Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSS

Highlighted
Miguel L Member Since: Mar 20, 2017
671 of 4,800

Thanks for your answer Tiffany,

now I have a clear view about what I can do about it ,and unfortunately I was right about the algorithm does not take into account all the variables because assumes that a client who do not leave a feedback it is an unsatisfied client but at least in my case that is not true because the client remained adding milestones after that job in fact the other client who didn't leave a feedback was the same from the most recent job so definitely those algorithms have serious issues because can't calculated how strange can be the behavior from some clients and that work against the freelancers.

I know that this is not going to be fixed but I just want to point something that probably could be happening to many freelances from Upwork.

Highlighted
Hana H Member Since: Feb 27, 2017
672 of 4,800

This is not a question, this is merely a rant. 
In what world, other than Upwork, would you have a success score of 89%, only for it to decrease to 86% AFTER YOU FINISH A JOB FOR 500$ SUCCESSFULLY! 
Utterly disappointed and frustrated with this website.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Melanie H Member Since: Nov 2, 2017
673 of 4,800

I agree with Tiffany. It was probably the private FB. I am sorry. Smiley Sad Do you have any idea what prompted this? IOW, if it's something within your control - choosing more appropriate projects in the future, being more complete about them... I don't know, something, then go ahead - change that! Try to absolutely kill every project.

AND try to be professional and polite.

But if you literally are mystified, this could just be a one-off. It DOES happen...where the FLer literally has no clue why s/he was given a "meh" rating. In that case there isn't much you can do except to be as careful as you possibly can in choosing clients - check their FB to others, others' FB to them, the CLEAR parameters of the project, how many projects they've assigned...and so on.

I hear ya and I am sorry. But you can pull yourself out of this with more projects, doing a super job on each. Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Miguel L Member Since: Mar 20, 2017
674 of 4,800

Hi  Melanie

You are totally right about being really careful choosing the project but some times the information available from the client it's to short to be clear about the kind of client.

answering to you question: the girl **Edited for Community Guidelines** disregard all the recommendations to create her project and go direct to create a first draft version after send it, she said that was looking for something totally different just end the contract and leave a horrible feedback from my work, she refuse to allow any correction and end the contract.

I can't know why she did that but definitely was being irrational.  

Highlighted
Community Guru
Melanie H Member Since: Nov 2, 2017
675 of 4,800

@loretomiguelwrote:

Hi  Melanie

You are totally right about being really careful choosing the project but some times the information available from the client it's to short to be clear about the kind of client.

answering to you question: the girl **Edited for Community Guidelines** disregard all the recommendations to create her project and go direct to create a first draft version after send it, she said that was looking for something totally different just end the contract and leave a horrible feedback from my work, she refuse to allow any correction and end the contract.

I can't know why she did that but definitely was being irrational.  

I don't know, but I had something similar happen. A client wanted me to edit a photo (there was NO mention of photo editing in the project...I don't even advertise that skill, LOL) and it was an edit-edit...as in, he wanted me to take someone else's image, remove the background color from one aspect of the photo and replace it with his own color, and eliminate their text and add his text.

I told him that wasn't within my capabilities, suggested he hire a graphic artist for just that one element and that I would go ahead and make other changes per his parameters, such as font colors he wanted changed (he hadn't mentioned those in the original project either but it's not like that was going to be difficult to do or anything, that's the click of a button. He freaked out, instructed me not to bother finishing the project (as in...the part he'd actually mentioned in the job listing!) and yanked the project. It was...a little nutty.

But yeah. People are people. I feel like I didn't choose wisely enough that time. Sadly, I now simply avoid customers with fewer than 6 or 7 FBs left AND received...like the plague. It is what it is, people do weird stuff occasionally.

Just know you're not alone. In the world of freelancing, shtuff happens. Choose AS CAREFULLY as you can, do exactly per the instructions, try to absolutely kill every project, manage every project to the very best of your ability and UW guidelines and after that, well, what can ya do?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Baris A Member Since: Mar 15, 2017
676 of 4,800

Hana it is not private feedback. You have 10 completed jobs for the last 2 years, 7 of which is in your last 1 year window and 3 jobs in your 6 months. There were 4 jobs last time JSS was calculated. When that fell your JSS began to be calculated from your 1 year and 2 years ratings because 3 jobs are not enough for that calculation. If you can complete a couple of jobs with 5 stars till the next calculation, it will probably go way over 89.

Highlighted
Community Leader
Joëlle O Member Since: Jan 25, 2013
677 of 4,800

Hana,

Maybe it has to do with the private feedback..? I'm sorry about that though, that's a bummer. Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Benznana M Member Since: May 18, 2017
678 of 4,800

Hello all!
I want asking you about my JSS !
I was had a issue with a bad client and I won it but the 'upwork' withdraw 20% so I got 80% for no reason .
btw I worked and I got now 88% . Then I stoped get jobs from 2017/06 so my account get invisible until yesterday! I got a project and I completed successfully I got 5 stars and good feedback!
but my JSS still 88% can I know how I can get 90% in JSS?
And thankyou for your replay Smiley Happy .

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
679 of 4,800

@Benznana M wrote:

Hello all!
I want asking you about my JSS !
I was had a issue with a bad client and I won it but the 'upwork' withdraw 20% so I got 80% for no reason .
btw I worked and I got now 88% . Then I stoped get jobs from 2017/06 so my account get invisible until yesterday! I got a project and I completed successfully I got 5 stars and good feedback!
but my JSS still 88% can I know how I can get 90% in JSS?
And thankyou for your replay Smiley Happy .

JSS is rescored every two weeks on Sunday. So, you won't see a score change until the next recalculation. You will have to wait and see if your score goes up then. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
680 of 4,800

The comment from the client you mention here says nothing but "ok". It's a good bet that client did not give you a great "would recommend" rating, which has a significant impact on JSS.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS