cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSS

Community Guru
Jonathan H Member Since: Jun 19, 2019
2681 of 2,899

because JSS is not just calculated on your star ratings. Private feedback plays a part, also good jobs falling out of the 6/12/24 month window can also cause scores to change. 

what is your 'clients who would reccomend me' percentage?

Khalid N Member Since: Mar 21, 2019
2682 of 2,899

The one is this **Edited for Community Guidelines**
The other one is this
**Edited for Community Guidelines**

2683 of 2,899

My clients who will recommend me is 82 percent 

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2684 of 2,899

Khalid N wrote:

My clients who will recommend me is 82 percent 

Yes. That's your private feedback percentage, which is what affects your JSS the most.

2685 of 2,899
Thanks
Mohamed S Member Since: Sep 19, 2019
2686 of 2,899

I've just got my first JSS, it's sadly 84 %. I want to know if it is possible to get it to 100%, also I need to know what is the impact of 1 successful job on my JSS. Thanks!

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
2687 of 2,899

Mohamed S wrote:

I've just got my first JSS, it's sadly 84 %. I want to know if it is possible to get it to 100%, also I need to know what is the impact of 1 successful job on my JSS. Thanks!

It is possible to get it to 100%, by completing many more jobs with great feedback, or by bad reviews falling out of the 6/12/24 month calculation windows.

Jobs are weighted by volume, so higher paying jobs will weigh more. Each addititional job will have a smaller impact on your total JSS, as the total and therefore the basis becomes larger, but I guess I don't need to explain math to you. 

Forget the public feedback and the stars, it is pretty irrelevant, what counts is private feedback (clients that would recommend you).

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
2688 of 2,899

Mohamed, it's because one client gave you a 3.3 feedback. This client hired someone else for the same job, and gave the freelancer a 2.35 feedback. If the client keeps doing this, Upwork *may* decide to exclude the feedback from this client, but in the meantime, for the next 6 months, you need to keep getting 5 star feedback and your JSS will gradually improve. I also question why you were paid only $20 when the job had a budget of $200. I would never work for that large a discount.

2689 of 2,899

Thanks for your answer! I really appreciate it. The thing is this contract is in dispute right now. The client asked me to solve a problem for this amount of money (120) then I did. He kept putting more constraints which made the question even harder until it became unsolvable. Then he asked for a refund. Upwork told me that we will need arbitration for 291$ so I will sadly refund him. He caused me a terrible loss (money and JSS). Sadly I can't do anything about it.

Ace Contributor
Atifa T Member Since: Aug 4, 2012
2690 of 2,899

Sudden 5% decrease my JSS. Can somebody guide me about the reason.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS