cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSS

Highlighted
Kripanshu K Member Since: Aug 2, 2020
4821 of 5,250

Thank you very much for the information, it clears everything.

Highlighted
Pritom D Member Since: Apr 9, 2020
4822 of 5,250

Started a weekly retainer contract with a client. It was for $X per week, but when the contract was created, it said $X per week and also said $Y per hour. I don't think I would actually be able to charge hours, but the client was still uncomfortable (they wanted to make sure it was not $X per week minimum PLUS $Y per hour).

The client cancelled the first / old job and created a new one, invited me, and gave me a new offer. Saw the same thing happened, so they shrugged and we're both hoping the charge is only $X per week.

That being said, is the fact that the client cancelled the job going to affect my JSS? You can see that the original job / offer was offered and cancelled in the same day (within hours) and the 2nd version of the job created.

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
4823 of 5,250

Hi Pritom, 

This will not automatically affect your JSS, but a pattern of contracts ended without any earnings will. In the future, please make sure to accept the offer once you and the client have discussed and agreed on all the information you need to complete the project, including the price. 

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
4824 of 5,250
Hi Joanne - we did discuss the price, and I did accept the offer. As I said, we agreed to $X per week and it seemed like that was the set up.

But after the contract started, it started also showing the $Y per hour too in the interface which is what led to the confusion - I can see why the client was unsure. There was never any hourly rate or anything when the weekly contract was being put together.

Might want to make it more clear and update how Weekly Retainers appear so it’s not confusing when Upwork shows something different than what was agreed upon.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4825 of 5,250

Pritom D wrote:
But after the contract started, it started also showing the $Y per hour too in the interface which is what led to the confusion - I can see why the client was unsure. There was never any hourly rate or anything when the weekly contract was being put together.

The client set up a salary/weekly payment instead of a retainer.

All the client would have had to do was to set the maximum weekly hours to 0. There was no need to cancel the contract.

Joanne Marie P wrote:

This will not automatically affect your JSS, . 

no earnings.png

Highlighted
4826 of 5,250

Got it, thanks for the input. I'll plan to monitor (especially with this week's update).

Hopefully it won't affect my JSS since we basically re-started the same contract under a new ID (and I hope the private feedback or w/e is counted as "positive outcome").

Highlighted
Marcelo T Member Since: Feb 26, 2019
4827 of 5,250

Hello fellow freelancers and UpWork community!

I am concerned to notice that even though I've had great success with recent projects and have maintained happy clients, my job success score remains stagnant (or even decreases) week after week.

Even though there have been no actions that could possibly influence my score negatively, my JSS continues to decrease on every update. It is worth noting that I've increased the % of both "clients who would recommend you" and my "long term clients". I've had plenty of ongoing work as well as recurring clients granting me new milestones each week.

I've been meticulously tracking my JSS on each update and have noticed it is painfully slow to rise but strikingly fast to drop.

I can't make sense of the scoring method, but there must be something wrong, or am I missing something? How is it possible that my performance as a freelancer has been consistently good but my score barely increases, or even decreases?

- Marcelo

Highlighted
4828 of 5,250

Update: now my score for both "clients who would recommend you" and my "long term clients" have decreased even though I've only had 5/5 reviews and consistent clients for the past 3 months.  

May last "negative review" was a 4.6 in May (which made my JSS score drop drastically). Since then, I have not been able to increase my score despite excellent client feedback and long term job. 

What is going on here!? 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4829 of 5,250

Marcelo T wrote:

Update: now my score for both "clients who would recommend you" and my "long term clients" have decreased even though I've only had 5/5 reviews   

You had poor private feedback.

Public feedback is pretty meaningless as far as the JSS is concerned. The private feedback is what drives the JSS

Highlighted
4830 of 5,250

That seems highly unlikely. For the past 4 months I've only worked with two long term clients with whom I have a great relationship. Both of them have expressed their satisfaction with my work and both of them continue to offer me new contracts and/or milesontes often. 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS