cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

JSS

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Syed Ebad H Member Since: Jan 14, 2019
2091 of 4,831
Hi Salman,
You don't need to end contract at this time. You should wait your client response. Ending contract from your side will not make any effect on your JSS.
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Naina C Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2092 of 4,831

Yes Petra, I have opened 4,5 fixed contract. But I did not get any response from my clients from the last few months. For fixed prices, I always message to the client's no one even responds to me. 

 

I already discussed this thing with you.

 

Here was my question at that time: One of my clients stops the work from the last 5 months. He did not give any response. I messaged him so many times. He does not even pause the project. I want to know is this harm my profile? 

 

Your Answer: "Just end it. Provided money was paid on the contract and you don't have a significant percentage of such contracts, it has no effect on your JSS open or closed."

 

I always worried that If I end the contract by my side then I can be in trouble. Like my Score is less every time. Please give me the best solution what should I do for mow to improve this JSS. Thank you

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2093 of 4,831

Naina C wrote:

 

I always worried that If I end the contract by my side then I can be in trouble. Like my Score is less every time. Please give me the best solution what should I do for mow to improve this JSS. Thank you


You need to stop worrying. Your JSS is excellent. You also need to start cleaning up your inactive contracts a bit - one at a time in between successfully closed contracts. Don't let them pile up so much.


Ending a contract where money was paid does not hurt your JSS, as long as you don't have too many or a pattern (a load at once).

 

What does hurt the JSS is contracts with poor public / private feedback and contracts that either close with nothing (ever) earned on them and no or poor private feedback, or are open for months with nothing ever earned on them.

Highlighted
Active Member
Flavio B Member Since: Jun 29, 2018
2094 of 4,831

Thanks for your quick reply.

 

I hope JSS doesn't hurt me.

Actually, my JSS is set as 77% now and many jobs requires 90% + JSS.

So I am difficult to bid to any jobs.

I wish solve this problme soon and upgrade JSS correctly.

 

How can I do?

If I want to contact upwork team, How can I don?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2095 of 4,831

Flavio B wrote:

 

Actually, my JSS is set as 77% now and many jobs requires 90% + JSS.

So I am difficult to bid to any jobs.


**NO** job "requires" 90%+ - not a single one. It is a preference and you can apply to jobs that have that preference.

 


Flavio B wrote:
I wish solve this problme soon and upgrade JSS correctly.

There is no evidence that your JSS is not calculated correctly. It is an automated system and the same for everyone.  Just because you don't like the JSS the system calculated from your job outcomes does not mean it is not calculated corrected.

 


Flavio B wrote:

 

How can I do?

If I want to contact upwork team, How can I don?


There is absolutely no point "contacting the Upwork team" - they will tell you the same thing. The only thing you can do is try and improve your JSS by doing a great job on your future contracts.

 

You also need to fix your claimed English language proficiency level: When someone hires you expecting "native level English skills" that can not end well because the client will see within minutes that they were misled. Don't mislead clients, it WILL backfire and it looks like it already has.

 

 

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Naina C Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2096 of 4,831

OK thanks for your help. I will end the contract where money was paid. Thank you again.

Highlighted
Community Leader
Kristo H Member Since: May 6, 2017
2097 of 4,831

What you write sounds so unfortunate, yet something that has been reported here on these forums quite a lot. Wish you best luck with that — seems like some contracts are like gambling, you never know how much they might hurt. You can try to minimize risks, but in the end, everyone has to take a hit or two every now and then. Indeed, being an entrepreneur, that is a freelancer, includes by definition decent capacity to absorb a decent degree and rate of indecency.

 

The bright side is, loosely quoting a famous song, anything which isn't fatal makes you stronger. Good businesses must stay reslient even on the face of global and largely unpredictable automated "ratings", bots and complaints.

 

This may not much alleviate your pain, but let me share you one experience from real life. One client of mine started to behave strangely somewhere mid-contract. Suddenly he wrote in the chat "I died", before that "My computer crashed". The latter was easier to verify and more realistic, yet the former perhaps was just an indication of the client being a robot or just joking. How did that end up, that I barely can remember, but of course, any ratings must have largely ignored such humorous comments and sarcasm.

 

Once upon a time, in real life, there have even been job postings that define that one of the job requirements is "good sense of humour". Now, leaving aside some specific professions where that indeed is relevant character, for most part, one might just want to toss those proposals away for the sake of risk management, if not something else.

 

Have a good day dear freelancers!

Highlighted
Active Member
Alexander S Member Since: Aug 28, 2018
2098 of 4,831

Hello!
I need advice from experienced freelancers, maybe someone was in a similar situation.

 

The point is that I see no reason to work further on UPWORK.

 

I was waiting for JSS update.   And the rating is still terrible 63%.

 

I had 5 clients. The smallest contract did not give feedback. And one of the big ones gave me 3.5 stars(This guys has 4 stars).

The rest gave me 5 stars and gave good reviews.

 

I did my job well, everyone is happy with the exception of one client who was offended by the fact that I warned him that he burned his audience and his advertising companies were rolling down (which he admitted, by the way, two months after the contract break)

As a result,UPWORK  setting an unfairly low rating for me.

 

I do not understand how I can fix the situation.

I can not take new contracts with such JSS.

And I am afraid to bring my own clients to the UPWORK because it seems that system is not so clear and fair.

 

Is it fair to give 63% ?

So is there any possible way to review my JSS? Or it is the only way to close my account?

 

 

 

 

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Bukola O Member Since: Dec 23, 2016
2099 of 4,831

Hi Alexander,

My first JSS was 13% and I still got jobs with that. The only thing you can do is keep applying. Remember you miss 100% of the shots you don't take...

Highlighted
Community Guru
Phyllis G Member Since: Sep 8, 2016
2100 of 4,831

Alexander S wrote:

Hello!
I need advice from experienced freelancers, maybe someone was in a similar situation.

 

The point is that I see no reason to work further on UPWORK.

 

I was waiting for JSS update.   And the rating is still terrible 63%.

 

I had 5 clients. The smallest contract did not give feedback. And one of the big ones gave me 3.5 stars(This guys has 4 stars).

The rest gave me 5 stars and gave good reviews.

 

I did my job well, everyone is happy with the exception of one client who was offended by the fact that I warned him that he burned his audience and his advertising companies were rolling down (which he admitted, by the way, two months after the contract break)

As a result,UPWORK  setting an unfairly low rating for me.

 

I do not understand how I can fix the situation.

I can not take new contracts with such JSS.

And I am afraid to bring my own clients to the UPWORK because it seems that system is not so clear and fair.

 

Is it fair to give 63% ?

So is there any possible way to review my JSS? Or it is the only way to close my account?

 

 

 

 


Looking at your profile, I see 10 completed contracts. Of those, six have no feedback--that's more than a handful, proportionally, and is probably weighing against you. Two have 5.0, one is below 5 and one is below 4. It's safe to assume the private feedback on any of those four is lower than the public feedback.

 

The JSS system has flaws but unfairness is not one of them. It applies to all of us the same, across the board. There's no doubt it will be challenging to climb back from 63% but it is not impossible. At this point, it is critical for you to be very selective about the projects and the clients you work with. Try to only take on jobs that you know, without a doubt, you can deliver with unqualified success. And let clients close the contracts. Once work is completed and you've been paid, it's better to let the contract sit forever than close it yourself and wind up with no client feedback.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS