cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

JSS

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3211 of 3,378

Probably due to private feedback.

Community Leader
Varun G Member Since: Dec 11, 2019
3212 of 3,378

Preston H wrote:

Probably due to private feedback.


I thought that at first too, but I noticed that the recommendation percentage in "My Stats" is still at 100%, so it can't be that.


Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3213 of 3,378

Varun G wrote:

Preston H wrote:

Probably due to private feedback.


I thought that at first too, but I noticed that the recommendation percentage in "My Stats" is still at 100%, so it can't be that.


It is without any shadow of a doubt private feedback. (Unless you have any unpaid contracts...)

The "recommendation percentage" does NOT update after every contract or in line with the JSS. It only updates every X (exact number unknown, widely thought to be 5) completed contracts

 


Varun G wrote:

And yeah, it seemed like the contract without feedback could be the only plausible explanation,

It isn't. Not only don't contracts without feedback do any harm provided money was paid and the freelancer doesn't have a huge percentage of such contracts, that contract closed well before the last update.

 


Varun G wrote: I'm a little surprised that one contract resulted in a 7% drop,

It hasn't. It was private feedback.

Community Leader
Varun G Member Since: Dec 11, 2019
3214 of 3,378


It is without any shadow of a doubt private feedback. (Unless you have any unpaid contracts...)

The "recommendation percentage" does NOT update after every contract or in line with the JSS. It only updates every X (exact number unknown, widely thought to be 5) completed contracts


Thanks for the info, I didn't know that. Appreciate it.

Community Guru
Robin H Member Since: May 28, 2019
3215 of 3,378

Congratulations on your success so far in such a short time period!  You have quite a unique background and will surely succeed here.  As you listed, those are the items that can negatively affect your JSS.  I surmise it is the client who didn't give you feedback that caused your JSS to drop 7%. 

 

At this stage, every completed project will alter your JSS.  The more completed projects you have, the less each individually will affect the JSS.  

 

Once you receive Top Rated status, things will be even easier for you.  Just don't short-change yourself.  Start increasing your hourly rate and accept jobs aligning with that rate.  The jobs that are under $35 are really not worth your time (or the 20% fee to Upwork).  

Community Leader
Varun G Member Since: Dec 11, 2019
3216 of 3,378

Robin H wrote:

Congratulations on your success so far in such a short time period!  You have quite a unique background and will surely succeed here.  As you listed, those are the items that can negatively affect your JSS.  I surmise it is the client who didn't give you feedback that caused your JSS to drop 7%. 

 

At this stage, every completed project will alter your JSS.  The more completed projects you have, the less each individually will affect the JSS.  

 

Once you receive Top Rated status, things will be even easier for you.  Just don't short-change yourself.  Start increasing your hourly rate and accept jobs aligning with that rate.  The jobs that are under $35 are really not worth your time (or the 20% fee to Upwork).  


Thank you for your kind words. I'm starting to understand Upwork better over time, and I'm going to start focusing mainly on my long-term clients as opposed to one-off jobs. I appreciate the advice, it's quite helpful.

And yeah, it seemed like the contract without feedback could be the only plausible explanation, but I'm a little surprised that one contract resulted in a 7% drop. I guess it's probably due to me only having 20 or so jobs, so one job represents 5% of that. I'm not a huge fan of JSS dropping due to no feedback, but it is what it is. Once again, thank you for taking the time to reply.

Active Member
Jaffer H Member Since: Oct 14, 2018
3217 of 3,378

Hey, Two times my upwork profile update but my Job success score never change, its does not decrease or not increase, 1 month passed away but JSS is constant, even I have completed 4 jobs with 5 star review from clients in this time frame.

Ace Contributor
Muhammad A Member Since: Jan 9, 2019
3218 of 3,378

Hello, Upwork community.

In the last evaluation, I have a job success score of 96%.


I've completed 5 jobs recently with 5 stars and 2 of the client rehired me

 

Today my JSS dropped to 93%

 

What is the problem?

I know it is calculated automatically and a number of factors involved but still?.

 

 

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3219 of 3,378

Muhammad A wrote:

Today my JSS dropped to 93%

 

What is the problem?


Private feedback (unless you had any contracts that ended with nothing ever paid or were canceled / fully refunded / been open for months with nothing (ever) paid)

Ace Contributor
Muhammad A Member Since: Jan 9, 2019
3220 of 3,378

I don't have any nonactive contract however I have canceled the 2 contracts with no funding or refunded.

Does this effect JSS to this extent?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS