Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSS

k3ncho
Oto K Member Since: Sep 1, 2019
2931 of 5,754

Hey,

I've noticed that my JSS was decreased to 97% today.

Will be happy to hear reasons Smiley Happy 

Thanks

joansands
Community Guru
Joan S Member Since: Mar 18, 2019
2932 of 5,754

Oto - You must have gotten some private feedback that was not as good as your public feedback.

75797c35
Ace Contributor
Rita T Member Since: Feb 17, 2017
2933 of 5,754

Hello, I got 5 stars from clients (two times in this week) but my job success score dropped down. How can this happen?

Thanks,

Rita

yitwail
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
2934 of 5,754

Rita, you're still top rated so you can remove one feedback, if you think that would improve your JSS. Aside from that, take a look at your My Stats Clients who would recommend you percentage. If that's below 90%, then some clients left you so-so private feedback.

Viacheslav K Member Since: Sep 9, 2015
2935 of 5,754

>look at your My Stats Clients who would recommend you percentage. 

that score has nothing to do with JSS. Clients get an email to rate the freelancer after a week of work. It doesn't affect JSS. Just the first impression of the client.

yitwail
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
2936 of 5,754

Viacheslav K wrote:

>look at your My Stats Clients who would recommend you percentage. 

that score has nothing to do with JSS. Clients get an email to rate the freelancer after a week of work. It doesn't affect JSS. Just the first impression of the client.

A freelancer’s Job Success Score reflects their reputation on Upwork based on direct client feedback and other indicators of client satisfaction. It combines metrics on their clients’ public and private feedback...

Private feedback consists of the reason for ending the contract (e.g., job completed successfully) and a score for “How likely are you to recommend this freelancer to a friend or colleague?” on a scale of 0 to 10 (Not at all likely to Extremely likely).

source: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063558-Job-Success-Score 

Rita T Member Since: Feb 17, 2017
2937 of 5,754

Thanks, John. I remove oneSmiley Happy

2a05aa63
Community Guru
Viacheslav K Member Since: Sep 9, 2015
2938 of 5,754

looks like some of the clients weren't honest, or misclicked the score or reason the contract was closes.

But I see myself some anomalies. I didn't have any closed contract for the last month, got a 5 star one, but the JJS stays the same.

clom_5
Caroline S Member Since: Oct 27, 2019
2939 of 5,754

The data bot isn't helping me with this one, so I'm asking here. I started on Upwork a few years ago and at that time received a job success score that was good enough to qualify me for plenty of jobs. I then took a break for about two years and have returned only to find I no longer have any score at all and therefore can't apply for most jobs. This is really upsetting. Does my score go away if I take a break from the site? That doesn't seem fair. 

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2940 of 5,754

Caroline S wrote:

I then took a break for about two years and have returned only to find I no longer have any score at all and therefore can't apply for most jobs. This is really upsetting. Does my score go away if I take a break from the site? That doesn't seem fair. 

"Fair" does not come into it.

The JSS takes into account the outcomes of the last 2 years only.

Also, you absolutely CAN apply for jobs where you do not fulfill all the preferences. Just make your proposal really strong.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS