cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSS

Ace Contributor
Marilyn M Member Since: Apr 20, 2019
2561 of 3,028

Thank you, I don't see any bad feedback. It is so odd, but thank you so much for responding.

Best,

Marilyn M.

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
2562 of 3,028

Marilyn M wrote:

Thank you, I don't see any bad feedback. It is so odd, but thank you so much for responding.

Best,

Marilyn M.

As several others have explained, your public star ratings are pretty meaningless. Usually (though not always) a good rating accompanied by a personal, positive comment is paired with good private feedback. But, you have two recent 5-star feedbacks with no comments--there's no way to know whether those clients privately rated you a 10 or a 1.

Esraa A Member Since: Dec 7, 2016
2563 of 3,028

Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
2564 of 3,028

The JSS does not mirror your star-rating. If star ratings were the only influencer of JSS there would be no need for JSS. (See this link for further explanation.)

Also, the contracts included in your JSS calculation may change with the passage of time. There are three time-based calculation windows for determining your JSS. If you have a sufficient number of closed contracts within the calculation window that reflects your best score, this JSS will be displayed. 

If you do not have enough completed contracts within a particular window to calculate a JSS, your window will be expanded. This longer calculation period may include negative outcomes that were not represented in the shorter window. The result is that your JSS may drop even when you have closed no contracts or had only positive outcomes in the most recent 2-week period. If you have bad contract outcomes in your 12- or 24-month history, make sure you are landing new gigs and performing them well to keep the 6-month window as your JSS calculation period.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2565 of 3,028

Marilyn M wrote:

Hi nice experts.

I just noticed my rating went from 100% to 95% but am clueless as to why. I have perfect scores of 5 stars,

Unless you have any contracts that ended with nothing ever having been paid (closed or open for 2-3+ months) and if your JSS has just dropped, chances are you had less than enthusiastic private feedback on one contract, and it looks like there was only one that closed between the last update and this recent one on Sunday, which is the stenographer one with 5 stars and no comments (the comments do not have any effect on the JSS, but usually clients who give 5 stars despite not being totally happy leave no or lukewarm written feedback)

Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
2566 of 3,028

Adding to the private feedback advice. Upwork doesn't report your private feedback percentage following the close of every contract but instead updates this percentage periodically. This prevents freelancers from identifying the exact contract responsible for the overall percentage. So, if your clients who would recommend score (the private feedback) has dropped, don't assume that the most recent contract is responsible.

Also, I believe that your clients who would recommend score is based on the entirety of your Upwork career while your JSS looks back a maximum of 24-months. If I am correct, then your total CWWR score could be higher than the CWWR used to calculate your JSS. 

Ace Contributor
Marilyn M Member Since: Apr 20, 2019
2567 of 3,028

Thank you for your information and I understand.

Best,

Marilyn

Esraa A Member Since: Dec 7, 2016
2568 of 3,028

My success score drops every time Although every time I have accomplished a lot and I reach new progress what's the problem I want to find out exactly the problem that occurred with me until the success rate fell so much? I work very hard and put all my time and effort into work, but without any progress, I get great feedbacks and long-term work and hourly work and I reached more than $ 1200 What can I do more? I want to know the nature and cause of the problem that led me to this low level of success score!

Ace Contributor
Mehran V Member Since: Jan 22, 2019
2569 of 3,028

I have 2 questions:

1] Can delay in completing a project neatively effect JSS? Say if I work on a fixed-price contract with a deadline but the deadline keeps getting pushed back due to scope changes in the project and say instead of completing the project in 1 month (as originally planned) the job get's  succefully completed in 3 months instead. Could this delay per se negatively affect the JSS? 

2] My JSS has droped rather significantly during the past 5 weeks and based on my reseach it is entirely due to "Private Feedback" as I have had 5 star public reviews on all of my projects since joining Upwork so the only thing that could be responsible for this decline is private review(s). I read the article below and I am aware as to how private feedabck removal process works and I meet the necessary conditions to request feedback removal.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/219801228-Feedback-Removal

The problem is I am not sure exactly which client feedback to remove because all of my clients expressed that they were happy with my work and they all gave me a 5 star public reviews. I have some ideas on which client(s) might have rated me down in Private feedback but I'm not 100% sure. Is there any way to request that info from the Upwork admin team so they could tell me which client gave me the lowest private feedback and then request to have that particular feedback removed from the JSS calculation?

Otherwise, if I only use my intuition I might end up removing a postive private feedback (False Negative!!!) and that will result in dropping my JSS even lower than it already is .

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2570 of 3,028

Mehran V wrote:

1] Can delay in completing a project neatively effect JSS? Say if I work on a fixed-price contract with a deadline but the deadline keeps getting pushed back due to scope changes in the project and say instead of completing the project in 1 month (as originally planned) the job get's  succefully completed in 3 months instead. Could this delay per se negatively affect the JSS? 

1) No.

Mehran V wrote:

2]  Is there any way to request that info from the Upwork admin team so they could tell me which client gave me the lowest private feedback and then request to have that particular feedback removed from the JSS calculation?

2) No

Mehran V wrote:

Otherwise, if I only use my intuition I might end up removing a postive private feedback (False Negative!!!) and that will result in dropping my JSS even lower than it already is .

That would not happen, they won't remove an effect if that would make your JSS drop...

I don't know if it's female intuition, but I've always known when a contract was not all sunshine and roses and could hit my JSS...

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS