Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSS

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3581 of 4,079

Ahmed H wrote:
but i noticed that the client who rated me 4.6 didnt write any feedback so can this affect or she must wrote bad private feedback that made me into this

No, a lack of written feedback has no effect at all. But yes, I suspect the private feedback on that 4.6 asn't great. Do you have any contracts that never had any earnings? Either closed or open for 2+ months?

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Lara T Member Since: Feb 24, 2020
3582 of 4,079

Hi Ahmed,

As far as I know:

" if a client doesn’t leave you feedback it does not impact your JSS. However, if an excessive number of your contracts have no feedback it can affect your score. This is because lack of feedback typically indicates your clients were not completely satisfied with your work"

At least this is one of the insights that the support offered me when my score dropped substantially and surprinsingly.

So if this is not the case now, at least you know what to expect if this happens.

Best,

Lara

Highlighted
Ahmed H Member Since: Jun 3, 2019
3583 of 4,079

Petra R wrote:

Ahmed H wrote:
but i noticed that the client who rated me 4.6 didnt write any feedback so can this affect or she must wrote bad private feedback that made me into this

No, a lack of written feedback has no effect at all. But yes, I suspect the private feedback on that 4.6 asn't great. Do you have any contracts that never had any earnings? Either closed or open for 2+ months?

No all Contracts were Closed in much less than 2 months .. so it must be a bad Private Feedback that made my JSS go down .. why there are such clients She got more than what she asked for and everything went so smooth.. anyways Thanks for every1 that helped me figure out why my iss got that low 

Highlighted
Muhammad Fahad A Member Since: Jun 5, 2018
3584 of 4,079

Hi Upwork,

I want to know why my Job Success score dropped from 100% to 99%. I have all 5 Star jobs but confused why it happens? Please let me know.
Thanks!

Highlighted
Community Guru
3585 of 4,079

Muhammad Fahad A wrote:

I want to know why my Job Success score dropped from 100% to 99%. I have all 5 Star jobs but confused why it happens? Please let me know.

It looks like you no longer have enough completed contracts in your 6 month calculation window since the contract that closed in September 2019 dropped out of the 6 month window to calculate a 6-month JSS from, so it defaults to the 1 or 2 year windows. 

I wouldn't worry, there is really no noticable difference between a JSS of 100% and 99%  both are excellent.

When you look at your "My Stats" page, what is your private feedback percentage? (The "clients who would recommend me" percentage.)

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Lara T Member Since: Feb 24, 2020
3586 of 4,079

Dear Muhammed,

Unfortunately it is hard to know the exact reason why a score drops. I have tried and Upwork does not reveal how exactly the score is calculated, but you can read the general description here:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068358-Job-Success-Score

You can also enquire for more insights with the support team about your specific case.

Best,

Lara

Highlighted
Rick D Member Since: Mar 9, 2020
3587 of 4,079

About 5 months ago, I decided to put some effort in my profile. For months, I maintained a 100% Success Score. A couple weeks ago, I also became Top Rated. All my projects are 5 stars. The testimonials are gratifying.

Then yesterday my success score changed. Now it's 94% and I have no idea why.

The only thing that happened recently besides adding a couple more 5-star projects, was that I didn't respond to a single invitation within 24 hours.

Can someone give me a clue why my Job Success Score  dipped and what I can do to get it back up there?

Thanks in advance. Appreciated!

Highlighted
Community Guru
3588 of 4,079

Rick D wrote:

Then yesterday my success score changed. Now it's 94% and I have no idea why.

The only thing that happened recently besides adding a couple more 5-star projects, was that I didn't respond to a single invitation within 24 hours.

That would have been on Sunday (The JSS updates every Sunday afternoon UTC). Not responding to invitations has no effect on the JSS at all.

Do you have any contracts that have been open for 2+ months and you have never (!) earned anything from at all?

Or, has a contract been closed with no earnings (fully refunded or cancelled or otherwise closed with no earnings at all?)

Highlighted
Rick D Member Since: Mar 9, 2020
3589 of 4,079

Hi, Petra.

Well until today, I did have a contract open for a couple of months but I was billing time against it almost every week. But that contract was closed 3/31 (yesterday) successfully with 5 stars. 

Does that help?

I've never had a project closed with no earnings or refunded or cancelled.

How long does it take to readjust?

Highlighted
Community Guru
3590 of 4,079

Rick wrote:

Well until today, I did have a contract open for a couple of months but I was billing time against it almost every week. But that contract was closed 3/31 (yesterday) successfully with 5 stars. 

Then that can't be it. Open contracts only affect you if there was nothing paid, ever, which is not the case.

Next question: Did any contracts close between the 15th and the 29th of March? You might have got poor private feedback.

On your My Stats Page - what does it say for "clients who would recommend me? That is your private feedback percentage.

I've never had a project closed with no earnings or refunded or cancelled.

Never? Do you have 4 active contracts right now on your My Jobs Page?

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS