cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSS

Community Guru
Federico D Member Since: Sep 21, 2015
1491 of 1,668

Your 2016 jobs have fallen out of your calculation window and many of them were 5-star. Did you use your perk to remove the rating that was below a 3-star from your JSS calculation? (Or did you not have the opportunity to do so?)

I thought I removed that one or maybe I missed it but now it is out of the calculation

Community Leader
Kristo H Member Since: May 6, 2017
1492 of 1,668

Dont't be worry, as freelancing and the cyberspace can be harmful not only for the health of freelancers but also for the clients and the management of the corporation. It may not even be far fetched idea, that the very global cyberspace will cause some crazy effects in the minds of people who run or own such businesses -- after all, that has happened before, so one could perhaps give a rating, if not a Success score of 50% for that: who knows.

Community Guru
Melanie H Member Since: Nov 2, 2017
1493 of 1,668

Kristo H wrote:

Dont't be worry, as freelancing and the cyberspace can be harmful not only for the health of freelancers but also for the clients and the management of the corporation. It may not even be far fetched idea, that the very global cyberspace will cause some crazy effects in the minds of people who run or own such businesses -- after all, that has happened before, so one could perhaps give a rating, if not a Success score of 50% for that: who knows.

This would make an interesting basis for a book... (wheels turning) Even if this were the case, everybody's mind would be wacko-d out since it's not only Upwork freelancers and clients who are on the internet all the time. Smiley Very Happy

The face of business is changing. I may be turning into a cyber-zombie due to some strange underhanded plot but you know what? I'm doing it from home, in my underwear. Rewind things 30 years and try that. There were ways to make money in various forms of undress but this one is preferable. Bonus: nobody comes in and cuffs you and drags you away for making money on Upwork. (As far as I know.)

I'm still thinking about that book...hmm....

Community Guru
Phyllis G Member Since: Sep 8, 2016
1494 of 1,668
Melanie H wrote:

Kristo H wrote:

This would make an interesting basis for a book... (wheels turning) Even if this were the case, everybody's mind would be wacko-d out since it's not only Upwork freelancers and clients who are on the internet all the time. Smiley Very Happy

The face of business is changing. I may be turning into a cyber-zombie due to some strange underhanded plot but you know what? I'm doing it from home, in my underwear. Rewind things 30 years and try that. There were ways to make money in various forms of undress but this one is preferable. Bonus: nobody comes in and cuffs you and drags you away for making money on Upwork. (As far as I know.)

I'm still thinking about that book...hmm....

Twenty-five years ago we were wearing pantyhose and neckties to work. Having firedrills getting multiple copies of presentations and reports printed and bound in time to make the last FedEx pickup.  Traipsing through airports in heels, schlepping what we thought were portable laptops. Struggling with temperamental fax machines and printers in hotel business centers. I'll take my chances with cyber-whatever, thank you very much!

Abdul R Member Since: Sep 28, 2017
1495 of 1,668

My jss did not change although I have seen there are the lot of update dates like 9Jan, 10jan, even last 20jan updated I did not get any jss to improve. Since after the last jss updated I have completed 2 jobs successfully. what is the main reason?

Community Guru
1496 of 1,668

My view about the job success score today is that you get a high score primarily as a result of clients being happy that you worked a lot for little money. The work quality comes into the equation because you made an extra efffort but not with extra pay.

Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
1497 of 1,668

Federico D wrote:

My view about the job success score today is that you get a high score primarily as a result of clients being happy that you worked a lot for little money. The work quality comes into the equation because you made an extra efffort but not with extra pay.

In any consumer situation, the factors that the consumer most values are the ones that they will use to judge your performance. So, if a consumer selected a product based on it's low-price, they are going to be very price-sensitive--they will want to always feel like they got a bargain. A different consumer may purchase for prestige. If the product (fancy car, expensive shoes) that consumer buys, doesn't get them the attention they want, they will be disappointed and move to another product that does. 

I have had the best success on Upwork choosing clients who value service and problem-solving. These consumers are willing to pay a reasonable fee in exchange for the comfort of knowing that the problem they came to a freelancer to solve will be taken care of.  Choose your consumer, choose your metrics. 

Community Guru
1498 of 1,668

Tonya P wrote:

Federico D wrote:

In any consumer situation, the factors that the consumer most values are the ones that they will use to judge your performance. So, if a consumer selected a product based on it's low-price, they are going to be very price-sensitive--they will want to always feel like they got a bargain. A different consumer may purchase for prestige. If the product (fancy car, expensive shoes) that consumer buys, doesn't get them the attention they want, they will be disappointed and move to another product that does. 

I have had the best success on Upwork choosing clients who value service and problem-solving. These consumers are willing to pay a reasonable fee in exchange for the comfort of knowing that the problem they came to a freelancer to solve will be taken care of.  Choose your consumer, choose your metrics. 

I suspect you are accommodating yourself to the demands by clients of more work for the same money because, unless they are clients you have worked for before, it is impossible to know what all new clients are really like until you are already working on the job. The difference wih me is that I get to the point where I have to put a stop to their demands when the client turns out to be dodgy.

I get relatively few jobs because I refuse to lower my profession or self to the level of the cheap providers and even when I think I have found a client that sees the value of a good job for the right money, some turn out to be bad clients.

I have also worked out another thing: it is better for me to go for a whole month with no work and then have some good jobs the following month, than working all hours of the day and week-ends for little money to make a living and keep a high job score.

Without exaggerating, I get only one really good job per year from Upwork. Others are just to get some money and feed the portfolio of work.

Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
1499 of 1,668

😂 Yeah, no. I don't do "demands." 

Kishan M Member Since: Sep 5, 2016
1500 of 1,668

Hello everyone,

I am a freelancer on upwork. I got 100% success score on 24 dec 2018. After some time it gone from my profile but visible again after one and show 100% again in profile.

After two day on 10 Jan 2018 it change to 92%. That day we close one contract and I got 5 star rating and good feedback from client. So I didn’t understand why this change to 100 to 92.

In my profile I have one contract which closed without feedback because that client not responding long time and I close that contract from my side. But that contract I close in October and I got 100% rating in December. So I believe that should not affect on this.

Recently we close one more contract with good feedback and score change to 93%, but I belive it should be 100%. I delivery client expatation very well and always get good feedback.

How can I know why my score goes down or Is there possibility to check my job success score history.

Thank you

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS