cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSS

Immanuel W Member Since: Aug 21, 2019
2421 of 2,989

Hello everyone.

I have some questions about my job success score.

Here are some questions about JSS:

- Ratio for each factors which affect to JSS such as private/public feedback.

- Formular which is used for calculating JSS.

- Is feedback rating is important for JSS?

- Does "good comment" increases JSS?

Although I read about jss in help guide and some blogs about it, I have some unclear things.

Also I wish you see my past activities in upwork and please tell me in details.

Thanks for reading.

Ace Contributor
Sarah C Member Since: May 12, 2019
2422 of 2,989
I know the algorithm is somewhat mysterious, but I'm just generally wondering about long term clients.

Long term clients help your JSS, somehow, right? Or is it only if you have closed contracts with them? Or consistently funded milestones?

For example, I had a client from april-august. Except, I did one milestone for them and then they ghosted me. I didn't immediately close the contract because I thought they might come back, and I didn't want the zero feedback to negatively affect me.

Of course, they randomly closed the contract last week, and left me bad feedback. Is that considered a "long term client"? More heavily weighted than my other contracts?

I have two other sporadic clients that throw me work occasionally, but I don't know if those count either.

I probably shouldn't even be bothering myself with it but I'm just tired of looking at a crap JSS. 😒

Marni A Member Since: Feb 6, 2018
2423 of 2,989

Hi, I took a hiatus from Upwork for about a year and a half due to several family deaths. I'm back on Upwork and my rating has dropped from 86% to 84% in 3 or 4 weeks despite no new jobs and therefore no bad ratings! Why is this happening and how does one reestablish oneself when one's rating is dropping and many jobs ask for at least 90%? I've applied to about a half dozen jobs with no response. Very concerning. Thanks.
PS I was previously Top Rated

Community Guru
Mark F Member Since: Jul 10, 2018
2424 of 2,989

Marni A wrote:

Hi, I took a hiatus from Upwork for about a year and a half due to several family deaths. I'm back on Upwork and my rating has dropped from 86% to 84% in 3 or 4 weeks despite no new jobs and therefore no bad ratings! Why is this happening and how does one reestablish oneself when one's rating is dropping and many jobs ask for at least 90%? I've applied to about a half dozen jobs with no response. Very concerning. Thanks.
PS I was previously Top Rated

It's because your JSS is your best score from the last 6 months, 12 months, or two years, whatever is the best.  You must have jobs that you had better results on dropping off because they are over two  years old.

The 90% is a preference, I would do my best not to worry about it.

2425 of 2,989

Thank you, Mark. I appreciate your taking the time to explain. However, it doesn't explain why my score never changed at all while I was off the platform for over a year till now? It's only dropped in the last 3-4 weeks.

Community Leader
Kate R Member Since: Dec 5, 2016
2426 of 2,989

Hi, I am sorry for your losses. Do you mention the factors behind your rating and the fact you are coming off a hiatus in your profile/proposals? I wonder if that would help ? 

2427 of 2,989

Thank you, Kate. Do you mean including the hiatus information in proposals I submit? Or to Upwork admin?

Joel S Member Since: Aug 2, 2016
2428 of 2,989

My JSS score has been at 90% for a couple of months, but it seems stuck at 8 weeks towards Top Rated status.  How come it doesn't seem to move?

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2429 of 2,989

Joel S wrote:

My JSS score has been at 90% for a couple of months, but it seems stuck at 8 weeks towards Top Rated status.  How come it doesn't seem to move?

Because you were below 90% for 8 weeks, and those 8 weeks need to work their way through the 16-week window. Once the non-eligible weeks start to fall out of the 16 week window, it will start to go up again.

Rana M Member Since: May 24, 2019
2430 of 2,989

Hi Everyone. 

I have completed 5 jobs with 5 stars in all. I cannot understand why my job success score is 75% only. 

I also want to know when will I get the "Rising Talent Badge"?

Thank you

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS