Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSS

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
3341 of 3,604

Mark K wrote:

Rene is absolutely incorrect -- I've been told by an UW help .. "person" (trying to be nice) - that paid job with no feedback are harmful to my JSS.  She even suggested that I refund the amount I earned and ask the client to provide positive feedback.

So, what you are tell us here is false ---

You should report that CS person. Changing the star rating would have no effect on your private rating so a refund is pretty useless. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Mark K Member Since: Jul 7, 2016
3342 of 3,604

Tonya, Im just waiting to see how many other supposed "community experts" refute your claim - and state the exact opposite!

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
3343 of 3,604

Hi Mark,

Could you please send me a private message with more information along with the ticket number so that I can check?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Mark K Member Since: Jul 7, 2016
3344 of 3,604

Alexander,

No -- bc its a waste of time and effort - and will make not one shred of difference.  Do your job  - investigate it yourself. 

Highlighted
Shazma R Member Since: Jun 19, 2019
3345 of 3,604

My JSS dropped significantly last week from 83 to 76. I am unable to understand why because i had 3-4 jobs in progress and i have been getting work constantly with good feedback except for just 1 negative feedback. The only thing i did was to end the contract of the previous client who was didn't respond for a month almost and on this discussion forum, everyone recommended to close that myself as it will affect my JSS. Is it because i had 3-4 open contracts? i was working for those clients though job was in progress .

P.s i haven't received any job offer at all after my JSS dropped. I have been applying daily but no response at all. Is 76 a really bad JSS?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3346 of 3,604

Shazma R wrote:

i have been getting work constantly with good feedback except for just 1 negative feedback.

That isn't true. You had several (4) "suboptimal" outcomes out of your 14 closed contracts, and that's just based on the public feedback.

When clients deduct stars for quality, especially, they usually also don't leave great private feedback.

Take a look at your "My Stats" page. What is the percentage for "Clients who would recommend me?" - which is the private feedback that those clients who gave you feedback left you. Sort of your "private JSS".

Shazma R wrote:

The only thing i did was to end the contract of the previous client who was didn't respond for a month almost and on this discussion forum, everyone recommended to close that myself as it will affect my JSS. Is it because i had 3-4 open contracts?

No. That has nothing to do with your JSS. Open contracts with money paid don't hurt your JSS. Even contracts with no money ever paid yet take at least 2 months before they have any impact.

It's because you have been getting poor private feedback.

Shazma R wrote:

Is 76 a really bad JSS?

Yes. It is.

We have seen worse, and have seen freelancers with a worse JSS recover and even becoe top rated, but you need to identify what is going wrong and fix it, or you will not recover from this. The common denominator on your feedback history is issues with the "quality" of your writing jobs. 

My guess would be that you overestimate your Writing and/or English skills.

Highlighted
3347 of 3,604

Hi Petra, thanks for a detailed response. I have few questions from your reply;

-3 out of the 4 suboptimal feedback you mentioned were still there before my previous evaluation in which i JSS increased from 80 to 83%. 

-As you called 76 a bad JSS so what's the good JSS on average for Upwork to list me in suggestions to clients and for clients to offer the job?

-What is the good % for the "Clients who would recommend you" section? 

-Also, what are the laws of Upwork to protect Freelancers' right? A lot of clients exploit by asking for extra work or not providing the relevant information and we do it with the fear of bad rating? As the penalty effects more to freelancers than the clients. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
3348 of 3,604

Shazma R wrote:

-As you called 76 a bad JSS so what's the good JSS on average for Upwork to list me in suggestions to clients

90% or better

Shazma R wrote:

-What is the good % for the "Clients who would recommend you" section? 

90% or better

You need to choose your clients more carefully and also try not to overpromise and underdeliver,

The fact that you keep being marked down for quality indicates that you are promising more than you can deliver. 

Highlighted
3349 of 3,604

There is one client who left 2.4-star rating that has impacted my rating badly. If i refund him the paid amount will it improve my rating? Do i need to ask him to improve the feedback or it will simply disappear from my profile?

There was a miscommunication with the client and i didn't argue further with him thinking the damage is done and he has already ended the contract. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
3350 of 3,604

Shazma R wrote:

There is one client who left 2.4-star rating that has impacted my rating badly.

That is not the only contract that has impacted your JSS.

Shazma R wrote:

If i refund him the paid amount will it improve my rating?

No, it will not. It will only remove the visible feedback from your profile.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS