Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSS

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
31 of 5,249

April, every time you post about this, the numbers and presumed reasons change. Since your profile is set to private, no one can give you any meaningful input on what may be impacting your JSS. 

That's further complicated by the contradictory information you post. For example, you say that you've had about 20 jobs, but that 99.5% of your clients have given you 5-star feedback. The minimum number of clients to have had 99.5% of them give you 5-star feedback would be 200. If you've had 20 clients and 19 of them gave you 5-star feedback, that's 95%. 18 is 90%, etc.

Three open contracts plus one lower feedback is 20% of 20 jobs.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Nahid M Member Since: Apr 20, 2017
32 of 5,249
I have some unresponsive clients. After I finished the job they thanked me and just leave. They didn't close the job. I requested them but no answer. What should I do now? Can I close those contract? and how can I work with them closely if they did not even revisit Upwork? I think I should pray to God that one day my clients will come back and close those jobs.
Highlighted
Nafees M Member Since: Feb 28, 2017
33 of 5,249

My JSS score is dropped without any reason. one of my projects is in progress who paid me last week. and my JSS was 94 which is dropped to 88 without any reason neither new project is started nor any project ended since last about 1.5 months. My JSS score is dropped without any reason. one of my projects is in progress which paid me last week. and my JSS was 94 which is dropped to 88 without any reason neither new project is started nor any project ended since last about 1.5 months.

my score was 94 last week. I have no new feed back. I have no dispute or any refund, no negative feedback or customer complaints since last 4 week. then why???

your trend was showing i am at 94 then what happend to tend suddenly? i told you no new contract in or out since last 4 weeks. then why the trend is going so crazy ?

and my existing contract is also pay timely. then why ?
Where was your algorithm, 4 weeks ago, when it was showing 94? if old things were not going positive.

your algorithm is not fair if its doing so. i spent many many hours to get there. and you going away just saying its algorithum? I am extremely disappointed with Up-work. 
Highlighted
Community Guru
Aron H Member Since: Mar 29, 2017
34 of 5,249

while it is nearly impossible to understand you, i agree that the JSS this week is wierd.

i finished two jobs with 5star feedback the last 2 weeks, it dropped from 100 to 98.

i suppose jss will remain a mystery forever.

you'll have to accept it, i suppose.

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
35 of 5,249

Hi Nahid,

You can close the inactive jobs yourself if your clients aren't responding to your requests. You can close them at a rate of one contract biweekly, making sure you also successfully complete a contract and receive feedback in the meantime. Note that it's far more effective to ask the client to close your contract when delivering final work than following up with them after the work has been delivered and job completed.

Highlighted
Sergii Z Member Since: May 19, 2017
36 of 5,249

Hi Vladimir,

Thank you for your information.

I have one question : Is the score updated when i have finished inactivated contract?

Actually, i had one inactivated contract 2 weeks ago, but it is now activated again.

What do you think?

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
37 of 5,249

Hi Sergii,

Job Success Score is updated every second Sunday, please check the link I shared in my post above.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Will L Member Since: Jul 9, 2015
38 of 5,249

Upwork should not penalize freelancers for having unresponsive clients. As much as Upwork and its representatives on this board would like us to believe we must control our clients' actions, many clients (and maybe the happy ones, especially) don't trouble themselves with leaving feedback.

Instead of simply automatically counting no feedback from clients as a negative ding on a freelancer's Job Success Score, Upwork should notify clients when a job is cancelled, closed by the freelancer due to ongoing client unresponsiveness, etc. that the freelancer will automatically be awarded a perfect 5.0 rating on their project if the client does not leave his or her own freelancer rating within 14 days.

Many or even most of the happy clients would probably let the positive rating stand. Unhappy clients would have plenty of time to revise the rating on their own projects. And freelancers would not be held responsible for the actions of clients no reasonable person would expect them to be able to control.

Highlighted
Sergii Z Member Since: May 19, 2017
39 of 5,249

Hi there,

I have completed all my jobs succssfully, but my current score is only 75%.

The score was shown first when I ended 4th contracts, and it was 100%, but it was dropped down to 80% when I ended 5th contract(client's name was Liz) although I had completed that job succssfully.

The score was increased to 83% when I ended 6th contract, but it was dropped down again to 75% after I ended 2 new contracts(here, the client's name was Liz, same with above client).

I asked Liz whether she chose "job successfully completed" when she ended contracts, and she said "yes".

This is very strange and I can't understand the reason of my score.

Please explain about this situation in details.

Thank you,

Sergii

Highlighted
Community Leader
Abderrazzak B Member Since: Mar 23, 2017
40 of 5,249

Sorry to hear that Sergii

But, there's a Public Feedback and a Private Feedback, and I think your Client Liz didn't rate you well on the Private one, which coun't more than the Public one in the calculation of the JSS as I heared (or saw...)

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS