Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSS

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
MS. Joy D Member Since: Aug 16, 2015
1151 of 4,142

Your graphic explanation above has really baffled me to be sincere.  Months ago while i was top-rated in February 2018...The top rated weeks slided quickly from 13 weeks to 0 weeks in real time when my JSS fell from 95% to 89%.

Today, am told that is also normal to be stucked at 6 out of 16 weeks for 3 weeks until when soars to 90% + again. 

Hmm...

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
1152 of 4,142

@MS. Joy D wrote:

Your graphic explanation above has really baffled me to be sincere.

Sorry, I can't think of an even simpler way to explain the concept of a rolling window with non eligible weeks working their way through it.

@MS. Joy D wrote:

Your graphic explanation above has really baffled me to be sincere.  Months ago while i was top-rated in February 2018...The top rated weeks slided quickly from 13 weeks to 0 weeks in real time when my JSS fell from 95% to 89%.

Today, am told that is also normal to be stucked at 6 out of 16 weeks for 3 weeks until when soars to 90% + again.

That is because you had 13 eligible weeks and kept adding non eligible weeks one after the other so every non eligible week replaced an eligible week. That's why.  At the moment every non-eligible week replaces another non-eligible week because you have non-eligible weeks on both sides of that 6 weeks where your JSS was above 90%.

@MS. Joy D wrote:

That is not what I was saying. It will stay at 6 out of 16 weeks until either you get to above 90% (in which case it will go up)

or

the first of the 6  eligible weeks falls out of the 16 weeks window (in which case it'll go down)

It seems the concept of a 16 week rolling window is just not getting through.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Baris A Member Since: Mar 15, 2017
1153 of 4,142

@MS. Joy D wrote:

Please read thoroughly.

I am supposed to have 3 of 16 weeks and not 6 of 16 weeks to trust these calculations any further.

Hopefully i summarized it better this time.

It slides...

eli.gif

Highlighted
Qalb H Member Since: Oct 14, 2018
1154 of 4,142

Hi, I've been working on upwork for the past 5 months and completed several jobs.  Due to which my JSS goes to 84%. After that, i completed 3 more jobs with positive reviews, and recently on March 3 when my JSS recalculated again my JSS doesn't increase. It is still 84%.

Is this normal here on upwork?

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Qalb

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
1155 of 4,142

@Petra R,

In my case. 100% to 78% is definitely abnormal like it happened several months ago.

I also haven't experienced the importance of JSS yet since my invitations are consistently low budget projects.

Anyways...I don't have the time to argue so I'll set my profile to unavailable until it's reviewed and resolved.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Mark T Member Since: Nov 4, 2017
1156 of 4,142

Hello and Good Day,

I have five jobs that received 5-star rating, earning a total of almost $1,500.

And one job where I received 4 star rating that only earned $50.

And yet, my current Job Success Score is only 93%.

Could anyone explain to me how it's calculated?  I feel that it's a bit too low and might be affecting my marketability.

Thanks and Regards,

Mark

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
1157 of 4,142
@Mark T wrote:

I have five jobs that received 5-star rating, earning a total of almost $1,500.

And one job where I received 4 star rating that only earned $50.

And yet, my current Job Success Score is only 93%.

Could anyone explain to me how it's calculated?  I feel that it's a bit too low and might be affecting my marketability.

You got poor private feedback on one of your jobs. What is your "private Job Success Score" (The "Clients who would recommend you" percentage on your My Stats Page?)

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
1158 of 4,142

This JSS iish is annoying as the invitations.

I haven't had any any negative feedback since MAY 2018 and my stats from five weeks till today reads   {Clients who would recommend you: 56%
Long-term clients: 22%}

How about that?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
1159 of 4,142

@MS. Joy D wrote:

This JSS iish is annoying as the invitations.

I haven't had any any negative feedback since MAY 2018 and my stats from five weeks till today reads   {Clients who would recommend you: 56%
Long-term clients: 22%}

How about that?

Your client who would recommend you metric (private feedback) is a really low number, so that is the reason for your drop right there. 

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
1160 of 4,142

Weird. My stats today did not change since the last reviews...Only the JSS did.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS