Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSS

Highlighted
Khalil U Member Since: Feb 1, 2018
3281 of 4,820
Hi there,

Just a month ago, I had a 100% Job success score. Since then, I started working long term with 3 new clients, all of which are really happy with me and want to continue working.

Even though no job was ended in this month (and hence no review was given), my JSS first dropped down to 97% and then to 91%.

From what I understand, I'll lose my Top-Rated status if my JSS drops below 90%. Would appreciate if someone from the Upwork team will explain this drop in JSS to me.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3282 of 4,820

Khalil U wrote:
Hi there,

Just a month ago, I had a 100% Job success score. Since then, I started working long term with 3 new clients, all of which are really happy with me and want to continue working.

Even though no job was ended in this month (and hence no review was given), my JSS first dropped down to 97% and then to 91%.

You no longer have enough completed jobs in your 6 month calculation window, so it defaults to your 1 year window and the lower JSS in that window.

Highlighted
Khalil U Member Since: Feb 1, 2018
3283 of 4,820
Hi Petra,

Thanks for replying.

I'm working long-term with these clients and in an ideal scenario, they'll be working with me for another 6 months to come. I find it a bit unfair that I have to take short-term jobs to get reviewed and increase my number of jobs in this session just because the algorithm doesn't understand the concept of long-term clients...
Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3284 of 4,820

Khalil U wrote:
I find it a bit unfair that I have to take short-term jobs to get reviewed and increase my number of jobs in this session just because the algorithm doesn't understand the concept of long-term clients...

The algorithm does indeed understand the concept of long-term clients ( clients who have been consistently paying you for over 3 months) as those contracts count as positive factors towards your JSS.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Tamerlan K Member Since: Mar 28, 2017
3285 of 4,820

Hello!

My JSS was 99% 2 weeks ago. No contract ended before JSS renew on December 4.

But on December 4 the JSS updated as 88%.

I thought maybe it is for low activity and made few proposals. By the way, I am answering the interview invitations all the time.

Today it is 88% again.

I believe it is some mistake, that should be fixed. Cause I did check JSS threads in community and did not find any similar to mine. All changed after contract closed. But I did not have any contract closed prior to previous update. Nore before todays update.

Ask you kindly to check my account, my JSS and fix if any glitch is happened. Or explain what is the problem on my side, what should I do to solve this

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
3286 of 4,820

Hi Tamerlan, 

We won't be able to share information about any specific feedback, but you can check the explanation of how your Job Success Score is calculated here. 

You can also read this help article for more information on what factors can affect your score. 

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Kelly B Member Since: Jan 1, 2016
3287 of 4,820

Avery O wrote:

Hi Tamerlan, 

We won't be able to share information about any specific feedback, but you can check the explanation of how your Job Success Score is calculated here. 

You can also read this help article for more information on what factors can affect your score. 

Over 3000 posts in this thread and new ones pop up each time the JSS scores are recalculated... if I were the (new) CEO of a company, I would think that maybe this is something I'd want to take a look at. At a bare minimum, I'd say Upwork could be doing a much better job of explaining the process to new(ish) freelancers. Heck I've been here for years and I'm STILL trying to figure it out. (No, not the exact formula, but which land mines to avoid)

Highlighted
Kevin I Member Since: May 11, 2017
3288 of 4,820

Agreed. Given the status of this thread, it looks like Upwork just dumps all posts to this thread automatically and has alloted a few moderators to give the same answer, doesn't matter the number of people affected by this, at least looking for better answers.

Seems like they forgot that this platform is essentially the lifeline of many freelancers.

Highlighted
Mahfuzul H Member Since: Nov 14, 2019
3289 of 4,820

Hello Upwork,

Last 22nd December my job success score is updated. I saw my success score is 80%. But I can't calculate it anyhow! I am working more just from 3 months. Most of my feedbacks are 5 star. Few are ongoing. The ongoing project also I have started few days ago only.

Can you check my profile and please let me know?

Best Regards,

Highlighted
Mohamed M Member Since: May 7, 2019
3290 of 4,820
My job success has declined 2% after 90% but I can't get a clear reason
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS