cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSS

Highlighted
Patricia C Member Since: Jan 6, 2019
2421 of 5,527

Hello everyone, I need some help identifying the reason as to why my Top Rated eligible weeks is stuck at 10 out of 16 for almost a month already. Despite having read the articles about how elegibility works, I'm still failing to understand the particular reason of my case. Private support didn't help since they sent me a few links to articles I had already read, so I decided to make a post instead.

As you can see in my profile, the only non-five star rating I ever got was a job that ended on March 20th, with a total rating of 4.35. I don't know if such rating counts as "bad", but it is the only thing I find on my profile that could make my JSS drop below 90%. Now, what I don't really understand is why, from the beggining of June, the counter is stuck at 10 weeks, if said job has ended 13 weeks ago already, and supposing it counts as one "bad week" only. Is it possible that I'm missing something? Did I forget to take other factors into account?

I read that sometimes clients leave negative private feedback and it will directly affect your JSS, but apart from the case I mentioned, I don't remember having any issue with my other clients for them to end up with a bad perception of my work of how things went during our contract. 

I admit I'm guilty of not having checked my JSS every week in the past, as I started working in a long-term project very early and I somehow neglected that for a while, but I don't remember it going below 100% in any case.

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you! 

Highlighted
Community Leader
Lester B Member Since: Sep 22, 2018
2422 of 5,527

Someone from this forum said I have low JSS, what does it mean?

Lately i' ve been trying real hard to get a job but seems like anyone doesn't like me... please tell me whats wrong this time though I had many experience with different clients still couldn't find... i did some revisions on my profille could you check it?

I also want to know if investing money for connects will be worth it... I did but still nothing..

Thanks for your answer...

Highlighted
Community Guru
Riri A Member Since: Jul 21, 2018
2423 of 5,527

Hi Lester,

Job Success Scores reflect a wide range of factors such as public and private feedback, long-term contracts, and repeat ones. You can monitor your Job Success Score on your My Stats page. Please see the following link for more info about what affects your score and what you can do to improve it.

While we won't be able to advice agencies and clients with how they select freelancers, you can definitely create a proposal and a profile that would make you stand out from everyone else. You may want to check out these articles from our Hiring Headquarters to help you create proposals that win jobs, and help you boost your career on Upwork:

8+ Tips to Help You Create a Profile That Stands Out

Upwork Profiles: Why a Great Title and Overview Can Make a Difference

A How-To Guide for Your Perfect Profile Picture

Get Your Profile to the Next Level with an Intro Video

4 Ways to Create a More Successful Portfolio Regardless of Your Skill Set

Let me know if you need anything else. 

~ Riri
Highlighted
Community Leader
Lester B Member Since: Sep 22, 2018
2424 of 5,527

Thanks for the tip ms Riri. I will try to read all references. It is so hard to get hired now since my jss is 63%, can't find a way to increase since i have no clients coming. invested money for connects yet yield none.

Highlighted
NAEEM U Member Since: Jun 19, 2018
2425 of 5,527

My JSS Stats are not updating since 5 months and in this period i have complete about 5 jobs
i am worried becaus now i am not getting new contracts 

Highlighted
Lidiya N Member Since: Sep 17, 2018
2426 of 5,527

My JSS score is 80%. I have 4 jobs rated 5*, and 1 job at 4.2*. This should even out to 97%, but it's 80%. I assume it's because one client did not leave feedback, so it's being counted as 0 stars. 

I understand that no feedback lowers my score but it's quite unfair as I work very hard on my jobs and to have something look like a zero star and tarnish my score is really disappointing. I have messages from that client that show they were really happy with the results, it's just they didn't leave feedback. Due to this I'm having a difficult time winning jobs, and it's going to take a long time to raise my score up to above 95. 

Is there any way to change this? 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2427 of 5,527

Lidiya N wrote:

My JSS score is 80%. I have 4 jobs rated 5*, and 1 job at 4.2*. This should even out to 97%, but it's 80%.

Well, it looks like one client's private feedback was such that the contract ended up counting as "unsuccessful" - So that would make 4 successful contracts and 1 unsuccessful one, 4 out of 5 is 80% and that is your JSS...

Lidiya N wrote:

I assume it's because one client did not leave feedback, so it's being counted as 0 stars. 

No. You were paid money, that contract has no effect at all.

Lidiya N wrote:

Nope, but because you have very few contracts it will not take that many good outcomes to get back to 90%.

Highlighted
2428 of 5,527

Petra R wrote:

Lidiya N wrote:

My JSS score is 80%. I have 4 jobs rated 5*, and 1 job at 4.2*. This should even out to 97%, but it's 80%.

Well, it looks like one client's private feedback was such that the contract ended up counting as "unsuccessful" - So that would make 4 successful contracts and 1 unsuccessful one, 4 out of 5 is 80% and that is your JSS...

Lidiya N wrote:

I assume it's because one client did not leave feedback, so it's being counted as 0 stars. 

No. You were paid money, that contract has no effect at all.

Lidiya N wrote:

Nope, but because you have very few contracts it will not take that many good outcomes to get back to 90%.

Thanks for your reply Smiley Happy 

Oh, I thought it would hav been the lack of feedback -- I haven't had any clients aside from those listed on my profile so I don't know who would have left something that counts as unsuccessful. 

The issue is I'm getting no jobs now because of this low score, despite me investing in connects and applying constantly. It's a flawed feedback system, sadly, and is really discouraging me from continuing here.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2429 of 5,527

Lidiya N wrote:

I haven't had any clients aside from those listed on my profile so I don't know who would have left something that counts as unsuccessful. 

Most likely the one with the 4.2

Lidiya N wrote:

The issue is I'm getting no jobs now because of this low score, despite me investing in connects and applying constantly.

Don't let discourage you, I have seen people come back from much worse very successfully.

Don't apply more, apply smartly with super proposals.

Highlighted
2430 of 5,527

Petra R wrote:

Lidiya N wrote:

I haven't had any clients aside from those listed on my profile so I don't know who would have left something that counts as unsuccessful. 

Most likely the one with the 4.2

Lidiya N wrote:

The issue is I'm getting no jobs now because of this low score, despite me investing in connects and applying constantly.

Don't let discourage you, I have seen people come back from much worse very successfully.

Don't apply more, apply smartly with super proposals.

It's what I've been trying, let's hope I win a job soon. Thanks for the encouragement Smiley Happy 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS