Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSS

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
1161 of 5,600

@Md Maskorul A wrote:

Hello, I don't know why my job Scores have been reduced. I have 100% 5* rating. Please check my profile.

Any jobs that either

a) Have been open for a loooong time without any money ever having been paid on them

or

b) closed with no payment or were fully refunded?

Highlighted
Masdukorul A Member Since: Feb 17, 2018
1162 of 5,600

Actually, ma'am, I am a new freelancer.  I do not have any long jobs. And I refunded 30$ job a few days ago.

Highlighted
Community Guru
1163 of 5,600

@Md Maskorul A wrote:

Actually, ma'am, I am a new freelancer.  I do not have any long jobs. And I refunded 30$ job a few days ago.

Why?

Chances are the drop in your JSS is connected to that refund.

Either because the client left poor private feedback

OR

because the refund created a "Nothing paid & no feedback" contract.

Highlighted
Masdukorul A Member Since: Feb 17, 2018
1164 of 5,600

I did not receive any money from that job. Is there any chance to upgrade JSS. Please help me, ma'am.

Highlighted
Community Guru
1165 of 5,600

@Md Maskorul A wrote:

I did not receive any money from that job. Is there any chance to upgrade JSS

Yes, and that is exactly the main problem. Contracts that end without any payment and without (or with poor) feedback will always significantly hurt your JSS.

There is nothing you can do other than work hard on future contracts to improve your JSS again.

@Muhammad W wrote:

Hi Upwork,
I have a query. I have completed 4 jobs so far with 200+$. I have noticed that 50% Job Success has appeared on my profile. I don't know why this happened to me. I have completed the 4 jobs with 5.0, 4.85, 4.60, and 4.20 stars respectively

That probably means you got poor private feedback.

Highlighted
Neil H Member Since: Jan 30, 2017
1166 of 5,600

I recently had a 100% going on then an update knocked me down to 79%. That seems drastic and unreal. I nticed about 3 jobs showing paused and I had the clients end the contracts. Still reads. My feedback has been topnotch, yet a few jobs have no feedback. You can't make a client leave feedback. So why still showing 79 after a 100? Seems extreme. So now new clients see the score and don't even respond to proposals. Upwork (I hope not) doesn't keep clients from seeing our proposals do they because the jss score reads low?

Highlighted
Community Guru
1167 of 5,600

@Neil H wrote:

I recently had a 100% going on then an update knocked me down to 79%. That seems drastic and unreal. I nticed about 3 jobs showing paused and I had the clients end the contracts. Still reads. My feedback has been topnotch,

No it's not all been top notch. You had some not so top notch feedback recently and the private feedback that went with that probably wasn't overly thrilling either. What does your "Clients who would recommend" percentage say? That is (essentially) your private feedback percentage over the lifetime of your profile, whereas JSS is the best of three different windows. That means depending on your calculation window, everything before August 2016, August 2017 or February 2018 may be falling out of the window, which is a rolling one. So if two great outcomes fall out of the window and you add two great outcomes, nothing changes in the overall scheme of things.

At any rate, The JSS is updated every 2 weeks, the next JSS  Update is on the second of September

Highlighted
Neil H Member Since: Jan 30, 2017
1168 of 5,600
Okay I get it. So what I see from people may not always be what they're telling you all? They can tell me I'm doing good but some of them may be saying not so good to you? okay I get it so my question is do you think I'm wasting my time Or is there still hope and getting it back up?
Highlighted
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
1169 of 5,600

at least you have fun clients... I hope the guy got his girlfriend back.... 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
1170 of 5,600

@Neil H wrote:
Okay I get it. So what I see from people may not always be what they're telling you all? They can tell me I'm doing good but some of them may be saying not so good to you? okay I get it so my question is do you think I'm wasting my time Or is there still hope and getting it back up?

Yes, clients will put one thing publicly and another privately. We have to live with that. 

You are not wasting your time. You have a good track record (despite the drop). Apply for and accept a few short in-out gigs to build up your street cred again. It is not impossible to climb the ladder again. 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS