Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSS

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
661 of 4,779

Hi Yaryna

Job success score is calculated on 6-12 and 24 month windows, and your job success score is updated every second Sunday.

There are many factors that go into your JSS calculation including public and private feedback given when the contract is closed, pattern of contracts without feedback, etc. To learn more details about your Job success score and why it has changed check out this Help Article.

Untitled
Highlighted
Yaryna S Member Since: Jul 12, 2017
662 of 4,779

Hi

Thanx but I dont have works without feedback last 2 years and all feedback is 5 star

Also 95% of my work is permanent client and I dont think he will get me bad private feedback

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
663 of 4,779

My guess would be private feedback on that $ 10 job (first one on your history)

Highlighted
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
664 of 4,779

@Yaryna S wrote:

I have 17 jobs , all my feedback ratings are 5 star. I earn consistently

Why my rating dropped from 100% to 94% in just 1 day ?

JSS is calculated every 2 weeks, so any change is always in 1 day.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Baris A Member Since: Mar 15, 2017
665 of 4,779

@Martina P wrote:

@Yaryna S wrote:

I have 17 jobs , all my feedback ratings are 5 star. I earn consistently

Why my rating dropped from 100% to 94% in just 1 day ?

JSS is calculated every 2 weeks, so any change is always in 1 day.

You are aware that you are replying to something posted on 5th of March, right?

Edit:

Untitled-1.jpg

Highlighted
Miguel L Member Since: Mar 20, 2017
666 of 4,779

Hello I'm a designer

Around a month ago my JSS was 92% but unfortunately I decided to start a project with a client that apparently just like to bother the freelancers and just make me lost my time, but to make short the story she gave a bad feedback (2.5 stars) , now I see that my JSS is 81% and I'm trying to understand how is that possible because the other clients have leave a 5 stars score.

I have read all information available in customer support about JSS, but I still don't know how just 1 bad client in 1 project can take 11% from my JSS ,looks like very weird maths are working on those algorithms.

Please if anyone knows how can avoid or fix this I would be really happy to apply your recommendations. 

Highlighted
Community Leader
Allen W Member Since: Oct 7, 2017
667 of 4,779

Hey Miguel,

I get it, that is frustrating. Sometimes we get clients like that. 

I would like to point out that, while you do have some five star feedbacks, not all of them are. You have a bunch in the 4's and quite a few with no feedback left. That negatively affects your JSS as well. Also, there is no telling what any of them are putting in the private feedback. That counts. I can certainly see how this latest score dropped it to 81%. 

Just keep getting those 5 stars and balance it back out. It may take some time, but that is the only option moving forward.

Highlighted
Miguel L Member Since: Mar 20, 2017
668 of 4,779

Hi Shane,

Sorry probably I didn't explain it properly I know that the JSS can change with a bad feedback but my doubt it is focused in how the algorithms from Upwork can take a 11% from all the JSS just for 1 bad client but in the customer support info about the JSS said that that can't happen and it is looks like what is happening to me, on other side I it's impossible to understand how if I have 23 jobs done just 1 of them represents a 11% form all the score and that is I call it weird maths.

Thank you for have take some time to answer

Highlighted
John A Member Since: Feb 20, 2018
669 of 4,779

Hey Miguel. I think the best way to improve your JSS is to deliver excellent work to your future clients.

The client could have given you a 0 or 1 on the private client-to-freelancer feedback and that caused the significant drop in your JSS score. Try to deliver excellent work to your clients and satisfy their needs. They will give you and good rating and in return your score will be better. Good Luck!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
670 of 4,779

Miquel, it's a little surprising that your JSS was 92%. Six of your 23 jobs have no feedback--that's more than 25%. Of the 19 that have feedback, three are less than 5 stars, and the new one that undoubtedly dropped your score to 81% is abysmal. You can bet the private feedback on that one is dreadful, as well.

Overall, that means about 60% of your clients have left you 5-star feedback. Your JSS will likely drop further in the next couple of months, as some of your strong early ratings will drop out of the calculation window, leaving a higher percentage of no feedback contracts and shifting more weight to your lower-scoring contracts.

If you were top-rated before the drop, it's been less than two weeks, and you haven't used the perk before, you can remove that bad contract from the calculation and restore your score. But, with those old contracts about to fall out of the calculation, you're likely to see it fall again unless you are able to add some 5-star contracts with good private feedback during that time.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS