Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSS

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3371 of 5,754

Muhammad A wrote:

I don't have any nonactive contract however I have canceled the 2 contracts with no funding or refunded.

Does this effect JSS to this extent?

contracts that end with nothing ever paid  (or which were fully refunded) affect the JSS, yes.

waltgar
Walter G Member Since: Jan 19, 2020
3372 of 5,754

Greetings Everyone:

I'm very surprised to see my first score in Upwork at landed 75% from Raising Talent.

I have recieved  5 start reviews in all of my contracts.

I have 2 active contract on stand by. Clients postponed productions. I'm waiting for clients to provide new productions dates since December.

What gives?

Thanks in advance for any advise.

Cheers,

Walter

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3373 of 5,754

Walter G wrote:

I have 2 active contract on stand by. Clients postponed productions. I'm waiting for clients to provide new productions dates since December.

What gives?

Contracts that have been accepted, but are either closed with nothing ever paid, or have been open for over a couple of months with nothing ever (!) having been paid, affect your JSS negatively.

If you have any contracts that are over 2 months old and have never resuled in any earnings, that could be the reason. Even a minimal payment of a Dollar or more will reverse the effect. Contracts that started in December would not have been "inactive with nothing ever paid" for long enough though.

usamajaved77
Muhammad Usama J Member Since: May 15, 2019
3374 of 5,754

Hello, i would like to know why my jss is decreased from 100 percent to 80 percent?

Thanks

lindafoo
Ace Contributor
LIN F Member Since: Apr 30, 2016
3375 of 5,754
Hi all, I know that this has been asked over and over but I am a bit flabbergasted!! My score dropped from 100% to 92% today. I have ongoing projects and none have come to completion over the past few days. So it can’t be client feedback. One client went AWOL at the end of last year and did not leave feedback. This didn’t affect my 100% score at the time. If anyone has the time, could you please have a look at my profile and perhaps see what I’m missing here??
Thank you!
richardsmith94
Community Guru
Richard S Member Since: Mar 12, 2019
3376 of 5,754

LIN F wrote:
Hi all, I know that this has been asked over and over but I am a bit flabbergasted!! My score dropped from 100% to 92% today. I have ongoing projects and none have come to completion over the past few days. So it can’t be client feedback. One client went AWOL at the end of last year and did not leave feedback. This didn’t affect my 100% score at the time. If anyone has the time, could you please have a look at my profile and perhaps see what I’m missing here??
Thank you!

Hi Lin. I think that the JSS calculation is a mystery to most of us...Looking at your profile, you have had 6 public feedbacks during 2019 of less than 5, so I'm not quite sure why, until today, you had a JSS of 100%? I don't mean that as a criticism of you btw, far from it, the feedback is excellent, but presumably at some point that will have an impact? What I don't understand is why it hasn't had an impact earlier.

lindafoo
Ace Contributor
3377 of 5,754
My JSS hovered in the 90s for a long time (all those 4. ratings) and then increased to 100% at the end of last year. Which is why this drop of 8% now — when no projects have been competed — makes absolutely no sense!
lindafoo
Ace Contributor
3378 of 5,754
Thanks for your trouble Richard. Still totally confused and quite put out as it took me a long time to get to 100% again!
jossnaz
Lukas M Member Since: May 31, 2017
3379 of 5,754

My job success dropped to 75% even though all jobs I did in the last 24 months were successful. The client I've been working with the last couple months has given me more and more repeating projects, thus if it was "private" feedback, it really shouldnt drop my success score. Unless he did a mistake. Because obviously he wants to continue working with me. I directly asked him and he said that he did not give bad feedback privately. I'm on the brink of getting thrown out of upwork and have 5 star ratings from everyone except 1 client.

I wrote to customer support asking about what is going on, they mark my tickets as "solved" without giving an answer. I opened 2 tickets.

This is scary, because the client who has given me work the last couple months has given me another project just a couple days ago, which I accepted. Now I'm not sure what is going on, if he mistakenly gives some feedback that hurts me or if he does it on purpose or if there is another problem.

This absolutely intransparent situation feels very unfair to me, and that my issue gets ignored in the help center is a big disappointment.

pyrenees28
Chester Allan B Member Since: Aug 14, 2019
3380 of 5,754
Hello,
I have a question about my JSS. I have a 100% JSS now it's down to 96%. I have perfect 5star rating from all clients, I cant find any other reason why my JSS went down to 96%. I have a client who test hired me for 1 month my payment was due for release on Jan 22 but he decieded to release payment early (Jan 18) and start a new milestone and hired me as a regular junior designer.
Could this be the reason why JSS went down to 96%?
Thanks a lot

Chester
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS