cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSS

Highlighted
JIAN L Member Since: Sep 3, 2019
4531 of 4,797

My JSS was 98%, But now it suddenly dropped to 96%. I am not sure whay happened. Here are something happened last week:
1, I finished one big project around 400USD, and got 5 star feedback.

2, I ended one completed contract(100USD) because the client did not respond for 3 month.(I intentionllay end it after the 400USD contract, so it may not affect my JSS)

3, I sent out some proposals, but did not get any new offer.

So what may cause my JSS drop? Because I ended the 100USD, or I did not get any new offer?

Thanks. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4532 of 4,797

JIAN L wrote:

My JSS was 98%, But now it suddenly dropped to 96%. I am not sure whay happened. Here are something happened last week:

The 5 stars came with less enthusiastic private feedback.

When a client says "Listens to feedback and ensures that work is up to the standard expected." that essentially tells me that the client was disappointed that it wasn't done up to standard originally and needed  "feedback" to be fixed and "up to standard". 

Highlighted
JIAN L Member Since: Sep 3, 2019
4533 of 4,797

Hi Petra R,

undefined:

JIAN L wrote:

When a client says "Listens to feedback and ensures that work is up to the standard expected." that essentially tells me that the client was disappointed that it wasn't done up to standard originally and needed  "feedback" to be fixed and "up to standard". 

Thanks for the comment. Does that mean: UpWork will read every feedback and try to analyze it and figure out the underlying meaning?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4534 of 4,797

JIAN L wrote:

Hi Petra R,

undefined:

JIAN L wrote: 

Thanks for the comment. Does that mean: UpWork will read every feedback and try to analyze it and figure out the underlying meaning?

No, of course not. The JSS is automatically calculated. It means that the client left public feedback with 5 stars, even though things didn't go 100% perfectly. The client then gave private feedback which more accurately reflected their feelings about the matter.  Public feedback has little to do with the JSS because it's mainly eye-candy. What really matters for the JSS is the private feedback the client left. I only explained that because it helped me pinpoint the contract most likely to have come with less enthusiastic private feedback.

Highlighted
Brijesh N Member Since: Oct 9, 2019
4535 of 4,797

My job success ratio does not update the last 1.5 months what is the issue?

Highlighted
Ahtasam A Member Since: Jun 26, 2020
4536 of 4,797
Hi, My JSS isn't updated. Between the last update and now I have done 2 clients both 5-star rated but my jss is the same.
Highlighted
Daniel L Member Since: Jul 6, 2020
4537 of 4,797
Hi! I have a question. So last month when I checked on my Stats, my JSS was still 100%. But when I checked again the other week, it became 97%. And just now when I checked it again it became 93% only (Last Updated July 5). I am wondering what could be the problem because all of my previous contracts were completed successfully and I got good feedback from all of my clients. If you take a look at my profile, all of it was 5-stars and a very nice feedbacks. I don't know what happened, I'm really stressed right now as I don't know what to do if this lowers down again. 😔
Highlighted
Naufal A Member Since: Oct 1, 2019
4538 of 4,797

Hello especially for Upwork support team, so currently I just get my JSS in my Upwork Profile and it seems that the calculation didn't correct, the reason I said this because there's only 1 Job with negative feedback and it has very low payment rate (8$), and there're 2 Jobs with 5 stars review that has way higher rate. 
And I'm only getting 56% Job Success Score, could you explain to me why this happens? 

And if it seems that there's a mistake with the JSS calculation could you please correct it? 
this is my Upwork Profile: upwork.com/fl/nasyhab

Really thanks! 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
4539 of 4,797

Naufal A wrote:

Hello especially for Upwork support team, so currently I just get my JSS in my Upwork Profile and it seems that the calculation didn't correct, the reason I said this because there's only 1 Job with negative feedback and it has very low payment rate (8$), and there're 2 Jobs with 5 stars review that has way higher rate. 
And I'm only getting 56% Job Success Score, could you explain to me why this happens? 

And if it seems that there's a mistake with the JSS calculation could you please correct it? 
this is my Upwork Profile: upwork.com/fl/nasyhab

Really thanks! 

You have 4 closed jobs, two out of those without feedback, plus the one with bad feedback probably did it. You absolutely have to avoid closing contracts yourself hoping for the client to leave feedback in the next 14 days, you should always let the client do that. An excessive number of no feedback jobs points to client dissatisfaction, at least by upwork algorithm. 

Highlighted
Naufal A Member Since: Oct 1, 2019
4540 of 4,797

So instead I just let the client decide whether they will close the contract or not even if they're less available and difficult to contact? 
and 1 of the negative feedback I got, is this impact too much on my JSS? 
With my current JSS status, is this will impact my success rate when I bidding Jobs on Upwork? 

And could you suggest to me the safest way to boost my current JSS? 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS