Mohammad S Member Since: Oct 29, 2019
2811 of 2,899
All the ratings are public
Community Guru
Jamie F Member Since: Mar 7, 2010
2812 of 2,899

undefined:
All the ratings are public

When a client leaves feedback, they get to leave two main types.

They can leave public feedback, which you can see on your profile, and they also get to leave private feedback that you cannot see. It is actually the private feedback that affects your JSS the most.

Oto K Member Since: Sep 1, 2019
2813 of 2,899

Hey there,

My JSS was decreased last week. After research (googling, posting here, asking for my friends.) I have found out the possible reason. It's a job from the previous month, with same day "Due", which is not either paid or closed.

2 small things to ask:

1)Can you confirm that I'm right?

2)Can you please ask my Client (Matt) by email or someway to check Upwork inbox?

I appreciate your help.

Thanks.

Community Guru
Robin H Member Since: May 28, 2019
2814 of 2,899

Oto K wrote:

Hey there,

My JSS was decreased last week. After research (googling, posting here, asking for my friends.) I have found out the possible reason. It's a job from the previous month, with same day "Due", which is not either paid or closed.

2 small things to ask:

1)Can you confirm that I'm right?

2)Can you please ask my Client (Matt) by email or someway to check Upwork inbox?

Oto,

As Joan told you in a previous post, the reason your JSS went down because one of your recent clients gave you poor private feedback.  That's what we know based on having good public feedback. 

re: Can you please ask my Client (Matt) by email or someway to check Upwork inbox?

That's not how Upwork works.  This is a platform to connect clients and freelancers.  No one will reach out to your client and "force" him to check his email.  Besides, that will do no good for you as it's done and having a 97% JSS will not break you.  

Forget about it and move on.  

Community Leader
Viacheslav K Member Since: Sep 9, 2015
2815 of 2,899

most likely someone gave you a low private score. 

You have 97%. It's 7% more than you should worry about. It's pretty hard to mantain the 100% mark.

Chris H Member Since: Sep 20, 2015
2816 of 2,899

I have had my UpWork account open since 2015 but only within the last two or three weeks have I actively searched for and have been awarded projects on UpWork.

I have now  successfully completed my first six projects on UpWork with five star reviews from the clients.

For a variety of reasons I am wanting to terminate my seventh project without submitting any work.

I am wondering what effect this would have on my JSS and the negative effect it would have on finding good gigs on UpWork in the future?

Thanks so much.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2817 of 2,899

Chris H wrote:

For a variety of reasons I am wanting to terminate my seventh project without submitting any work.

I am wondering what effect this would have on my JSS and the negative effect it would have on finding good gigs on UpWork in the future?

The answer is pretty much the same as it was a few days ago when you wondered about the same thing with the fourth contract.

It will most likely have a significant impact because you had so few contracts, and likely lead to your JSS (which you will likely get on Sunday) being impacted. This will have an impact on your ability to find good gigs until you can get your JSS back up.

You need to not get into such situations in the first place, by organising your work and checking clients and files carefully before accepting a contract.

Vicky B Member Since: Feb 11, 2019
2818 of 2,899

Hi,

This week, I have done 3 projects and got 5 stars' feedbacks. But still, my job success rate is 85%. Why it is not increasing. I want to solve this problem. If anyone knows about this then please help me. 

Thank you,

Vicky

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2819 of 2,899

Vicky B wrote:

This week, I have done 3 projects and got 5 stars' feedbacks. But still, my job success rate is 85%. Why it is not increasing. I want to solve this problem. If anyone knows about this then please help me. 

Because the JSS updates every second Sunday afternoon / evening only.
The next update is this coming Sunday.

Ace Contributor
Sehar Arif M Member Since: Sep 4, 2018
2820 of 2,899

Hi Everyone,

So, one of my contract is idle from more than 2 months, but before this he paid me every month. And there is no new active milestones and tasks for me but the extra money in escrow.

I already requested him via messages to end this contract but he is a client who appears when he has any new task, I complete the task, he receives work, reviews and than disappears, after 12 or 13 days he pays money or a couple of times upwork paid me money after 14 days.

My concern is if I end this contract

1.The refund will effect my jss or not?

2. If I end this contract and if not having feedback on this contract will affect my jss on on next update or Upwork waits for 14 days to add this contract in JSS count because If he will appear in next 14 days, he may leave feedback which will be good as he is very happy with the work and will wish to rehire for any future tasks.

What should I do, wait for a month or so, Or Should  end this contract?

Thanks.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS