cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSS

jwrightfilm
Jordan W Member Since: Jun 29, 2020
4471 of 5,754

My JJS recently dropped from 100% to 79% Ive never not successfully completed work and my clients always appeared very satisfied. Can anyone explain why this happened? Im worried its effecting the amount of work i am getting.

djondinium
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
4472 of 5,754

Hi Jordan,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Your Job Success Score is calculated on 6-, 12-, and 24- months windows, and it is updated every second week on Sunday. There are many factors that go into your JSS calculation including public and private feedback given when the contract is closed, a pattern of contracts without feedback, etc. To learn more about JSS, please check out this help article. There was also an update on the JSS metrics to reflect the job value in the calculation. You can check out this Community thread for the official announcement.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
jwrightfilm
Jordan W Member Since: Jun 29, 2020
4473 of 5,754

Thank you for the reply but i dont think its fair that my Job Success Score is affected by happy clients that havent had the time to leave feedback. Especially since my 2 largest, most recent jobs, which both clients expressed positive feedback to me privatly and an interest to work together again, didnt leave feedback. It has had a real effect on the amount of proposals i am winning. Before the change i was a top rated freelancer and winning about 1/3 of the jobs i bidded for. Since the change i have gone almost 20 with no wins and barely any responses. There must be a way to manually review this as nor my job success or client satisfaction has changed yet my reputation on the site has significantly deteriorated. There is no use for me to buy and use more connects until this issue has been resolved.

moonraker
Community Guru
Jamie F Member Since: Mar 7, 2010
4474 of 5,754

You won't win, Jordan. They're not going to change their policies any time soon. Rightly or wrongly.

I've been in a similar position and quickly realised that arguing would get me nowhere. My JSS was in the mid-70s at the time, but it didn't take long to fix. Look for some smaller, 'quick fix' jobs, and you should hopefully see your JSS rising again. It was also at that time that I found one of my most lucrative contracts on the platform. That was about 3 years ago... and I'm still working for that same client. A low JSS is far from being the end to your chances on Upwork. 

I also learned to manage my contracts better to prevent the same thing from happening again. Try and avoid closing down too many at the same time, and try to encourage the client to close it at their side because they would then have to leave feedback. 

donnelly_drew
Ace Contributor
Drew D Member Since: Feb 18, 2020
4475 of 5,754

Jordan, you don't say whether you closed the contracts, or the client did. But it looks as if you recently closed quite a few yourself. Was there any reason for doing this? To emphasise Jamie's point - it can reduce your JSS substantially if you choose to close a heap of contracts at once: This is the reason why the clients didn't have to provide feedback. 

You would be better to either leave the contracts open, or ask the client (politely) to close them (as then they will be prompted to leave feedback).  

Edit: My bad, re-reading Jamie's comment I basically just said the exact same thing as him.  

haris-hodzic
Haris H Member Since: Jun 18, 2018
4476 of 5,754

Hello to everyone,

i have done 5 jobs ( public starts 5.0)

60% would recommend me 

I have refund only one contract from escrow / NOTHING ELSE !

And uppwork set me to 71% job success rate .... 

Can you please tell me how is that possible. This rate means i have at least 2 out of 5 failures ... 

richardrader
Community Leader
Richard R Member Since: Jun 22, 2018
4477 of 5,754
The JSS score is heavily dependant on your private feedback (whether or not clients reccomend you). If only 60% of your clients recommended you that means you have received some poor private feedback despite receiving good public feedback.
petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4478 of 5,754

Haris H wrote:

i have done 5 jobs ( public starts 5.0)

60% would recommend me 

I have refund only one contract from escrow / NOTHING ELSE !

And uppwork set me to 71% job success rate .... 

Can you please tell me how is that possible. This rate means i have at least 2 out of 5 failures ... 

I am surprised it's as high as that with a 60% private feedback rating. that is very very low indeed. It means you got very poor private feedback.

Also, contracts that never lead to any earnings also count as a negative factor. 2 failures out of 5 would be 60% ....

walidbsl
Walid H Member Since: Oct 26, 2017
4479 of 5,754

Hi Petra,

So if a client left a private feedback whatever he wants that we never know. After we successfully completed a  job with 5 star feedback but somehow when our JSS is decreased by the private feedback. So what's the point of my 5 star feedback? "I am not talking about other JSS rules" If another client judge a freelancer by his jss then he will skip me as a bad freelancer and he will never come back to my profile.  Would you please explain it?

TIA

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4480 of 5,754

Walid H wrote:

So what's the point of my 5 star feedback?

It looks pretty on your profile. That's it.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS