Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSS

Highlighted
Community Guru
Will L Member Since: Jul 9, 2015
91 of 5,250

Wagas M.:

It is interesting you were told the JSS is affected by "Quick response to jobs."

If this means the JSS includes information about whether and how quickly a freelancer responds to unsolicited invitations for new projects, then the JSS doesn't just measure how well your previous clients claim you have performed on their projects, but also how well you have done whatever Upwork itself wants you to do to make Upwork look good to clients.This has nothing to do with your clients' experience working with you or your work's excellence past, present or future.

Does anyone know what other criteria that have nothing to do with actual project performance for clients will affect a freelancers' JSS? And if this is true, what and for whom exactly is the JSS supposed to be useful?

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
92 of 5,250

Waqas and Will,

How quickly you reply to invites does contribute to your Response time but it doesn't affect your Job Success score. Of course how you communicate with the client can influence feedback the client gives you once the contract is closed. That said, only outcomes of actual contracts are included in your JSS.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
93 of 5,250

Is there an effect on a freelancer's JSS if (s)he doesn't respond at all to unsolicited client invitations to bid on new projects?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
94 of 5,250

@Will L wrote:

Is there an effect on a freelancer's JSS if (s)he doesn't respond at all to unsolicited client invitations to bid on new projects?

Not on the JSS, but on your responsiveness score

Highlighted
Community Guru
95 of 5,250

Since no actual client or potential future client of mine can see my responsive score and it has no effect on my JSS, is there any reason I should care what that score is?

I receive a lot of invitations that are very low budget or not really related to my skills or interests. I'd just as soon not bother responding to them.

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
96 of 5,250

Will, your Response Time shows on your profile:

Screenshot_6.png

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
97 of 5,250

Hi Md Tanvir,

While we can't share any information about the feedback you received and the impact specific contracts have on your score, I can confirm your score is calculated correctly. Please check this Help article for more information.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Yeasir A Member Since: May 16, 2017
98 of 5,250
Highlighted
Alex S Member Since: Jul 25, 2017
99 of 5,250

To date, I've only received 5 star ratings for my work.  Up until a few days ago, my job success rating was 100%

About a week ago, I accepted an hourly job.  Right after hire, I checked again and my job success rating fell to 94%

Can someone explain to me: how does this make ANY sense?  Why do you guys punish freelancers for accepting hourly work?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Reinier B Member Since: Nov 3, 2015
100 of 5,250

@Alex S wrote:

To date, I've only received 5 star ratings for my work.  Up until a few days ago, my job success rating was 100%

About a week ago, I accepted an hourly job.  Right after hire, I checked again and my job success rating fell to 94%

Can someone explain to me: how does this make ANY sense?  Why do you guys punish freelancers for accepting hourly work?

You are not being punished for anything.

The most likely explanation is that a less than stellar private feedback featured in the latest JSS update, and the fact that you accepted an hourly job at about the same time is just a coincidence. Private feedback can be a kiiler, but since your profile is not viewable, nobody can tell you what really happened.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS