Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSS

clom_5
Caroline S Member Since: Oct 27, 2019
2941 of 5,754

Thanks for the info.

"Also, you absolutely CAN apply for jobs where you do not fulfill all the preferences. Just make your proposal really strong." 

No. I'm barred from applying for most jobs right now because of JSS requirements set by the client. A shame, because my JSS had been 90%. Basically, this is starting from square one, as if I never did any good work on Upwork in the past. 

Thanks again for the info.

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2942 of 5,754

Caroline S wrote:

Thanks for the info.

"Also, you absolutely CAN apply for jobs where you do not fulfill all the preferences. Just make your proposal really strong." 

No. I'm barred from applying for most jobs right now because of JSS requirements set by the client. A shame, because my JSS had been 90%. Basically, this is starting from square one, as if I never did any good work on Upwork in the past. 

Thanks again for the info.

sure about that? Smiley Very Happy

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2943 of 5,754

Caroline S wrote:

No. I'm barred from applying for most jobs right now because of JSS requirements

Completely wrong. You are in no way at all "barred" - those are merely preferences. You are welcome to apply anyway.

clom_5
2944 of 5,754

Yes. I realized after I posted my response that I was "completely wrong." I'd just forgotten. FWIW, your responses come off harsh. I appreciate the information you give, but a neutral tone, at the least, would go over better. 

Anyway, this has been resolved, so I'm now turning off my notifications for responses and won't be checking this thread again. 

clom_5
2945 of 5,754

I agree this is a problem. Upwork, freelancers' ability to get future work shouldn't depend so much on this. There has to be another way. We can do our best work and make the client happy, but if they don't leave feedback, we are penalized. You have to change this. 

ahmetsamsa
Ace Contributor
Ahmet S Member Since: Jun 1, 2019
2946 of 5,754

Hi everyone.
Lately, my job success rate start to decrease but I don't have any bad review or feedback from my clients. 
Does anyone know why it starts to decrease? 
I only have one client that didn't give feedback but he was happy with the end result and didn't know upwork very well. So we end up doing all the work over gmail and payment from upwork.

Does having multiple opened and inactive job affect your overall rate? 

khalidazim
Khalid A Member Since: Mar 21, 2019
2947 of 5,754

Hello, I am Khalid & I am working on upwork since April and I have done many jobs with all 5 star feedback except 2... Recently I have done 2 contracts with five star feedback with 10 rank of hidden feedback because he is my long terms client he tell me I have done hidden feedback is also outstanding.....
I request you to please check my profile status manually...
I am very upset that what the hell is wrong with my profile???
Please again request you to check my profile manually

Before updating the status each time, I complete roundabout 3-4 contracts with outstanding public and private feedback and I expect the increment in my percentage but when I get the updated status I receive the decrement... Smiley Sad

Please resolve my issue 
Thanks
Regards
Khalid

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2948 of 5,754

Khalid N wrote:

I am very upset that what the hell is wrong with my profile???

This:

private feedback.jpg

darrenwall74
Community Leader
Darren w Member Since: Sep 20, 2015
2949 of 5,754

In the past two months, my JSS has dropped from 100% to 95%.

So in an effort to diagnose the problem, I looked at my feedback for that period, and it's all five-star positive. However, I do have quite a few open contracts in which the client took the work and left the job open.

Am I correct in thinking that they could be the culprit and could closing them also adversely affect my JSS?

moonraker
Community Guru
Jamie F Member Since: Mar 7, 2010
2950 of 5,754

It's more likely to be private feedback that's causing it. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS