Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSS

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
641 of 4,820

@Benjamin W wrote:

A recent client forgot to end the contract so I ended it and it lowered my JSS score 10%, from 100% to 90%. There was no feedback from the client. Another client is also unresponsive after I completed the one and only milestone a couple days ago. I want to end that contract too, but I'm afraid that it will continue to lower my score. Please help. 

Why do you want to end the contract so quickly? It has only been a few days. That's not really even an unresponsive client. Your clients don't work for you and ideally, have thriving businesses that they are busy taking care of. If you expect to hear back from clients just days after you complete a contract you are going to be disappointed. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
642 of 4,820

@Benjamin W wrote:

A recent client forgot to end the contract so I ended it and it lowered my JSS score 10%, from 100% to 90%.

No, it did not.

Highlighted
Community Leader
Nandeesh P Member Since: Sep 6, 2017
643 of 4,820

I was having 100% jss but today when it was updated it is now 97%, I have no clue why it has been reduced by 3%, can pls anyone tell what actually might have happened?
In between I have done 2 project got 5 stars in both and feedback only in one, can it be the reason for decrease in jss?

Highlighted
Community Guru
644 of 4,820

Someone probably gave you lower private feedback.

Whether a feedback is just stars or stars and verbal feedback makes no difference.

Highlighted
Ayman M Member Since: Mar 4, 2018
645 of 4,820

Hello everyone,

Can someone please explain this to me?! I had a job success score of a 88% then it jumped to 96% 3 weeks ago. Since then, I had no new jobs which mean no new feedbacks and no ongoing jobs without earning. I'm working on one long-term job which I earn from every single week. My job success score just went down to 92% and I think there is no apparent reason for that.  I mean no new jobs since it went up to 96%, no ongoing contracts without activity or earning and I earn from the only ongoing contract every single week. Why Did My Job Success Score Change?

Thanks,

Ayman

Highlighted
Rosenelle T Member Since: Oct 3, 2017
646 of 4,820

It was only 1 week of no contract but my Job Success Score goes down to 77 from 100. Can someone please assist me here. Also, I am still marked as Top Rated.

Highlighted
Community Guru
647 of 4,820

@Rosenelle T wrote:

It was only 1 week of no contract but my Job Success Score goes down to 77 from 100. Can someone please assist me here. Also, I am still marked as Top Rated.

One or both your recently ended contracts likely gave you poor private feedback. As the drop is so severe, it's likely both.

You might be able to salvage the situation to a degree by using your top rated perk (even though you are no longer top rated, and the badge will go away within the next day or two) - decide now which one was more damaging and have that one excluded.

Highlighted
Ordancho T Member Since: Aug 15, 2017
648 of 4,820

Hello upwork community.After this update i got my JSS from 96% to 90%,and in the period between these 2 updates i finished a job with 5* rating.Can someone check why this happened to me? Thanks!

Highlighted
Slave T Member Since: Feb 1, 2017
649 of 4,820

Hi, i want to know why my job success score is decreased from 100% to 92% , i dont have bad review for now.

Thanks

Highlighted
Daniel F Member Since: Mar 1, 2018
650 of 4,820

Hey Slave T o/

The exact formula behind the calculation of the Job Success Score seems to be one of the great mysteries of our time.

We don't really know how all the factors are weighed, and there even seems to be a dispute about which numbers factor into JSS at all, but from what I've read on these forums, there are several things that might have had a negative impact on your score:

- Jobs without feedback

- Private Feedback

- Long-term contracts with no recent activity

- Canceled contracts

It also might be an issue of contracts with great ratings dropping out of the 12(?) month window that is used for calculating JSS.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS