cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSS

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
91 of 3,028

Hi Lara,

I'm sorry to hear about the frustration you're experiencing with you Job Success Score. I see our team is already communicating with you regarding the request you submitted and I'll ask our team to reach out to you again, to clarify the GDPR regulations and assist you directly.

Lara M Member Since: Jul 8, 2017
92 of 3,028

I do not accept your fake apology.  All I want is the data that your company has on me and I want to know why I cannot have it.  IT IS MY DATA.  Additionally, your private feedback JSS, if it negatively affects someone, is illegal in California and other jurisdictions. 

Community Guru
Brian F Member Since: Jun 4, 2013
93 of 3,028

AMEN LARA!  PREACH!!!

Lara M wrote:

I do not accept your fake apology.  All I want is the data that your company has on me and I want to know why I cannot have it.  IT IS MY DATA.  Additionally, your private feedback JSS, if it negatively affects someone, is illegal in California and other jurisdictions. 

Community Guru
94 of 3,028

Lara, that's not fair.  Its customer service does exist, and it exists to tell any freelancer with a legitimate complaint about being treated unfairly that they are wrong and Upwork is right, and to provide information you did not ask for as a solution :-)

Community Leader
william b Member Since: Jan 3, 2015
95 of 3,028

Could not agree more. And "non-existent" is almost certainly too kind.

Community Leader
Tom Z Member Since: Jul 10, 2016
96 of 3,028

A lot of freelancers here don't realize in fact they are the "client." --- 13% of my pay goes directly to Upwork... That's more than most "client" spend here on Upwork. It's funny how freelancers don't realize this.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
97 of 3,028

Tom Z wrote:

A lot of freelancers here don't realize in fact they are the "client." --- 13% of my pay goes directly to Upwork... That's more than most "client" spend here on Upwork. It's funny how freelancers don't realize this.

What many freelancers, who think they are "the client" - is that 100% of the contract value, your part and Upwork's part" comes from the client. Absolutely every Cent of it.

Community Guru
98 of 3,028

Petra R wrote:

Tom Z wrote:

What many freelancers, who think they are "the client" - is that 100% of the contract value, your part and Upwork's part" comes from the client. Absolutely every Cent of it.

Do you understand basic economics?  The money is sent in exchange for goods and services.  So without services/goods offerent by freelancers, no money is changing hands or going through Upwork.  Upwork makes no money and clients get no services/goods... It's an exchange.  One is not more valuable than the other.  This is economics 101. The amount of money is based on the value of the goods.  Come on now...

Community Leader
william b Member Since: Jan 3, 2015
99 of 3,028

"Non-existent" is definitely a bit too kind.

Community Guru
Jennifer D Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
100 of 3,028

@Scott DS Y wrote:

When is the Product Team going to understand that not every client is NOT going to leave feedback after a successful project. So when a freelancer closed a completed project the likely hood that a client will close from their end and leave feedback is 10%. YES 10%. Also when you call the customer support center to send a client an email, that is just bothering the client is DOES NOT HELP.

(snip)

Where on earth did you get this 10% number from?

Upwork's position is that a *pattern* of jobs with no feedback indicates poor client and contract management, and as a client I tend to agree. This is why JSS is negatively impacted if a freelancer has a *pattern* of jobs with no feedback.

There is more to being a successful freelancer on Upwork than just winning a job and delivering the finished product. Client and contract management is an important skill for all freelancers. It starts before you even bid on a job (does the client have a great history of feedback, both given and received) and doesn't end after you have delivered the finished product.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS