Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSS

Flavio B Member Since: Jun 29, 2018
1961 of 2,312

Thanks for your quick reply.

I hope JSS doesn't hurt me.

Actually, my JSS is set as 77% now and many jobs requires 90% + JSS.

So I am difficult to bid to any jobs.

I wish solve this problme soon and upgrade JSS correctly.

How can I do?

If I want to contact upwork team, How can I don?

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
1962 of 2,312

Flavio B wrote:

Actually, my JSS is set as 77% now and many jobs requires 90% + JSS.

So I am difficult to bid to any jobs.

**NO** job "requires" 90%+ - not a single one. It is a preference and you can apply to jobs that have that preference.

Flavio B wrote:
I wish solve this problme soon and upgrade JSS correctly.

There is no evidence that your JSS is not calculated correctly. It is an automated system and the same for everyone.  Just because you don't like the JSS the system calculated from your job outcomes does not mean it is not calculated corrected.

Flavio B wrote:

How can I do?

If I want to contact upwork team, How can I don?

There is absolutely no point "contacting the Upwork team" - they will tell you the same thing. The only thing you can do is try and improve your JSS by doing a great job on your future contracts.

You also need to fix your claimed English language proficiency level: When someone hires you expecting "native level English skills" that can not end well because the client will see within minutes that they were misled. Don't mislead clients, it WILL backfire and it looks like it already has.

Ace Contributor
Naina C Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
1963 of 2,312

OK thanks for your help. I will end the contract where money was paid. Thank you again.

Community Leader
Kristo H Member Since: May 6, 2017
1964 of 2,312

What you write sounds so unfortunate, yet something that has been reported here on these forums quite a lot. Wish you best luck with that — seems like some contracts are like gambling, you never know how much they might hurt. You can try to minimize risks, but in the end, everyone has to take a hit or two every now and then. Indeed, being an entrepreneur, that is a freelancer, includes by definition decent capacity to absorb a decent degree and rate of indecency.

The bright side is, loosely quoting a famous song, anything which isn't fatal makes you stronger. Good businesses must stay reslient even on the face of global and largely unpredictable automated "ratings", bots and complaints.

This may not much alleviate your pain, but let me share you one experience from real life. One client of mine started to behave strangely somewhere mid-contract. Suddenly he wrote in the chat "I died", before that "My computer crashed". The latter was easier to verify and more realistic, yet the former perhaps was just an indication of the client being a robot or just joking. How did that end up, that I barely can remember, but of course, any ratings must have largely ignored such humorous comments and sarcasm.

Once upon a time, in real life, there have even been job postings that define that one of the job requirements is "good sense of humour". Now, leaving aside some specific professions where that indeed is relevant character, for most part, one might just want to toss those proposals away for the sake of risk management, if not something else.

Have a good day dear freelancers!

Flavio B Member Since: Jun 29, 2018
1965 of 2,312

Hello, everyone.

Thanks for your time to read my post.

Recently, I have one issue in my JSS.

I received not so good feedback score - 4.6 from my clinet.

The reason is long story and I don't like to explain about that.

But I am just wondering why my JSS is down from 100% to 77% rapidly.
I have completed 6 jobs and 5 of them are 5 score.

Only one is 4.6.
I read the JSS calculation guid on upwork.com and I think my JSS updated 90% above at least.
Please explain about this issue and let me know solution upgrading way.

Thanks again

Ace Contributor
Atif S Member Since: Oct 26, 2018
1966 of 2,312

How Much Private JSS Effect your Success Score ? If some one Give you 5 Star Ratings & Give Prive JSS 10/5 . Which one is Preffered While Making my Success Score ?

Community Guru
Mr M Member Since: Apr 27, 2013
1967 of 2,312

I have heared from a few that if prvt feedback is less than 8 then you are in danger. Dont know that its correct or no because no one actually knows that how many points they got in Prvt from a client.... Which is a big problem ....Which is how can a freelancer improve ????

"One thing I know, that I know nothing. This is the source of my wisdom"
Stellamaris S Member Since: May 17, 2018
1968 of 2,312
  • Dear Vladimir, 

I hope you are having a good week and a great Wednesday.  I have a similar problem. My job success score says it was updated on March 3 (last update), but today is March 20 (it has been more than 2 weeks) and it has not been updated yet. I was wondering if I should wait for more time or if it is normal Smiley Happy I am just being curious

Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided, 

Huge hugs

Stellamaris 

Ace Contributor
Bev C Member Since: Jan 2, 2018
1969 of 2,312

Just noticed that I was last updated on March 3rd as well. What happened to March 17th update?

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
1970 of 2,312

Hi Stellamaris and Bev,

Our engineering team is aware of this and is working on resolving it as soon as possible.

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket with more details, thank you.

Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS