JSS

Ace Contributor
Muhammad Zeeshan H Member Since: Dec 21, 2019
3201 of 3,375

Hay Everyone,

Let me know about the effects of this scenerio on Job Success Score:

1. Client ended the contract with mutual consent
  2. No feedback given by client
  3. freelancer has approved the request to refund the amount in escrow back to client

Is JSS doomed ? 

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3202 of 3,375

Muhammad Zeeshan H wrote:

Hay Everyone,

Let me know about the effects of this scenerio on Job Success Score:

1. Client ended the contract with mutual consent
  2. No feedback given by client
  3. freelancer has approved the request to refund the amount in escrow back to client

1. When ending the contract, the client left (at least private) feedback.

2. Yes, there was. Private feedback.

3,, So you created a "nothing ever paid" contract ..... They tend to not be good for the JSS.

Muhammad Zeeshan H wrote:

Is JSS doomed ? 

Not "doomed" but you'll see if there is a drop on Sunday.

Ace Contributor
Muhammad Zeeshan H Member Since: Dec 21, 2019
3203 of 3,375

Drashti S Member Since: Oct 22, 2019
3204 of 3,375

Hi There,As My job success rate is 100% suddenly it will reduce to 93%.

Please do need full.

Please note that I have just close one contact this are not active. Is that affect my score?

Thanks in advance.

Amira A Member Since: Mar 26, 2019
3205 of 3,375

Hello my Job Success Score is now 88% and i do not know why i did not get any bad feedback everything is good in my profile so i do not know how to make it 90% and more ?

Maksim T Member Since: Oct 7, 2019
3206 of 3,375

Hi Upwork Team
I have cutting JSS today minus 10%

But I don't have any new closed contracts and private or public reviews at this time.
I have only one active contract with payments

So - Why my JSS is cutting minus 10%(its very big percent)?
I know to recalculate JSS based only on closed contracts ?

Thank you for your time

Maura-Rose P Member Since: Oct 5, 2019
3207 of 3,375

My best guess is that one of your good feedback probably fell out of the 6 months window.

Khorrom E Member Since: Oct 20, 2016
3208 of 3,375

I've just completed a job with an excellent review in last week. Today my status has been updated but found no effect on JSS.

Maura-Rose P Member Since: Oct 5, 2019
3209 of 3,375

Give it a couple of hours. I am also waiting for mine to update the change in jss.

Community Leader
Varun G Member Since: Dec 11, 2019
3210 of 3,375

I've looked through a few forum posts about this but I can't seem to find an answer that fits the bill. My JSS dropped from 100% to 93% (a 7% drop, which is quite significant). My client satisfaction rate according to my profile is 100%, and I've got nothing but 5-star reviews since my last JSS update. My account is not old enough to be subject to the JSS "window" system (I'm only about 2 months old).

According to Upwork:

Your Job Success Score drops when one of the following happens between updates

• You receive poor public or private feedback from one or more clients.
  • Jobs you completed in the past are no longer considered because they are outside the score's time frame.
  • Jobs with no earnings or no feedback become counted in your score, either because they were closed or because several months have passed since you received a payment.

As far as I can tell, none of these three things have happened. I have one contract with no earnings that is a few days old (I haven't started billing them yet) but the rest all have earnings and feedback, except one that was counted in my first JSS score of 100%.

I understand that the score changes over time and it'll go back up eventually, but I'd like to get a better understanding of how it works so I can improve the way I operate on Upwork. Thanks for the help/advice in advance.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS