Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSS

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
1201 of 2,989

@Manoj Kumar N wrote:

Now my JSS is 95%. If any work did not get in a month. is it affect the JSS?

No, a month won't make a difference to your JSS at this stage.

Ace Contributor
Muhammad R Member Since: Nov 17, 2018
1202 of 2,989

I was working for Client on hourly term and completed the work on time and client released the amount. He said he will give some other tasks to complete and he did not end that contract. 

So after waiting and messaging client for one month i ended the contract but i am new to upwork and i have a poor jss.  

Can someone help me to improve my jss? 

Community Guru
1203 of 2,989

@Muhammad R wrote:

I was working for Client on hourly term and completed the work on time and client released the amount. He said he will give some other tasks to complete and he did not end that contract. 

So after waiting and messaging client for one month i ended the contract but i am new to upwork and i have a poor jss. 

That contract has nothing to do with your JSS. It had no effect, good or bad, at all. The poor feedback you got (public / private) is why you have a low JSS.

Mike A Member Since: Dec 9, 2018
1204 of 2,989
Hello everyone, I noticed for morethan 2 months now that my job success remained thesame. The last time my job success changed was in September, although I have not gotten any new job since then, but I have successfully kept a job going. I have had a regular job since June 2018, and I think that will count when calculating job success. My job success has remained 86% for more than 2 months, and I was hoping it could rise to 90%, as most job post this days requires freelancers with at least 90% job success. Upwork please increase my job success!!!
Community Guru
1205 of 2,989

@Mike A wrote:
Hello everyone, I noticed for morethan 2 months now that my job success remained thesame.

you haven't completed a single job since July.

@Mike A wrote:
 Upwork please increase my job success!!!

That's not how it works... It'll likely go down before it goes up unless you get some successfully completed contracts under your belt as soon there won't be enough completed contracts in your 6 month window to calculate a JSS so it will default to your 1 year window which is worse.

1206 of 2,989
I have one regular since July, and the fact that I have successfully maintained this job, should count for something.
Community Guru
1207 of 2,989

@Mike A wrote:
I have one regular since July, and the fact that I have successfully maintained this job, should count for something.

Oh it does. It brings you money every week. Money counts. Long term contracts help your JSS, so the JSS you have is already including any positive effects from any long term active contracts.

1208 of 2,989
It was increasing gradually from July, it then stopped at 86% in September. Since September, I have not had any change in the job success score
Community Guru
1209 of 2,989

@Mike A wrote:
It was increasing gradually from July, it then stopped at 86% in September. Since September, I have not had any change in the job success score

you haven't had a single completed job since July.  It was going up some because bad outcomes fell out of your calculation window.

It will fall again when good outcomes fall out of the calculation window and / or when there aren't enough in the 6 month window to calculate a JSS from.

That's when it will calculate on the 1 year window which has all the poor outcomes that made your JSS so low in the first place.

Ameen E Member Since: Mar 13, 2018
1210 of 2,989

Hello,

My JSS was 82% and I completed two jobs with 5 starts in public and private too, with feedback and have one open job in progress, after the last update 8-Dec my score still the same but, I think it should increase anyone can help, please.

Thanks.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS