cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSS

Lorianne R Member Since: Nov 26, 2018
51 of 1,962
UpWork shouldn’t care about how good are we on client relationships, just on the delivery of the work. Everything else is not objective as to give a score on it. Some people could be super introvert and awkward and still deliver a great work. Maybe that could be taken in account to give you a top freelancer status but not for other general scores.
Community Guru
Phyllis G Member Since: Sep 8, 2016
52 of 1,962

Lorianne R wrote:
UpWork shouldn’t care about how good are we on client relationships, just on the delivery of the work. Everything else is not objective as to give a score on it. Some people could be super introvert and awkward and still deliver a great work. Maybe that could be taken in account to give you a top freelancer status but not for other general scores.

It's rarely possible to completely separate how a client feels about the specific work deliverable from how they feel in their relationship with the FL. And any successful FL will confirm the importance of repeat business. The ability to relate well with clients is part of the gig, just like having enough bookkeeping skills to manage your money, and enough marketing savvy to find new business. Some parts are more challenging for some people than others, but there are certain critical, minimum skills we all have to develop.

Anyway, of course UW cares about our success at cultivating and maintaining client relationships. They want clients returning to the platform and telling their friends to use it. 

Community Guru
Brian F Member Since: Jun 4, 2013
53 of 1,962

"there are certain critical, minimum skills we all have to develop."  Yeah, among those empathy and understading and not making unfounded assumptions...

Community Guru
Will L Member Since: Jul 9, 2015
54 of 1,962
Jennifer,

It's called a JOB Success Score, yet some of the rating criteria have nothing to do with how well the freelancer performs for clients (in other words, the specific JOB being rated). Some of what you mention is irrelevant to measuring that performance, though it will certainly reflect how successful a freelancer will be in terms of income, repeat business, etc.
Community Guru
Brian F Member Since: Jun 4, 2013
55 of 1,962

"It's called a JOB Success Score, yet some of the rating criteria have nothing to do with how well the freelancer performs for clients (in other words, the specific JOB being rated). Some of what you mention is irrelevant to measuring that performance, though it will certainly reflect how successful a freelancer will be in terms of income, repeat business, etc."

THANKS WILL!!  This is EXACTLY what are complaning about.  In response?  No action, and "explanations" that involve blaming the freelancer and telling them to ust try harder to get more contracts or explain the technicalities that are simply not justified or a fair represenration.  This needs to be changed.  It should NEVER have been implemented this way.  The witches' brew doesn't need these magic mushrooms.  It needs a diluter to make the solution clearer and more transparend and more related to objective criteria related to job performance measured in satisfaction vs dissatisfaction, not blanks.

M. Adeel G Member Since: Sep 5, 2017
56 of 1,962

Hi! 
I am facing issue with my success score which was 100% from beginning. But recenlty it dropped down to 95% and surprisingly i never got less than 5 stars or a bad review in any of my contracts. You can visit my profile and see all of my client's feedback on my work and I never removed any feedback ever.

I am so disappointed with it as i completed all contracts with good feedbacks and all my clients ended the contract on a good note and some of them contacted my again for more work. Can anyone tell me why my success score dropped? And is there any way to get my success score back to 100%?

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
57 of 1,962

Hi Adeel,

Private feedback is included in the calculation as well. 
The JSS is calculated in 6-12 and 24 moths windows, if some of your good feedback are pushed out of this windows it will slightly go lower.

You can focus on finishing smaller fixed price contracts so that they are included in your calculation little bit faster.

Untitled
58 of 1,962

I recently accepted a contract but then client ask for more work than he mentioned in job description so i just refunded him full amount even though i worked for him a little because I just not wanted that contract to affect my profile. I think my success score went down because of that contract. Other than this contract every client ended contracts happily. Is theres any way to see for which contract my job score dropped? 

Wahidul Islam M Member Since: Aug 31, 2017
59 of 1,962

I think this one is one of the major cause behind the JSS drop.

60 of 1,962

In that case, what should we do as a freelancer if client ask for more work than mentioned? I read in articles that it will not affect your profile if you refund the full amount to client, so i just refunded him. Even then if it affect my success sore then thats insane!

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS