cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSS

Ashley M Member Since: Feb 20, 2019
2021 of 3,239
Appreciate the feedback. What's a good % to aim for?

Concerned at it dropping further without any detail as to what I am (or am not doing).

Am I able to post private feedback as a freelancer?
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
2022 of 3,239

Ashley M wrote:
Appreciate the feedback. What's a good % to aim for?

Concerned at it dropping further without any detail as to what I am (or am not doing).

Am I able to post private feedback as a freelancer?

100% is always good.

Yes, when the client ends the contract and leaves public and private feedback to you, you receive a notification to give feedback, and you are able to leave private as well as public feedback for the client.

Community Guru
Will L Member Since: Jul 9, 2015
2023 of 3,239

My "clients that would recommend you" number has been stuck at 85% for as long as I can remember.

And my JSS has also been well above the Maginot Line of 90% for a good, long time.

The JSS is intended to be inscrutable; it succeeds at being that. 

Evgeniy B Member Since: Oct 15, 2017
2024 of 3,239

Hello, on march 31 my profile updated, and I was very surpised because I lost 4% of JSS, I thoght maybe it is because I had 1 cotract whithout 5 month activity,I wrote to my client, and  he closed contract whtih 5 stars.In a cople days I made new job and contract was closed whith  5 stars feedback.But yesterday was JSS updated date, no any chandges, How this can be?Thank You!

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2025 of 3,239

Evgeniy B wrote:

Hello, on march 31 my profile updated, and I was very surpised because I lost 4% of JSS, I thoght maybe it is because I had 1 cotract whithout 5 month activity,

It had nothing to do with your long term contract, you will have had less than great private feedback on one of the jobs that ended between the 15th and the 31st of March. Unless you have a large percentage of idle contracts and provided they have something, at some point, paid on them, they don't hurt at all.

Evgeniy B wrote:

In a cople days I made new job and contract was closed whith  5 stars feedback.But yesterday was JSS updated date, no any chandges, How this can be?

The JSS is the best of your 6, 12 and 24 month calculation windows, and just as you add outcomes, outcomes also fall out of those windows. So anything that is more than 6 months old no longer counts towards your 6 month window, andthing that is more than 1 year old no longer counts into your 1 year window, and anything more than 2 year old does not count anymore at all in any way.

Also, it is a mathematical fact that one bad outcome will make your JSS fall further than several good outcomes make it rise (because that is simply how percentages work, or at least above 50% - below it is the opposite)

It's like a basket of apples. If you have 9 green apples, your green apple percentage is 100% - add a red apple, and your green apple percentage falls to 90%

You now need 10 more green apples to raise your green apple percentage to 95%

A. T. M N Member Since: May 26, 2018
2026 of 3,239
Greetings!
I am a new freelancer in Upwork and working in Upwork for about 10 months. Everything was going fine as a new freelancer and I am waiting for Top Rated Status (My Top Rated eligible weeks are 8 of 16). But My JSS score has been decreased to 80 from 100 dramatically this week. I did not end any contacts but a contact has been paused by client for reviewing the first submission. so, The client paused the contact temporarily and will back soon. The other 6 projects are running well.
I don't know what is the reasons for this unexpected score and I am upset about this matter. Can you please help me in this issue or what can I do?
Thanks!

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2027 of 3,239

A. T. M N wrote:

I don't know what is the reasons for this unexpected score and I am upset about this matter. Can you please help me in this issue or what can I do?

Are there any contracts that either: 1) Have been closed with no money ever paid under them? or 2) were fully refunded or 3) have been open for 2-3 months and never had anything paid under them?

A paused contract with money paid does not hurt.

Also, what is your private feedback percentage? (Clients who would recommend you %age on your My Stats page?)

Also, you may not have enough contracts in your 6 month window to calculate a JSS from anymore, so your JSS defaults to the 12 month window.

A. T. M N Member Since: May 26, 2018
2028 of 3,239

Hi petra!

yes, I understood . I ended one contact with no money and refunded at the beginning of this program. I did not understand then. Thanks!

Sourav L Member Since: Dec 22, 2018
2029 of 3,239

Hi All,

I was just viewing my profile and saw my JSS to be 95%. Few days back I was having 100% score with Top Rated badge. Though I still retain my Top Rated Badge but my JSS dropped by 5%. I have all completed task with 5 star rating.

I just needed to know what would have caused this sudden drop. Below are my doubts :

1. Is it about Private Feedback. If yes then is there a way I can retain my 100% back or know which contract/task caused it?

2. Any open fixed contract [ completed from both client&my side but client hasn't closed it but proposed amount is transfered to me ]

3. Any open hourly contract [ completed from both client&my side but client hasn't closed it but amount is transfered to me as per hour I devoted]

4. Ongoing hourly task [ present client might have given a review ]

5. Adding manual time to work diary [ approved by client ]

6. Not replying/action taken to invitation to interview proposals. [ Accept/Decilne ]

Thanks for taking out time to help me. The help I get will help me follow correct steps to keep myself on the top of the score

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
2030 of 3,239

Sourav L wrote:

Hi All,

I was just viewing my profile and saw my JSS to be 95%. Few days back I was having 100% score with Top Rated badge. Though I still retain my Top Rated Badge but my JSS dropped by 5%. I have all completed task with 5 star rating.

I just needed to know what would have caused this sudden drop. Below are my doubts :

1. Is it about Private Feedback. If yes then is there a way I can retain my 100% back or know which contract/task caused it? No way to know which contract caused it, this is intentional. To get back to 100% you have to provide excellent work every time. 

2. Any open fixed contract [ completed from both client&my side but client hasn't closed it but proposed amount is transfered to me ] - no

3. Any open hourly contract [ completed from both client&my side but client hasn't closed it but amount is transfered to me as per hour I devoted] no 

4. Ongoing hourly task [ present client might have given a review ] no

5. Adding manual time to work diary [ approved by client ] no 

6. Not replying/action taken to invitation to interview proposals. [ Accept/Decilne ] no

Thanks for taking out time to help me. The help I get will help me follow correct steps to keep myself on the top of the score

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS