Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSS

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Muhammad Q Member Since: Mar 18, 2020
5601 of 5,754

Hi all, I've been working on Upwork for the last 6 months, I've completed 29 projects and working on 5 projects at the moment. Never have I ever got a review less than 4.7/5. I got the Top Rated badge as well. I had a 100% Job Success Score until recently a client gave me 4.7/5 which drasitically dropped my JSS to 92%.

- How can I recover?

- Is it possible to have a 100% JSS again? If so, how?

Thanks in advance.

Highlighted
Pedro O Member Since: Oct 26, 2020
5602 of 5,754

I lost my Rising Star Badge, and began my JSS with 85%, but my stats indicate 100% approval.
I have 5 stars and great reviews in 7 out of 8 jobs completed. One of the possible reasons is that I have not applied to new jobs in x amount of time, but I have two extremely demanding clients that require my full time job. I thought it was an unfair JSS, I am not one to complain or nag about silly things. I just considered it affects my reputation and is not coherent with my stats...

I am reaching out to Upwork employees in this post, hoping they would assist me and recover my stats. 

I appreciate your work and time, Pedro. 

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
5603 of 5,754

Hi Pedro,

Please know that both private and public feedback are considered in your score's calculation. We won't be able to share information about any specific feedback, but you can check the explanation of how JSS is calculated here.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Mehwish B Member Since: Oct 13, 2020
5604 of 5,754

Hi i got 5-stars from all the clients but why i did get 88% job score .Can someone tell me why I got such a score instead of 100%?

Highlighted
Abdullah A Member Since: Jul 30, 2012
5605 of 5,754

I have comeback again and started working on Upwork after around three years. While resuming my work after 3 years there was no JSS on my profile. After completing few contracts successfully from three different clients I got JSS and it was 100%. It remained unchanged for couple of months maybe.

In the mean time I completed couple of more projects, but the clients did not leave feedback this time, and I found my JSS remaining same as 100%. Today suddenly I found my JSS is 92%, though I did not receive any feedback from my clients recently (last 20 days or more). According to my analysis JSS should not decrease as I did not receive any feedback or recommendation rating out of 10.

Beyond my analysis what can impact my JSS , and is there any hidden policy to count JSS? Please assist me providing detail information in this regard.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Chloe L Member Since: Jun 10, 2019
5606 of 5,754

Hi, I received a 5-star feedback a few days ago. I thought that my job success will increase to 90% and top rated eligible weeks will be increasing from 4 to 5. But I didn't see any change after the fortnightly update. Does anyone know why this happens? Thanks!!

Highlighted
Natalya G Member Since: Oct 27, 2020
5607 of 5,754

Hi!

My name is Natalya Gorova and I am a Wordpress/Genesis developer. I have been an Upwork member since June 10, 2020.

Here is the story of my Job Success score.

**Edited for Community Guidelines** - Project started on August 20, ended on September 22. In total, the project took time 29:50 h. Earned $ 358. Client assessment 4.6. The client claimed that he does not give a grade of 5 even to himself and then my rating dropped from 100% to 85%.

**Edited for Community Guidelines** - Project started on September 18, ended on September 20. In total, the project took time 5 h. Earned $ 60. Client assessment 5.

**Edited for Community Guidelines** - Project started on September 26, ended on September 30. Earned $ 50. Client assessment 5.

**Edited for Community Guidelines** -Project started on October 1, ended on October 11. In total, the project took time 36 h. Earned $ 432. Client assessment 5. I was in a hurry to finish this project, I finished it on Sunday, but unfortunately I didn't get into the statistics. Then my statistics increased by 3%, excluding this project.

October 12, I wrote a letter to Upwork support asking if they calculated my statistics correctly and also asked how many contracts and how much I need to close in order to increase my Job Success score.

Here is my letter:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Please tell me, is the count correct?

If not, how many contracts do I need to complete, and for how much to get 90% or more for Job Success score?»

October 13 they answered:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068358-Job-Success-Score

The article in the letter was duplicated twice.

I read it before I asked for help from support. They did not help me with the answer.

Then I waited another 2 weeks so my work from October 11 was taken into the new calculation.

My rating went up by only 2%.

In Total:

$ 358 project

Assessment 4.6

Rating 85%

Further projects worth $ 542

Assessment  5

Rating 90%

Can anyone suggest how many projects I need to complete to increase my Job Success score to 100%?

How to understand how the rating is calculated?

Highlighted
Natalya G Member Since: Oct 27, 2020
5608 of 5,754

Hi!

My name is Natalya Gorova and I am a Wordpress/Genesis developer. I have been an Upwork member since June 10, 2020.

Here is the story of my Job Success score.

Developer needed for function band website - Project started on August 20, ended on September 22. In total, the project took time 29:50 h. Earned $ 358. Client assessment 4.6. The client claimed that he does not give a grade of 5 even to himself and then my rating dropped from 100% to 85%.

WordPress developer needed - Project started on September 18, ended on September 20. In total, the project took time 5 h. Earned $ 60. Client assessment 5.

Wordpress website & technical support - Project started on September 26, ended on September 30. Earned $ 50. Client assessment 5.

Create a WordPress website -Project started on October 1, ended on October 11. In total, the project took time 36 h. Earned $ 432. Client assessment 5. I was in a hurry to finish this project, I finished it on Sunday, but unfortunately I didn't get into the statistics. Then my statistics increased by 3%, excluding this project.

October 12, I wrote a letter to Upwork support asking if they calculated my statistics correctly and also asked how many contracts and how much I need to close in order to increase my Job Success score.

Here is my letter:

«Hi!

In my profile Job Success score was 100%. 22 September I closed the contract worth 358 dollars «Developer needed for function band website». The client gave a 4.6 grade.

On Monday 28 September my Job Success score dropped to 85%.

30 September I closed the contract worth 50 dollars«Wordpress website & technical support». The client gave a 5 grade.

11 October I closed the contract worth 432 dollars «Create a WordPress website».The client gave a 5 grade. But 11 October my Job Success score rose up only on 3%.

Please tell me, is the count correct?

If not, how many contracts do I need to complete, and for how much to get 90% or more for Job Success score?»

October 13 they answered:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068358-Job-Success-Score

The article in the letter was duplicated twice.

I read it before I asked for help from support. They did not help me with the answer.

Then I waited another 2 weeks so my work from October 11 was taken into the new calculation.

My rating went up by only 2%.

In Total:

$ 358 project

Assessment 4.6

Rating 85%

Further projects worth $ 542

Assessment  5

Rating 90%

Can anyone suggest how many projects I need to complete to increase my Job Success score to 100%?

How to understand how the rating is calculated?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
5609 of 5,754
Natalya G wrote:

It can't go to 100% mathematically until the non-positive outcome(s) have fallen out of your calculation window. You've had so few contracts and have already gone back to the all-important "90%" - just be careful what contracts you accept and manage them well.

Highlighted
Stefan T Member Since: Sep 27, 2020
5610 of 5,754

my job succes score has gone down and I cant figure out why so I narowed it down a bit, and now I'm thinking it might be because I dont use the submit work option I just send the finished work in the chat is that the reason for my lowered score?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS