Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSS

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Sarah C Member Since: May 12, 2019
2591 of 5,754
I know the algorithm is somewhat mysterious, but I'm just generally wondering about long term clients.

Long term clients help your JSS, somehow, right? Or is it only if you have closed contracts with them? Or consistently funded milestones?

For example, I had a client from april-august. Except, I did one milestone for them and then they ghosted me. I didn't immediately close the contract because I thought they might come back, and I didn't want the zero feedback to negatively affect me.

Of course, they randomly closed the contract last week, and left me bad feedback. Is that considered a "long term client"? More heavily weighted than my other contracts?

I have two other sporadic clients that throw me work occasionally, but I don't know if those count either.

I probably shouldn't even be bothering myself with it but I'm just tired of looking at a crap JSS. 😒

Highlighted
Marni A Member Since: Feb 6, 2018
2592 of 5,754

Hi, I took a hiatus from Upwork for about a year and a half due to several family deaths. I'm back on Upwork and my rating has dropped from 86% to 84% in 3 or 4 weeks despite no new jobs and therefore no bad ratings! Why is this happening and how does one reestablish oneself when one's rating is dropping and many jobs ask for at least 90%? I've applied to about a half dozen jobs with no response. Very concerning. Thanks.
PS I was previously Top Rated

Highlighted
Community Guru
Mark F Member Since: Jul 10, 2018
2593 of 5,754

Marni A wrote:

Hi, I took a hiatus from Upwork for about a year and a half due to several family deaths. I'm back on Upwork and my rating has dropped from 86% to 84% in 3 or 4 weeks despite no new jobs and therefore no bad ratings! Why is this happening and how does one reestablish oneself when one's rating is dropping and many jobs ask for at least 90%? I've applied to about a half dozen jobs with no response. Very concerning. Thanks.
PS I was previously Top Rated

It's because your JSS is your best score from the last 6 months, 12 months, or two years, whatever is the best.  You must have jobs that you had better results on dropping off because they are over two  years old.

The 90% is a preference, I would do my best not to worry about it.

Highlighted
2594 of 5,754

Thank you, Mark. I appreciate your taking the time to explain. However, it doesn't explain why my score never changed at all while I was off the platform for over a year till now? It's only dropped in the last 3-4 weeks.

Highlighted
Community Leader
Kate R Member Since: Dec 5, 2016
2595 of 5,754

Hi, I am sorry for your losses. Do you mention the factors behind your rating and the fact you are coming off a hiatus in your profile/proposals? I wonder if that would help ? 

Highlighted
2596 of 5,754

Thank you, Kate. Do you mean including the hiatus information in proposals I submit? Or to Upwork admin?

Highlighted
Rana M Member Since: May 24, 2019
2597 of 5,754

Hi Everyone. 

I have completed 5 jobs with 5 stars in all. I cannot understand why my job success score is 75% only. 

I also want to know when will I get the "Rising Talent Badge"?

Thank you

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2598 of 5,754

Rana M wrote:

Hi Everyone. 

I have completed 5 jobs with 5 stars in all. I cannot understand why my job success score is 75% only. 

Thank you

A bad review at the stage you're at (only 5 reviews) will hold you back for 6 months until it drops off. Hell, even at a good stage bad feedback will hold you back for 6 months. It just won't hit as hard. So you gotta just hold out for 6 months.

Highlighted
Rana M Member Since: May 24, 2019
2599 of 5,754

but I did not get any bad reviews. So Why it will hold me for 6months. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2600 of 5,754

Rana M wrote:

Poor private feedback

Rana M wrote:

Never. Once you have a JSS you can not ever get Rising Talent Status

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS