Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSS

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
291 of 5,258

Lisa T wrote:

Private feedback really isn't feedback at all. It's an oxymoron. Feedback is responding to someone, letting them know how they did, and advice on improvement. If you hide that from the freelancer, it's not feedback.

True, and it's not billed as feedback when the client leaves it. That's just a shorthand that tends to get used here to make the distinction.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Brian F Member Since: Jun 4, 2013
292 of 5,258

Because JSS is smoke and mirrors.  They allow private feedback you never see and then discount the public feedback if the private feedback isn't perfect.  I'm not at all covinced that an 8/10 "would they recommend" isn't counted as non-success...

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer D Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
293 of 5,258

Upwork's position is that a *pattern* of jobs with no feedback indicates poor client and contract management, and as a client I tend to agree. This is why JSS is negatively impacted if a freelancer has a *pattern* of jobs with no feedback. As Petra said, it's unlikely that your no feedback jobs are affecting your JSS.

There is more to being a successful freelancer on Upwork than just winning a job and delivering the finished product. Client and contract management is an important skill for all freelancers. It starts before you even bid on a job (does the client have a great history of feedback, both given and received) and doesn't end after you have delivered the finished product.

Highlighted
Md H Member Since: Nov 28, 2017
294 of 5,258
Hi, My Job Success score reduces 100% - 92% but i don't know why, every job is successfully completed, show in my status (Your profile was discovered 4 times last week. (-20% from the previous week) what can i do for now? Thanks
Highlighted
Lorianne R Member Since: Nov 26, 2018
295 of 5,258
UpWork shouldn’t care about how good are we on client relationships, just on the delivery of the work. Everything else is not objective as to give a score on it. Some people could be super introvert and awkward and still deliver a great work. Maybe that could be taken in account to give you a top freelancer status but not for other general scores.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Phyllis G Member Since: Sep 8, 2016
296 of 5,258

Lorianne R wrote:
UpWork shouldn’t care about how good are we on client relationships, just on the delivery of the work. Everything else is not objective as to give a score on it. Some people could be super introvert and awkward and still deliver a great work. Maybe that could be taken in account to give you a top freelancer status but not for other general scores.

It's rarely possible to completely separate how a client feels about the specific work deliverable from how they feel in their relationship with the FL. And any successful FL will confirm the importance of repeat business. The ability to relate well with clients is part of the gig, just like having enough bookkeeping skills to manage your money, and enough marketing savvy to find new business. Some parts are more challenging for some people than others, but there are certain critical, minimum skills we all have to develop.

Anyway, of course UW cares about our success at cultivating and maintaining client relationships. They want clients returning to the platform and telling their friends to use it. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
297 of 5,258

"there are certain critical, minimum skills we all have to develop."  Yeah, among those empathy and understading and not making unfounded assumptions...

Highlighted
Community Guru
Will L Member Since: Jul 9, 2015
298 of 5,258
Jennifer,

It's called a JOB Success Score, yet some of the rating criteria have nothing to do with how well the freelancer performs for clients (in other words, the specific JOB being rated). Some of what you mention is irrelevant to measuring that performance, though it will certainly reflect how successful a freelancer will be in terms of income, repeat business, etc.
Highlighted
Community Guru
299 of 5,258

"It's called a JOB Success Score, yet some of the rating criteria have nothing to do with how well the freelancer performs for clients (in other words, the specific JOB being rated). Some of what you mention is irrelevant to measuring that performance, though it will certainly reflect how successful a freelancer will be in terms of income, repeat business, etc."

THANKS WILL!!  This is EXACTLY what are complaning about.  In response?  No action, and "explanations" that involve blaming the freelancer and telling them to ust try harder to get more contracts or explain the technicalities that are simply not justified or a fair represenration.  This needs to be changed.  It should NEVER have been implemented this way.  The witches' brew doesn't need these magic mushrooms.  It needs a diluter to make the solution clearer and more transparend and more related to objective criteria related to job performance measured in satisfaction vs dissatisfaction, not blanks.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Scott D Member Since: Aug 6, 2015
300 of 5,258

When is the Product Team going to understand that not every client is NOT going to leave feedback after a successful project. So when a freelancer closed a completed project the likely hood that a client will close from their end and leave feedback is 10%. YES 10%. Also when you call the customer support center to send a client an email, that is just bothering the client is DOES NOT HELP.

Freelancers who have 'ongoing' clients like I do, clients should not have forced to leave feedback when a freelancer is working with them all the time. This should be a + on their score.

I always noticed when my score reaches for example a 94% that when I successful client does not leave feedback, my score will drop 2 - 3 points. MAKES NO SENSE!

I have been watching my score closely, see attached. My score last month was 90%, and looking at my comments and scores of 5+ my score only jumped up to a 91%. COME ON, THIS MAKE NO SENSE? 
Scores seem to fall more then move up.

I NEED SOME ONE FROM THE PRODUCT TEAM TO CALL ME. TALKING TO YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE FOLKS GET KNOW WHERE.

PRODUCT TEAM NEED TO WORK WITH SELECTED FREELANCERS SO THE UNDERSTAND CLIENT AND FREELANCER RELATIONSHIPS.

THANK YOU

SCOTT

THESE ARE ALL ONE FEEDBACK SINCE THE LAST ROLLOVER, I SHOULD AT LEAST BE AT 94%

Platform Automation and Devlops Workflow InfoGraphics
Nov 2017
9 hours
$40.00 / hr
$373.33 earned

THIS IS A CLIENT THAT I CONTINUE TO WORK WITH, THIS IS THE ONLY PROJECT THAT HE HAS NOT LEFT ANY FEEDBACK SO BECAUSE OF THIS I RATE WAS LOWERED. IT MAKES NO SENSE TO HAVE GOING CLIENTS, WHO I HAVE A $500+ EARNING WITH THAT THEY HAVE TO LEAVE FEEDBACK ALL TIME. 
HAVING ONGOING CLIENTS SHOULD BE AUTOMATICALLY CALUTATED INTO YOUR SCORE.
Executive and Management Teams Org Chart
Nov 2017
No feedback given
$120.00 earned
Fixed Price

Financial Deck Unique Design & Messaging
Nov 2017
Scott was great, he made himself available for a continually moving target of completing a deck while we were transforming the deck, and once given the content to complete a job, he could whip it into shape. His designs were sound and he was really a huge help with this project.
$500.00 earned
Fixed Price

Existing powerpoint presentation for a Business Brokerage Firm.
Nov 2017
Working with Scott was easy to direct and he understood what it was I was looking for..Great Job Yes I would work with Scott again on any future Projects

8 hours
$40.00 / hr
$300.00 earned

PowerPoint Presentation
Oct 2017 - Nov 2017
Awesome job!!!!!
10 hours
$40.00 / hr
$380.00 earned

Company Overview Powerpoint- Cybersecurity Company
Sep 2017 - Oct 2017
Did everything that was asked of him with little direction and came back with an amazing product. He is very talented and plan on using him again
$400.00 earned
Fixed Price

Investor Presentation clean up
Sep 2017 - Oct 2017

Scott, is awesome. He has a great eye and understands how to make a presentation both visually interesting and free flowing.

He was pleasant available and responsive and a joy to work with. 

We will work with him again!!

14 hours
$40.00 / hr
$553.34 earned

Investor Pitch Deck
Oct 2017
No feedback given
4 hours
$40.00 / hr
$146.67 earned

Need help designing a Great Pitchbook/Presentation for clients of my new business
Sep 2017 - Oct 2017
$350.00 earned
Fixed Price

Building Scalable Organizations
Sep 2017 - Oct 2017
Really pleased with Scott's creativity and ability to understand the key message. Great work! Thank you Scott.
9 hours
$40.00 / hr
$346.67 earned

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS