Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSS

Highlighted
Florent L Member Since: May 29, 2019
2411 of 5,584

Hi all,

I am trying to identify the contract that's responsible for a 4-point drop of my JSS last weekend.

Some info on my recent activity:

- One single contract was closed within the 2-week window before the last JSS update, it was 3 days ago. Unless the client is very dishonest (he told me he was happy with my work), his private feedback should be positive.
- No contracts have fell off the 6-month window, I'm positive on that.
- I had a difficult relationship with a client about a month ago. He ended the contract on May 27th and left a 5 star public feedback. I asked him whether he was even satisfied with my work and he never responded.

I highly suspect this client to have left bad private feedback. The only thing that doesn't add up is the timing. Based on what I've read from comments here, a bad outcome should show in the JSS after a score update. In that case it should have been reflected on the Jun 9th update, but didn't.

Has any of you experienced such a delay?

Thanks for your help!

Highlighted
Basharat K Member Since: Aug 8, 2017
2412 of 5,584

I was a top-rated content writer on Upwork a few months ago, but all of a sudden things started changing. My JSS is now 83 despite I have happy clients and I have earned more than ever before on Upwork. What could be the reason why mu JSS is dropping? Why Upwork is making so difficult for me to grow?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2413 of 5,584

Basharat K wrote:

I was a top-rated content writer on Upwork a few months ago, but all of a sudden things started changing. My JSS is now 83 despite I have happy clients and I have earned more than ever before on Upwork. What could be the reason why mu JSS is dropping? Why Upwork is making so difficult for me to grow?

poor feedback (public and /or private.)

Have a look at your "clients who would recommend you" percentage to see your private feedback percetage and will likely answer your question.

Highlighted
Vitaliy Z Member Since: Sep 14, 2016
2414 of 5,584

Hello, community!

Can someone tell me, what the reason that my JSS was reduced? Actually, I'm not did anything, no closed contracts, no feedbacks in that period. But my JSS was reduced from 96% to 95%. One thing that I did, it's set the unavailable status for 3 months, cause I have enough contracts for now, and I no need in new invitations, and I continue to work with a tracker every day. Is that can be a reason?

Thanks

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2415 of 5,584

re: "cause I have enough contracts for now, and I no need in new invitations, and I continue to work with a tracker every day. Is that can be a reason?"

No.

Working regularly, without applying to new jobs, can definitely NOT cause your JSS to be diminished.

But it is possible for the JSS to change over time without there being any major changes on your profile such as new feedback, due to the rolling time windows: 6 months, 12 months, 2 years.

Read: Job Success Score

Screen Shot 2019-06-27 at 4.25.28 AM.png

Highlighted
Vitaliy Z Member Since: Sep 14, 2016
2416 of 5,584

Thank you for your reply.

But I work less than 3 months in this mode. Maybe cause I have one contract which not paused? Last month we worked with the client but for now, they do not have a job for me. I should ask them to set the pause for contract or close it

Highlighted
Youssef N Member Since: Jun 27, 2019
2417 of 5,584

My JSS was 88% and it was very frustrating for me because i did great in the job, so i left upwork for two weeks without any activity or even logging in,and today i wanted to take look what to do next in upwork i found that my JSS dropped to 75% without any new contracts or feedbacks after the last one which i got 88% how that can happen and how to get it back to 88% because as i mentioned thats not fair specially when i did nothing from that time

Highlighted
Community Guru
2418 of 5,584

Youssef N wrote:

My JSS was 88% and it was very frustrating for me because i did great in the job, so i left upwork for two weeks without any activity or even logging in,and today i wanted to take look what to do next in upwork i found that my JSS dropped to 75% without any new contracts or feedbacks after the last one which i got 88% how that can happen and how to get it back to 88% because as i mentioned thats not fair specially when i did nothing from that time

You must have had more contracts than the 3 showing on your profile.

Are there any contracts which closed without any earnings? Either because nothing was paid or because all was refunded? Or any contract that has been open for over 2 months with nothing (ever) having been paid? 

Such contracts adversely affect your JSS and with so few contracts overall, each carries a significant weight.

Highlighted
Youssef N Member Since: Jun 27, 2019
2419 of 5,584

Yes, and it was before the JSS 88%, the day that i got 88% until 75% nothing happened on my profile i ddint even logged in 

Highlighted
Community Guru
2420 of 5,584

Youssef N wrote:

Yes, and it was before the JSS 88%, the day that i got 88% until 75% nothing happened on my profile i ddint even logged in 

It sometimes takes time for a contract to affect the JSS. So there were 2 "other" contracts, right? What happened?

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS