cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSS

Naveen Y Member Since: Apr 2, 2018
2231 of 2,310
I haven't undercut my rates , i got small contracts which took around a hour or 2 for me.

I got a hourly contract for long-term to work with the same client.

Community Guru
Christine A Member Since: May 4, 2016
2232 of 2,310

Petra R wrote:

wrote:
Hey Presta

My name is Petra. Like the city in Jordan.

Oh, I dunno - I like the name "Presta". Go ahead and post one of those "how do I change my profile name" questions in the forum.

Sonal S Member Since: Sep 10, 2015
2233 of 2,310

Hi Upwork,In recent past week i have done 3 project with 5 star rating but my job success ratio is less . How it possible ? please have a look in my profile Thanks in Advance

Ace Contributor
Viacheslav K Member Since: Sep 9, 2015
2234 of 2,310

I got -1% while there were no changes on any contracts. My friend experiences the drop too, while he didn't close any contracts for the last month.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2235 of 2,310

Viacheslav K wrote:

I got -1% while there were no changes on any contracts. My friend experiences the drop too, while he didn't close any contracts for the last month.

That usually means that good outcomes fell out of your calculation window without you adding any (no new good outcomes) - so the not so great outcome remaining in your calculation window weighs more heavily.

It can work the other way as well, when a poorer outcome falls out of your calculation window, your JSS goes up without anything.

Also, contracts which have been open for 2+months without anything ever (!) having been paid can affect your JSS.

Ace Contributor
Vinod M Member Since: Sep 27, 2017
2236 of 2,310

Hello,

From last one month, my JSS score has not increased where I had many contracts done successfully and received good feedback. A new connect change has introduced a few days ago so is that a reason for it? I don't think so but just checking if I am missing something which has changed recently. 

I know JSS is depended upon many factors but though I am observing a drastic change on my profile. Previously when I was completing a couple of projects successfully then JSS was increasing but now I have done many projects as well as currently working on many new projects still in the last update done on 23rd my JSS hasn't increased by a single number. 

Upwork officials can you please pay your attention to this problem as I think many freelancers might be observing this change.

Thanks,

Vinod

Florent L Member Since: May 29, 2019
2237 of 2,310

Hi all,

I am trying to identify the contract that's responsible for a 4-point drop of my JSS last weekend.

Some info on my recent activity:

- One single contract was closed within the 2-week window before the last JSS update, it was 3 days ago. Unless the client is very dishonest (he told me he was happy with my work), his private feedback should be positive.
- No contracts have fell off the 6-month window, I'm positive on that.
- I had a difficult relationship with a client about a month ago. He ended the contract on May 27th and left a 5 star public feedback. I asked him whether he was even satisfied with my work and he never responded.

I highly suspect this client to have left bad private feedback. The only thing that doesn't add up is the timing. Based on what I've read from comments here, a bad outcome should show in the JSS after a score update. In that case it should have been reflected on the Jun 9th update, but didn't.

Has any of you experienced such a delay?

Thanks for your help!

Basharat K Member Since: Aug 8, 2017
2238 of 2,310

I was a top-rated content writer on Upwork a few months ago, but all of a sudden things started changing. My JSS is now 83 despite I have happy clients and I have earned more than ever before on Upwork. What could be the reason why mu JSS is dropping? Why Upwork is making so difficult for me to grow?

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2239 of 2,310

Basharat K wrote:

I was a top-rated content writer on Upwork a few months ago, but all of a sudden things started changing. My JSS is now 83 despite I have happy clients and I have earned more than ever before on Upwork. What could be the reason why mu JSS is dropping? Why Upwork is making so difficult for me to grow?

poor feedback (public and /or private.)

Have a look at your "clients who would recommend you" percentage to see your private feedback percetage and will likely answer your question.

Youssef N Member Since: Jun 27, 2019
2240 of 2,310

My JSS was 88% and it was very frustrating for me because i did great in the job, so i left upwork for two weeks without any activity or even logging in,and today i wanted to take look what to do next in upwork i found that my JSS dropped to 75% without any new contracts or feedbacks after the last one which i got 88% how that can happen and how to get it back to 88% because as i mentioned thats not fair specially when i did nothing from that time

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS