till then from which I got5 star ratings but my job succuss score still hasen't updated. Can anyone please tell me when will my job succuss score be updated?

Highlighted
Community Guru
5525 of 5,754

Muhammad Ali R wrote:

Hi, I'm a bit concerned about my job succuss score as its 88% right now and I got it a few days  for the first time. I have completed a couple more jobs till then from which I got5 star ratings but my job succuss score still hasen't updated. Can anyone please tell me when will my job succuss score be updated?

It updates every 14 days, on Sunday afternoon/evening UTC.

The next update will be on the 25th of October.

Highlighted
Mohamed E Member Since: May 5, 2019
5526 of 5,754

(My JSS is 92% - I'm not a top-rated freelancer). I'm working with a client on a previous project with an hourly rate contract and after finishing the contract and get positive feedback he asked me to open a new hourly rate contract because he has a new job but it needs 1 hour only. After I submitted his job he asked me to keep this contract open for a few days in case he need anything else. Now, this contract opened for 2 weeks without any activity and I asked him politely "It seems that you don't have any new jobs so can you please close the contract and give me a positive review and sure if you want anything else it's a great honor to hire me again Smiley Happy " but he didn't close or reply my message
I afraid that this contract affect my JSS so what is better for the JSS is to keep the contract as it is or close the contract and if it better keeps the contract as it is, what is the period that will affect on my JSS

Highlighted
Community Guru
5527 of 5,754

Mohamed E wrote:

I afraid that this contract affect my JSS 

It doesn't

Highlighted
Artyom S Member Since: Jul 19, 2019
5528 of 5,754

Hello everyone!

A long story short - I've had a contract which I was not able to execute and I had to cancel it from my side, stating the reason as it was - I wasn't able to deliver good work - the work seemed too complex to do. My JSS fell down shortly after, and it seemed reasonable since that client left hidden feedback of 0 or 1. It worked too harsh on me, having me lose 14% from my 100% and losing the TR Status.

I was hoping my other big contracts will make the change and help me boost both - my JSS and views, but in reality, when I've finished 2 or even 3 contracts my JSS only rose to 90% (from 86%) and my views are on the "ocean's bottom" right now.

I know that there's work for anyone, and I should keep trying, but it seems like Upwork and its system punished me too harshly - I hardly ever get a reply on my proposals, even though I'm actively looking for new roles and projects, send proposals...

My question here - is it even possible to be seen when your JSS is as low as mine? I think some people never see my proposals due to low JSS (other ppl probably have higher JSS).

How do I fix the closed-circle situation when I have to get jobs in order to work and increase my profile visibility and I at the same time, not being able to land any due to low JSS?

Any recommendation would be appreciated

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jamie F Member Since: Mar 7, 2010
5529 of 5,754

'Views' in your stats mean how many times you have appeared in searches, not how many times your proposals have been seen.

90% is not bad and will likely have little to no impact. If you are struggling to get replies to your proposals then there is likely to be something else causing it. Or it might just be a statistical anomaly. (In short - it just happens sometimes). 

I've been as low as the mid-70s before and, during that time, I won the most lucrative contract I've had on the platform. If you want a boost, try looking for some easy 'quick fix' jobs that should give your JSS a boost. It worked a treat for me. 

Highlighted
Artyom S Member Since: Jul 19, 2019
5530 of 5,754

Thank you, Jamie. I'm aware of the statistics here, and that views matter the least, but what bothers me and even frustrates is that I'm a great developer, but people wouldn't see my replies for some reason. I'm also aware of the system and "rotation" that is happening from time to time, so my search appearances can rise or fall depending on the day or the time.

What bothers me is the fact that I'm writing proposals, spend my time looking for a contract, am trying to be helpful and give some pieces of advice from time to time (never asked for anything in return), but little to none replies would be the result of my action. What I have at the end? Spent xxx US dollars on purchasing connects, spent them sending proposals and have only got like 1 response (when sent over 20 proposals), and spent my time which I could have contributed to literally anything except for lurking around and hoping people would see my message and reply. That's a waste of time, and for now a waste of my money as well...

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS