cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

JSS

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Kendra C Member Since: Feb 18, 2019
2401 of 4,112

Thank you so much for your thoughtful response!

I definitly know what went wrong the the client that gave me the bad review, so at least there's that.

 

You're right, assessing your feedback from clients is a valuable tool.

 

Sometimes it's hard to remember that you are allowed to select your clients, just as they are allowed to select freelancers. I am still in the beginning phase of my freelance career, so saying no to a paying job when there aren't any others can be daunting.

 

My goal of course is to make every client want to give me five stars by being an excellent freelancer in each category, and I am still learning how to make that happen since every client is different. (for example I had one client who wanted to be very involved in the design process, and another that didn't want to have anything to do with it)

 

Thank you Melanie, I will take your advice to heart.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Melanie H Member Since: Nov 2, 2017
2402 of 4,112

Kendra C wrote:

Thank you so much for your thoughtful response!

I definitly know what went wrong the the client that gave me the bad review, so at least there's that.

 

You're right, assessing your feedback from clients is a valuable tool.

 

Sometimes it's hard to remember that you are allowed to select your clients, just as they are allowed to select freelancers. I am still in the beginning phase of my freelance career, so saying no to a paying job when there aren't any others can be daunting.

 

My goal of course is to make every client want to give me five stars by being an excellent freelancer in each category, and I am still learning how to make that happen since every client is different. (for example I had one client who wanted to be very involved in the design process, and another that didn't want to have anything to do with it)

 

Thank you Melanie, I will take your advice to heart.


You're so very welcome. Honestly I think you have a great future here. Hang in there!

Highlighted
Active Member
Peter M Member Since: Aug 4, 2019
2403 of 4,112

Hello Everyone. This is about a running and inactive contract (Milestone Approved, fully paid) that my client keeps ignoring. After the most recent recalculation and update (today), I realized that my JSS took a massive nosedive, and there having be no other reviews after the update preceding the newest one, I am inclined to believe that the open and inactive contract is to blame for this JSS drop. I don't quite understand why I have to be punished for a mistake that I am not responsible for, and one that I could not have prevented. I am however not here to debate policies and procedures, all I want is to get my client to respond and reactivate/end the contract in question. Please help me in any way you can. Thank you all.

Highlighted
Active Member
Olawale A Member Since: Oct 12, 2018
2404 of 4,112
You can not be very sure it was this specific job that drop your job success score, sometimes, good review can drop from your calculation thereby affecting your jss. Basically, in as much you dont have many jobs with no feedback, you are not supposed to be affected.

Also, if your July contract was ended within the last 2 weeks, that may be what's responsible for the drop in your jss
Highlighted
Active Member
John S Member Since: Jun 4, 2019
2405 of 4,112

I've had the same problem.  Clients leaving contracts open for months.  I had a client reduce the maximum hours to 1.  I think it's because they don't want to pay the new rate I changed to.  I closed both the contracts, yes you can do that.  Pain in the neck but what do you do.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2406 of 4,112

Peter M wrote:

Hello Everyone. This is about a running and inactive contract (Milestone Approved, fully paid) that my client keeps ignoring. After the most recent recalculation and update (today), I realized that my JSS took a massive nosedive,


Your JSS is not affected by that contract. Money was paid under it, so it has no effect even if it is left open. If it is irritating you, just close it.

 

Your JSS is 95% - so I am not sure where you see a "massive nosedive?"

Do you have any contracts that ended without payment or have started and sat there with nothing ever paid? Anything you fully refunded? What's your private feedback % like? (The "clients who would recommend" percentage on your My Stats page."

 

 

Highlighted
Active Member
Peter M Member Since: Aug 4, 2019
2407 of 4,112
Hello, and thanks for your reply. I have another hourly cotract that has
sat for slightly over two weeks without the first paymet/billing. The
client hired me and said she will send the project's instructions. Despite
following up, I have no instructions to work with, and the contract remains
open.
Highlighted
Active Member
MARIUS G Member Since: Nov 30, 2015
2408 of 4,112

My success score has not changed in 2 months!!! I am at 88%.I closed 5 jobs with 5 stars and 1 job I closed myself recently due to no activity? What is going on? Please don’t give me the usual "this is how it works” . During this time I only accepted one more job, and still on it. Nothing can explain this. Please update my score. Stop treating us freelancers like we are so expendable, or the best of us will move one.  Regards, Marius

Highlighted
Community Guru
Phyllis G Member Since: Sep 8, 2016
2409 of 4,112

MARIUS G wrote:

My success score has not changed in 2 months!!! I am at 88%.I closed 5 jobs with 5 stars and 1 job I closed myself recently due to no activity? What is going on? Please don’t give me the usual "this is how it works” . During this time I only accepted one more job, and still on it. Nothing can explain this. Please update my score. Stop treating us freelancers like we are so expendable, or the best of us will move one.  Regards, Marius


- How many jobs are in your 6, 12 and 24 month calculation windows? If you have a lot, then each new one weighs very little and will move the needle only slightly or maybe not at all.

- Have any highly rated jobs aged out of your window? That could neutralize the effect of new ones coming in.

- What is your 'clients who would recommend you' percentage? That is a more reliable indicator than your public star ratings.

 

We FLs are expendable, individually. From UW's perspective, "the best of us" are those who manage to prosper here, earning good money for ourselves and for UW. 

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Perry P Member Since: May 3, 2019
2410 of 4,112

Hello all,

 

I've been working here since late April, with a solid 5-star review history. Great feedback from clients, etc. I was very exceited to recieve the RT badge in June, with a 100% JSS. Recently (this week) as I've been applying for new contracts, I've noticed that I'm getting the dreaded "red exclamation point" next to both the Rising Talent and 80% JSS ratings.

 

I've recieved no negative reviews, or any ratings below 5-Stars.

 

Any ideas as to how this happens, and how I resolve it?

 

Thanks all!

 

~Chef Perry 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS