cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSS

Maksym K Member Since: Jan 11, 2020
3191 of 3,376

Hello Upwork Admins!

I'm a top rated freelancer with 7 complete jobs and 5 star feedbacks for each contract. My current job success rate is 89% - I feel really confused about that. I did read "confused about your job success rate" article at help & support but that didn't explain the mystery behind my issue. The only reason why this could've happened is probably because I did close 3 contracts myself at the end of the year, BUT one of them was finished for about of couple of month ago and another two were finished just before the end of the year. I asked my clients to close the contracts but they were too busy and asked me to do that myself.

Could you guys please kindly answer 2 questions:

1. Why on earth this could happen

2. Is my job success rate going to get back 100% assuming that I have only 5 star feedbacks

Thanks in advance.

Maksim K. - top rated freelancer

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3192 of 3,376

You refer to "5 star feedback", but that refers only to public feedback. That has limited impact on JSS. Private feedback also important. That could account for JSS being lower than you like. Percent of clients who would recommend you also important. The figure appears on My Stats page.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3193 of 3,376

Maksym K wrote:

Hello Upwork Admins!

I'm a top rated freelancer...

Maksim K. - top rated freelancer...

You're not top rated...

Maksym K wrote:

Could you guys please kindly answer 2 questions:

1. Why on earth this could happen

You got poor private feedback

Maksym K wrote:

2. Is my job success rate going to get back 100% assuming that I have only 5 star feedbacks

Yes, if all your future contracts end with great public and private feedback and you don't have any "nothing paid" contracts by the time the poor outcome falls out of your calculation window.

3194 of 3,376

I was top rated before this JSS fell down... 

Community Guru
3195 of 3,376

Maksym K wrote:

I was top rated before this JSS fell down... 

You may well have been. But there is no need to type that you are top rated twice when actually you're not Smiley Wink

If you can pinpoint which contract came with poor private feedback, and only lost your top rated status at the last update on the 4rth, you might be able to use your top rated perk 

3196 of 3,376

How do my clients know about private feedback? What if they don't leave it? Do I have to tell them about that???

I was top rated, my clients were perfectly satisfied and now I lost both - JSS and top rated badge for nothing. Now I can't find a decent job. I'm deeply dissapointed with this service.

Community Guru
3197 of 3,376

Maksym K wrote:

How do my clients know about private feedback? What if they don't leave it? 

They leave private feedback automatically when they leave feedback. They can not avoid doing so. You can see the average percentage of your private JSS under "Clients who would recommend me" on your "My Stats" page.

Maksym K wrote:

Do I have to tell them about that???

No, you don't have to remind them. 

Maksym K wrote:

I was top rated, my clients were perfectly satisfied and now I lost both - JSS and top rated badge for nothing.

They weren't "perfectly" satisfied (or you'd not have poor private feedback) and you didn't lose it "for nothing" - you lost it because a client left poor private feedback.

3198 of 3,376

Ok, Thanks for explanations, Petra.

Dogukan C Member Since: Dec 18, 2019
3199 of 3,376

One of my clients got suspended and our contract was idling and all the milestones were paid so I ended the contract and as soon as I ended it my JSS decreased to %95. Then because of open contracts and unresponsive clients, my JSS decreased to %89 and I lost my Top Rated badge. I got one of my feedbacks removed and nothing has changed. Can someone tell me about how this JSS works? Why am I getting affected in a negative way because of unresponsive clients?

Community Guru
3200 of 3,376

Dogukan C wrote:

I got one of my feedbacks removed and nothing has changed. 

That's because you wasted your perk and removed a contract that had no negative effect on your JSS...

Idle contracts with money paid do not hurt your JSS

Contracts with suspended clients do not hurt your JSS.

Your JSS is hurt by contracts that have no earnings (ever) or contracts with poor feedback (private and / or public) 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS