Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSS

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Anum S Member Since: Feb 9, 2018
3371 of 3,527

Hi Jennifer...

But last project has been closed before last two weeks....!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
3372 of 3,527

Anum S wrote:

Hi Jennifer...

But last project has been closed before last two weeks....!

Right, and you had 2 probably 10 feedback scores drop out this month from your 6 month calculation.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
3373 of 3,527

Anum S wrote:

Hi Luce...

Thanks for your suggestion but sometimes it become crazy for the freelancer when they saw sudden drop of JSS without any reason.

Even if you had no new jobs, no old jobs closed, so if you think that nothing has happened in 2 weeks, something did happen: time. When 2 weeks pass, the JSS calculation window changes by 2 weeks. Good results drop out, bad results drop out. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Luce N Member Since: Oct 9, 2016
3374 of 3,527

Anum S wrote:

Hi Luce...

Thanks for your suggestion but sometimes it become crazy for the freelancer when they saw sudden drop of JSS without any reason.

I know, Anum... It's very frustrating. I just hate this JSS game. It's made to drive freelancer nuts!

Highlighted
Utibe Benson O Member Since: Jun 6, 2019
3375 of 3,527

Hello, My JSS score dropped from 86% to 80% on 16/02/2020 while I was on 3 contracts, one of which was closed before Sunday and the client gave me a 5 star rating and a good review though it didn't reflect on my profile until 17/02/2020,The remaining 2 contracts, one something was earned on it while the other nothing was earned on it. I want to ask why my JSS dropped so much given this circumstances, I actually feel this is a mistake and I would like Upwork to take a closer look at this.
Thank You
Regards.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3376 of 3,527
Utibe Benson O wrote:

Hello, My JSS score dropped from 86% to 80% on 16/02/2020 while I was on 3 contracts, one of which was closed before Sunday and the client gave me a 5 star rating and a good review though it didn't reflect on my profile until 17/02/2020,The remaining 2 contracts, one something was earned on it while the other nothing was earned on it.

How long has the contract with no earnings been open? Unless it's been more than 2 months, it has nothing at all to do with your JSS.

It is far more likely that you had not so great private feedback on a contract that closed recently.

And writing "PLEASE NOTE: My 80% JSS is not as a results of bad feed backs, it is as a result of my open contracts." on your profile is unprofessional, likely wrong and misleading, and  offputting to clients. 

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Mehran S Member Since: Dec 4, 2019
3377 of 3,527

Hi Everyone,

I hope all is well. I am here to just to get little help with that I just lost the Top Rated Status in this last weekend update. So, Would I have to wait for another 13 weeks out of 16 to regain this as If my JSS increases in the next Update, that is 2 weeks from now?

As I have 14/16 weeks So, If my JSS increases in the next Update that is 2 weeks from now would I just regain the status or the same 13 weeks.
I appreciate your time for this.
Thanks

Highlighted
Albert D Member Since: Aug 28, 2017
3378 of 3,527

Hi, I just wanna seek advise and answer

1.) why my JSS keeps getting low and low each week.
I have been working consistently, with good feedbacks and earned long term clients, and has earned over $40,000.
My profile is in public, you can check it anytime you want.
I'm asking this just so I know where to improve,

2.) I noticed I have a lot of ongoing contracts that were not making any money in a long time, will there be any negative effect if I stop them on my own and not by the client?
Do you advise me to do this? or what?

I appreciate it a lot!

Another thing, I ha

Highlighted
Mehedi H Member Since: Oct 18, 2019
3379 of 3,527

Is it tough to get a Job with 91% JSS with aTop Rated Badge. And If the client doesn't colse the contract after releasing all the milestones should I close the contracts? is that gonna reduce my JSS?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Phyllis G Member Since: Sep 8, 2016
3380 of 3,527

If the client closes the contract, they are forced to leave fb (and you are notified the contract has been closed and invited to leave fb). If you close the contract, you are required to leave fb and the client is invited to do so -- and they may or may not bother. It does not hurt your JSS for a contract to sit idle for a long time, provided some money was paid on it. A contract closed with no fb does not hurt your JSS unless you accumulate a large proportion of them. Therefore, it is best to let clients close contracts when possible.

When work is complete, send the client a message saying you enjoyed working with them; if they don't need anything else, they can close the contract and if they wish to re-hire you in the future it can be done with one click. Then leave them alone. If they don't close it, then you can eventually close it yourself but wait until you have a few others closed with fb to balance it.

I don't think a 91% JSS will keep you from getting work but if you drop below 90% then you'll lose your TR badge and you don't want that to happen. Keep an eye on your 'clients who would recommend you' percentage. That carries more weight in your JSS calculation than the public star ratings. It updates on a different schedule (to keep FLs from sussing out which clients give them less-than-great private fb).

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS