Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSS

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
3361 of 3,599

Hi Olena,

Please allow more time for the JSS to update and to reflect on your account.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Varun G Member Since: Dec 11, 2019
3362 of 3,599

Aleksandar, quick question. The next JSS update (the one in two weeks) will take into account dollar amounts, right?

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
3363 of 3,599

Hi Varun,

Thanks for the question. The update for JSS metrics will take effect in March.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Leonardo F Member Since: Jan 3, 2020
3364 of 3,599

I just got in my first JSS, pretty disappointed here! 70%. Surely will hurt my chances of getting new jobs. I fell there were no issues with clients and the quality of the material delivered was very good. Some clients didn´t leave any comments but reviewed and released funds fast.
Wonder what I am doing wrong...any insights?
Thank you, people!

Highlighted
Olena B Member Since: Nov 25, 2019
3365 of 3,599
Thank you, Aleksandar!

I have one contact without any earnings. It made my JSS lower. But client left good private feedback.
We'll have JSS updates in March 2020. Does it affect to my JSS?
Highlighted
Shawn L Member Since: Jun 19, 2015
3366 of 3,599
I spent a good amount of time away from this platform and somehow stayed on Top Rated status most the time. I got fed up with the insanity. Now working here regularly again my score is plummeting. I mistakenly took a job for a common Upwork farmer a couple weeks back and it was a nightmare experience. I did the usual behind kissing and blaming it all on yours truly. At the end the client made it abundantly clear he was giving me 5 stars. Of course that wasn’t the private feedback as I’ve dipped into the 70%s. I already knew he was going to give bad private feedback as he clearly had issues with losing a personal servant. I have worked here since Elance (despite my profile saying otherwise) and never had such a score.

I know the JSS is a constant source of complaints but how can this place allow such BS gaming of the system? You see a client give 5 starts publicly and a low score privately... how is that not a red flag? How many workers need to be burned to the ground until something is done?

And of course this will change nothing. Just more of my time wasted on gig economy nonsense.
Highlighted
Stevan S Member Since: Dec 23, 2019
3367 of 3,599

I wonder why my JSS dropped from 94% to 91% when I had great results in the last two weeks? Can you explain this to me? I did two jobs where I got 5 stars and great feedback, I even got a bonus on one job and was paid double the amount agreed because of my performance on the project. Please explain this to me and resolve if possible as i am very disappointed in your system. I was expecting an increase in JSS this week, not a decrease. Thanks in advance
Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3368 of 3,599

Stevan S wrote:

I wonder why my JSS dropped from 94% to 91% when I had great results in the last two weeks? Can you explain this to me? I did two jobs where I got 5 stars and great feedback, I even got a bonus on one job and was paid double the amount agreed because of my performance on the project.

You likely got less than stellar private feedback on one of your contracts, or you have a contract which either ended with no payment or has been open for months with nothing ever paid yet.

Highlighted
Stevan S Member Since: Dec 23, 2019
3369 of 3,599
I have no open inactive contract, I am aware that it affects the JSS. I don't know why someone would give me 5 stars and leave me a great feedback with the best compliments and give a bad rating in private feedback.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3370 of 3,599

Stevan S wrote:
I have no open inactive contract, I am aware that it affects the JSS. 

Only if nothing was ever paid.

Stevan S wrote:
 I don't know why someone would give me 5 stars and leave me a great feedback with the best compliments and give a bad rating in private feedback.

Because clients are sick of a certain subset of freelancers asking for 5 stars, or arguing over "less than perfect" public feedback or getting upeset and wanting to plead, get the feedback changed etc.

So such clients just give 5 stars to get out of the contract cleanly and be done with it.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS