Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSS

Highlighted
Community Guru
Louisa J Member Since: Apr 12, 2017
3011 of 5,529

A lot of clients hire ghostwriters then hire an editor/proofreader afterward. Your client should have seen from your profile description that your grammar may be a little out. (Please don't take offense, but from your profile and the message below, I can see why your client may have picked up on a few things). 

If your client wanted perfect written English, first time, and are publishing their ghost written book/article with no editorial check, then that's up to them. As for your question, you may want to mention when you are hired that you are only the writer and not the proofreader. Very rarely can writers proofread their own work. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3012 of 5,529

Louisa J wrote:

A lot of clients hire ghostwriters then hire an editor/proofreader afterward. Your client should have seen from your profile description that your grammar may be a little out.

Euphemism of the year Smiley Wink

Cheap clients hire cheap English-as-a-second-language writers who should not be writing in English and then complain bitterly when they got exactly what they paid $ 5 for...

They have no budget for an editor. If they can only afford $ 5 for the "writer", they certainly can't afford an editor who masters English any better than the "writer".

Rahul S wrote:
Is it going to affect my profile very much and my frequency of getting jobs?

It's obviously not going to help that your currently only completed contract ended so poorly with a 3 for skills and a 2 for quality.

Highlighted
Rahul S Member Since: Jan 26, 2019
3013 of 5,529

Please suggest me a solution to this now!

Highlighted
Community Guru
3014 of 5,529

Rahul S wrote:

Please suggest me a solution to this now!

Rethink what you offer.

If you continue selling something you can not deliver, other feedback like this will follow.

Do you have any skills that do not involve writing in English?

PS: Can you tell me why you offer " English-German Translation or vice versa." when you clearly don't speak German and aren't a translator?

Highlighted
3015 of 5,529

because I have been learning german these days so I can work with basic german translations. That's why I have mentioned it

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
3016 of 5,529

Rahul S wrote:

because I have been learning german these days so I can work with basic german translations. That's why I have mentioned it

you should expect more bad feedback and probably an all gray bar when your JSS is like 50%.

Highlighted
3017 of 5,529

what do you mean? I didn't understand mam?

Highlighted
3018 of 5,529

I didn't understand mam. What do you mean?

Highlighted
Community Guru
3019 of 5,529

Rahul wrote:

I didn't understand mam. What do you mean?

She means that if you continue offering to do jobs you don't have the skills for, your profile will be filled with the kind of feedback you already got.

Yes, if you refund that contract the feedback will disappear (But the effect on the JSS will remain.), but unless you stop doing jobs you don't have the skills for, it will just be replaced by more jobs with equally poor feedback.

And "learning German these days" doesn't qualify you to translate into German, or from it. To offer that on your profile is fraudulent.

Rahul wrote:

I can work with basic german translations

No. You can't. You don't speak German and you are not a translator.

Highlighted
3020 of 5,529
Thank you so much for your guidance and I will improve from now on.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS